Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

Heidi has worn out her welcome and needs to go as well as Ale. I love Adriana but she needs to go to.

People will argue that they are the most popular and famous ones, but no matter how popular they are, there's still a such thing as staying too long. Hell, Heidi is famous and popular, but it doesn't stop people from saying she needs to go. Because they have already been with the company so long, the longer Adriana and Alessandra stick around, the more you will hear the same things about them.

I see what VS is doing by adding all of these younger girls. They have an "older" line-up right now.

Heidi = 36

Marisa = 31

Adriana & Alessandra = 28

Miranda = 26

Doutzen = 25

If Adriana and Alessandra end up being around 5 more years, that'll put them at 33 when their deals ended. If Marisa signed an extension she'd be in her mid 30s when the deal ended. Same with Miranda. She'd be almost 30 or in her early 30s when her contract ended if she was extended. With these new girls, they have two 20 year olds (Chanel and Emanuela), a 21 year old (Candice), a 22 year old (Rosie) and a 23 year old (Lindsay). I think they are adding youth more than anything.

I can't see all of them panning out. I can't see any of them becoming iconic angels and household names ala Gisele or Tyra either, but VS is taking a big leap and trying something different and I give them a semi-golf clap for it.

PS: Doutzen is 24, not 25! :)

I think at least Heidi, Miranda and Doutzen are out next year! And maybe Marisa , but not sure! And honestly, i don't mind! Miranda goes to HF, Doutzen is coming back to HF and Heidi is old! The only one i'd be sad if she went is Marisa!

I'm very surprised about Lindsay and Chanel! Really weird they took a girl who has never walked the show!! :blink: I think Candice, Manu and Rosie would have been enough,... :whistle:

Why is it weird that they took a girl who has never walked a new? Selita (though she tried out and didn't make it), Izabel, and Marisa (I think she was signed later after the show, but I'm not sure) never walked before they were Angels.

I guess we will see how it all pans out. I mean you never know. Maybe they want this much. We dont know how their mind works. Maybe this is the group of girls they want for VS. I'm just hoping some news comes soon in regards to the show. Like fittings and stuff. Wanna see if they will release pictures of the new girls doing fittings. I hope so :D

Why do people say that being an Angel is exclusive?

Being an angel hasn't been exclusive for years.

First they signed Izabel, Karolina and Selita. 2 years later Miranda and Marisa. A year after that Doutzen and then Izabel, Karolina and Selita left.

Izabel was the only one who left and now look where she is. Selita and KK's contracts weren't renewed, but I think Selita still has a catalog contract.

Yeah out of those three Selita is the only one I see now. Selita is also the only one I think willdo the show this year. Karolina won't be there because she just had a baby. As for Izabel I heard there is bad blood with her and VS. I am not sure if that is true, but we will wait and see if she is there.

Maybe this is the group of girls they want for VS

If all of the new angels were truly signed for three years each (and we don't know that for sure, it's just assumed based on past history), then that's going to be one stagnant angel line-up for the forseeable future. At the very least, we will probably be looking at Adriana, Alessandra, Rosie, Candice, Lindsay, Emanuela, and Chanel for the next three years. At the end of the day I'm a VS fan so I'm hoping Lindsay can step up and become my pet favorite.

I still believe that the fact that they greenlighted the show with just their four core non-pregnant angels is a good thing. It proved that the company didn't just revolve around one or two people - no matter how much of a "name" they might have. Regardless of which angels might be on their way out, I don't see it as an indictment upon them as models. Most angels stick around for 3 to 4 years, and then they move on. Even Laetitia, one of the sexiest angels, wasn't a long tenured one. Marisa, Miranda and Doutzen all have things going for them, so I think they'll be okay if they go and there won't be any hard feelings. They would have all had good, positive runs with the company. It's different from a Selita or Izabel who had negative sentiments following them all the way through or Heidi who has the drums of the "Why won't she leave" brigade banging in her background.

what the hell? :blink:

chanel? that sure as hell came out the blue...

i think she's great and all...but like people are saying...she hasn't even walked? we know she can...but it's still shocking...

IM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR CANDICE!!!!! YEAY!!! about damn time..... :drool:

rosie and emmanuel are knock outs too...great overall looks and can walk too!

vs has to fatt'n up lindsay and chanel a little and i think they'll grow on us a little more...

but i'm happy overall...i do see the end of heidi though...i love her and want her to stay..but i do think she's gonna exit soon...

lol, i'm sure they probebly dont read this too, but i'm hoping it'll trickle down somehow....one could always hope :blush:

The new 2010 Angels List *Confirmed*

Heidi Klum (unknown suspected 1 more year)

Adriana Lima (5-7 more years)

Alessandra Ambrosio (5 or more years)

Miranda Kerr (2 or more)

Marisa Miller (1 or more)

Doutzen Kroes (1 or more)

Emanuela De Paula (3)

Chanel Iman (3)

Lindsay Ellingson (3)

Candice Swanepoel (3)

Rosie Huntington Whiteley (3)

Now No one is getting replaced, just before any argument starts. I've put how many years is known to the public that the girls are or will be contracted for Heidi's through Doutzen's, I've placed how many years are left on their current contract. The ones like Marisa, Miranda and etc are obviously going to get the 3 year renewal that's what I placed more :)

NO WAY!!! I´M SOO SOOO SOOO HAPPY!!!! Don´t care if they take Mk out next year I LOVE HER but I know she has lots of more out there and she is not just good at VS like other angels!!! and plus I really thinck VS loves her so if she doesn´t have the Angel Status she will at least come back to model or model for the catoluge!!! :)

And my dream come true to see Rosie, Candy & MK!!!! as angels together for at least one year!!! yey!!!!

Don´t care of the other new ones tho congrats girl!!! will see wat happens for now I´m really happy and exited!!!

15 days till the SHOW!!!

what happened with those two anyway?i never really got why they left

Quite simply, their contracts were not renewed. Selita still models for the catalogue though and she said on her Twitter she would be in show (we'll see), so the company still values her in some respect. By negative sentiment, I'm referring to their initial signings. A lot of VS fans were taken aback by their signings didn't think either of them deserved to be angels (kind of like the same thing I'm reading in regards to Chanel and Lindsay). Izabel and Selita both had their fans, but the company opted not to renew their contracts. My opinion is that when they left, I think in a way some people saw it as a validation of their opinion that they didn't deserve to be there in the first place. I just don't get that same kind of vibe with Miranda, Marisa, or Doutzen.

Not surprising that the two of them weren't around for a long time, and it wouldn't be surprising if some of the others weren't either. The angels as an entity themselves have only been around 11 years, so 3 to 4 years with the company is the norm - not the exception.

I love Rosie and Doutzen! LOL, Chanel and Lindsay I'm kind of ??? about. Like they're very cute for pink...but I always thought VS was more sexy. Like Rosie, Manu, and Candice fit the sexy part of it. Miranda is adorable as well, but she pulls off sexy too (hopefully she gains some weight...she's been looking kind of skinny recently). I'm not fond of Marisa's face, though she has a slamming body, BUT she is an amazing spokesperson. Great personality. Heidi has a cute personality and its good that they have someone there for the older set. I'm really sad Adri isn't going to be in this show...and I know she wants lots of kids...so maybe she's retiring soon? Alessandra I always thought was rather straight as a board, but she's beautiful as well with a great personality and she totally makes it work on the runway. I agree with those saying that they're probably trying to mix up the age group again. Just Lindsay and Chanel need to fill out a little more I think.

I would kill someone to get tickets to the VSFS. Let me go to the show then you can take me to jail. :D

LOL just make a ridiculously famous fashion blog and you can get invited too without having to go to jail.

I think its fine for people to give their opinion about models they like and don't like but i think its rude to call them ugly. We need to stop bashing models in here and just focus on the fashion show.

Can't wait for the fashion show now! I'm so clearing my schedule!

Edited by PinkCouture

I love Rosie and Doutzen! LOL, Chanel and Lindsay I'm kind of ??? about. Like they're very cute for pink...but I always thought VS was more sexy. Like Rosie, Manu, and Candice fit the sexy part of it. Miranda is adorable as well, but she pulls off sexy too (hopefully she gains some weight...she's been looking kind of skinny recently). I'm not fond of Marisa's face, though she has a slamming body, BUT she is an amazing spokesperson. Great personality. Heidi has a cute personality and its good that they have someone there for the older set. I'm really sad Adri isn't going to be in this show...and I know she wants lots of kids...so maybe she's retiring soon? Alessandra I always thought was rather straight as a board, but she's beautiful as well with a great personality and she totally makes it work on the runway. I agree with those saying that they're probably trying to mix up the age group again. Just Lindsay and Chanel need to fill out a little more I think.

Dri isn't retiring anytime soon, she's said so herself (while she's been pregnant) and VS is already preparing for her huge comeback next year, from what Monica Mitro's office told Lima-Fans. They couldn't give a lot of details, but they are working with her to be the big comeback event(s) next year. Also she just signed a new 5 year contract next year, along with a 5 year beauty contract earlier this year, which means she'll at least be around for 7 more years, so she's not retiring. (Seriously how many times have people written this lol)

Miranda there have been rumors for a year a half that VS and her aren't clicking, and Doutzen, well all the signs are their. I don't think they'll be around much longer I think realistically we're looking at this line up. Along with Keeping Ale, I think their keeping their most famous faces, Adriana, Ale and Marisa and then adding some great spokesmodels so they really get the best of both worlds.

Adriana

Alessandra

Marisa

Emanuela

Candice

Chanel

Lindsay

Rosie