Bellazon

Geekologie

Prettyphile

14 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

He's talking about chronotypes :bounce: Very interesting video.

Thanks for the video, I just finished watching it and it was super interesting, just like you said! I agree on those 3 basic chronotypes, but I'm not sure if there's room for the dolphins (they're just depressed wolves?)  :bounce: 

I'm definitely a wolf, but I have qualities from other chronotypes as well :bounce: 

What's your chronotype? :Amelie_wft:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

^

sometimes I see middle aged men and teenaged boys walk outside in winter weather (such as today- it was 20 degrees F with windchill) in nothing but windbreaker, gloves and shorts.    IT is always ???? to me.  My guess is that they have a high metabolism or something.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, Cult Icon said:

^

sometimes I see middle aged men and teenaged boys walk outside in winter weather (such as today- it was 20 degrees F with windchill) in nothing but windbreaker, gloves and shorts.    IT is always ???? to me.  My guess is that they have a high metabolism or something.

From experience after it's been past -30c for a week anything above -10c feels like summer, at least right after

Despite all the negative and terrible things that happened because of Covid (and they are really horrible), there's still some good that will come out of this: medical research has progressed very fast, we have knowledge on how to (and how not to) manage a pandemic, countries will make strategic stockpiles of masks, etc.

• 1 month later...

I gotta friend that works, as a computer engineer, on proteomics. The efficiency and accuracy of their job has increased a lot in the past years.  There are many applications, like studying the spike protein (and its mutations) in Covid.

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2021_02/1174839283_Protinespike.gif.221328b2dd4a3a8bd497e44de19eb67b.gif

Once again, the world owes a lot to geeks and nerds.  :nicole:

rami-malek-mr-robot.gif