Bellazon

Computer Problems

actually the CPU doesn't shut down (not the pc entirely) - but still the monitor turns on and off and "blocks" - but I'm pretty sure it's because of the CPU :p

I don't know about the circulation, I keep the computer in my room and there's always plenty of space behind it and on the sided (for the circulation, if that's what you mean)

How should I take a pic of the computer guts? :blush: sorry I don't understand you :p

• 3 weeks later...
- the whole problem was in the video card (replaced now)
Your monitor issue sounds more like a video card problem

I totally called it!

Toobs was off on a tangent!

I totally called it!

post-20827-0-1446188086-40167_thumb.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi!

Yesterday my computer closed itself and now I can´t get it running again any suggestions? :cry:

Now I useing moms computer

Hopefully someone can help me!!! :)

Marie

Hi Marie,

I would need more information to help you, like type of computer, operating system and when did it close down? On start-up? browsing? I build computers and can probably help you out...

-J-

• 9 months later...

I forgot how I reduce the size of the page..all of a sudden, I have to scroll back and forth to get the whole page. I tried changing the resolution in display but that didn't help. On this page, for instance, my name and stuff is hidden behind the BZ logo......everything is in big print.

Stupid question but still, can anyone tell me what to do?

^Press Alt to bring up the menubar, then go to view->zoom and check if it's on 100%.

OMG! Thank you so much, Berno!! It somehow had gotten on 150%. I do NOT know how that happened but it's on 100 now and just fine. :hug::flower:

You made my day......

Izzie

• 8 months later...

this yahoo search is driving me crazy ...does anybody knows how to change it with google?i mean when i type something in the address bar but withouth .com or www ,and it pops out yahoo searching instead google <_<

What is the URL you typed?

Are you using IE or Firefox?

I don't think it will direct you to the right website without .com if it originally has it :rofl:

I've tried to type "www.google" or "google" in the address bar and it directed me to www.ask.com :nicole:

i used to type just a single word like armani or bellazon in my mozilla and it redirected me straight to the armani.com or if theres more similar sites redirected me to google,without www or .com or .net or whatever.the problem is now is redirecting me to yahoo,not to google... i dont want yaaahooooo :( i must have change it to yahoo somehow withouth knowing and now cat fix it :|

damn you,yahOO! ::persuazn: :laugh:

• 1 month later...

If your game(s) aren’t working, you could try starting your computer in a clean state. To start your computer by using a small set of drivers and startup programs so that you can actually make it to the operating system and determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot" or a “clean startup”

When you start Windows by using a normal startup, several applications and services start automatically because of the way they were installed, and then run in the background. These programs include basic system processes and advanced processes, antivirus software, system utility applications, and other software that has been previously installed. These applications and services can cause interference or when you install or run a program can cause it to go funny and not install or just not work at all. OK, you must be logged onto your Admin account for this to work, which most of you already are, and if you do a clean start, some programs that rely on the background or start-up service might not work until you restart in the normal start mode. Now if you want to perform one of these clean starts, here is how to do it:

Part 1

1.Click Start or the Windows logo and type msconfig in the Start Search/Run box, and then press ENTER.

Part 2

In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Selective Startup under the General tabb.

Note! The “Use Original Boot.ini” check box is unavailable. Don’t worry, it won’t affect you.

1.Click to clear the "Load Startup Items" check box.

2.Clicck the Services tab.

3.Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.

4.Click Disable All, and then click on OK.

5.When you are prompted to restart for them to take effect, click Restart.

If your clean start errors and you cannot boot, you just need to keep tapping F8 during startup and start using Safe Mode, from then on you can enable back all your services thus allowing you to access the operating system againb.

Thanks

Computer Repairs