Release Date:

February 17, 2006 (Limited)

(Original Release 2004)

Trailers:

(Quicktime)

Small-Medium-Large

Plot Outline:

(Courtesy Movie Web)

Set in contemporary Moscow, "Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor)" revolves around the conflict and balance maintained between the forces of light and darkness -- the result of a medieval truce between the opposing sides. As night falls, the dark forces battle the super-human "Others" of the Night Watch, whose mission is to patrol and protect. But there is constant fear that an ancient prophecy will come true: that a powerful "Other" will rise up, be tempted by one of the sides, and tip the balance plunging the world into a renewed war between the dark and light, the results of which would be catastrophic. "Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor)" is the first installment of a trilogy based on the best-selling sci-fi novels of Sergei Lukyanenko entitled Night Watch, Day Watch and Dusk Watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I guess this has finally got a release date here in the states, and it's about time. February 17, 2006 limited release. Hopefully it does decent money here, that way the rest of the trilogy will be released in theaters here eventually as well, or at least on dvd.

im trying to get my hands on the book and it says it wont be released until june or july of this year in the U.S, the book I mean...and it says a russian movie that miramax has bought the rights to so i guess the feb release over here will be very limited and it wont be fully released until july <_<

info on the book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140135979...5Fencoding=UTF8

Edited by Neo52285

and like the movie theater was packed....I seriously thought it was going to be only me and my friends and I sort of dragged them into seeing it. The movie is subtitled but its like so cool the way the did the subtitles, its like they are interactive subtitles is so bad ass.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting film. It was in the cinema here last summer and I saw it. I have an uncut version from Russia on dvd, but I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if it's different than the one in theatres.

Now I'm waiting for Day Watch to come up in here... but if it takes too long I'll get a dvd.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...