Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

It seems like everybody who put on a pair of panties is being talked about as a potential angel these days. In addition to Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda, Marisa, and Doutzen, we have Emanuela (the imaginary angel), Candice, Rosie, and Lindsay as ones listed most often as angel contenders. That's 10 models. Out of that group - realistically who stays, goes, and joins?

- Adriana and Alessandra, apparently we might be stuck with them until they are walking down the runway at 34, 35, and 36 like Heidi does. I think Heidi will be there until she decides she wants to go, and she doesn't seem to be heading in that direction. She really has no reason to though. She's a superstar. She's the most famous.

Miranda, Marisa, and Doutzen. Out of the three, I think Marisa is the most secure because of her amazing spokesperson skills. Miranda brings something different to the group because she's not the busty, in your face sexpot and she also has good promotional skills and a steadily rising profile. Doutzen is a beauty. She has that classic look that none of the other angels have, but what good is it when her photographs hardly ever look good in the catalogues? Christmas is the best she's ever looked for them, but I doubt the company can keep that up. Out of the current angels, Miranda and Doutzen are the ones that I worry about the most. Even though I would keep both of them, I don't know if the company would feel the same.

The main incoming contenders - Rosie, Candice, Emanuela, and Lindsay. I don't like Candice. She's a pretty girl, but I find her to be very dull and boring. Where is her buzz? Where is her profile? I think if she ends up with a contract, she will settle. She'll fall into the role of glorified panty pusher and basically depend on VS to make her a star. Every pretty girl is not cut out for angeldom. I'm waiting for that extra something to just "move" me, and it hasn't yet. Just being "hot" isn't enough. They might be better off choosing someone who oozes less hot and more charisma.

Emanuela - depending on which internet expert you believe, she has been a secret angel for almost two years now. Whether or not she is already officially onboard, I am not particularly fond of her. I think VS needs a minority and some diversity in the line-up, but I just don't think Emanuela has that x-factor to make her a successful angel. Again, it takes more than a pretty face to be a valuable addition to the group.

I'm neutral on Rosie and Lindsay. Neither of them move me either way, but they have the most potential out of the current group of youngsters that regularly appear in the catalogues. VS would have their work cut out for them in trying to make them household names.

Since the ones I don't like aren't going anywhere (the Brazilians), I would keep the line-up as is and add one or two more models - Candice not being one of them.

I would like to see

the Angels

Emanuela

Maryna L

Arlenis

Irina Sheik

Candice

Ksenia Kahnovich

Catherine McNeil

Emily D(Pink)

Oluchi

Izabel G

Bar

Rianne

Natasha P

Edita

Jeisa

Isabeli

Ana BB

don't want to see

Jessica W

Erin W

Erin E

Caroline W

Heidi(go home)

Sessilee(Cruella de Ville)

Lara Stone

Angela

Chanel Iman

Rosie

Lindsay(too skinny)

I would like to see

the Angels

Emanuela

Maryna L

Arlenis

Irina Sheik

Candice

Ksenia Kahnovich

Catherine McNeil

Emily D(Pink)

Oluchi

Izabel G

Bar

Rianne

Natasha P

Edita

Jeisa

Isabeli

Ana BB

don't want to see

Jessica W

Erin W

Erin E

Caroline W

Heidi(go home)

Lara Stone

Angela

Chanel Iman

Rosie

Lindsay(too skinny)

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!! BUT I THINK THAT YOU MISS ALESSANDRA!

No she didn't miss Alessandra. I know I have made a list like this before and stuff, but now it just is starting to annoy me. We have to deal with the fact that certain girls we don't like are going to be in the show. We won't know who for sure until November 19th who will all be in the show. As for who will be the new angel well we will have to wait and see if there will even be one this year. I don't think Lindsay Ellingson stands a chance at becoming an angel. I think she is an amazing model, but I don't think she will be and angel. As for the other three, I think Rosie stands a better chance then Candice as of now. Rosie has that certain "oomph factor" the other girls don't have.

I could see rosie, emmanuela, candice becoming an angel, even chanel iman and behati. i really don't see lindsay becoming an angel. i think they need a dark skin model to be an angel there is no dark angel, so yeah i think emanuela would be a good dark angel, and chanel is pretty, so yeah i could see her becoming an angel in 2 more years.

I would like to see

the Angels

Emanuela

Maryna L

Arlenis

Irina Sheik

Candice

Ksenia Kahnovich

Catherine McNeil

Emily D(Pink)

Oluchi

Izabel G

Bar

Rianne

Natasha P

Edita

Jeisa

Isabeli

Ana BB

don't want to see

Jessica W

Erin W

Erin E

Caroline W

Heidi(go home)

Lara Stone

Angela

Chanel Iman

Rosie

Lindsay(too skinny)

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!! BUT I THINK THAT YOU MISS ALESSANDRA!

i dont miss)

i said the Angels(Doutzen,Ale,Miranda etc)

I could see rosie, emmanuela, candice becoming an angel, even chanel iman and behati. i really don't see lindsay becoming an angel. i think they need a dark skin model to be an angel there is no dark angel, so yeah i think emanuela would be a good dark angel, and chanel is pretty, so yeah i could see her becoming an angel in 2 more years.

I love Rosie,her face just incredible.Stunning face.But i dont like her body(especially neck and shoulders(

I would like to see

the Angels

Emanuela

Maryna L

Arlenis

Irina Sheik

Candice

Ksenia Kahnovich

Catherine McNeil

Emily D(Pink)

Oluchi

Izabel G

Bar

Rianne

Natasha P

Edita

Jeisa

Isabeli

Ana BB

don't want to see

Jessica W

Erin W

Erin E

Caroline W

Heidi(go home)

Lara Stone

Angela

Chanel Iman

Rosie

Lindsay(too skinny)

I couldn't be more agree ... except about The Angels (Miranda & Doutzen) but that's ok :D

TAO OKAMOTO is another asian that i would love for VS to give a shot...her and DU Juan...

it's true, TAO doesnt have "curves" like adri and marisa. but neither did hana S. or micheala K. and alot of people seem to love those two.

i dont care how annoying this got....DARIA WERBOWY!!! GEMMA WARD!!!! NATALIA VODIANOVA!!!!! please VS!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

do YOURSELF the favor!!!!!!

Viviane Orth is someone i'd love to see try out for VS as well. she has long legs, she CAN WALK, she has presance on the runway, imo.

she'd be great...

as far as makeup and hair...

i want to see hair from '05. long, with volume. Inguna, natasha, doutzen, caroline T, and kk all looked freakn hot with that hairstyle :drool:

as far as the makeup. i liked 06. smokey eyes with lip gloss. so long hair with somkey eyes and lip gloss. i guess have them look like a versace show.

arlenis needs better hair for damn sure <_< , get doutzen and candice back to their long DARK blonde look.. :drool:

Finally GREAT news :woot: :
Heidi wont walk at this years VSFS, just saw her saying it on German TV at her Halloween party yesterday.

NadineAndTheCity/TFS

Great News? ... You made my day!

Im so happy now hahahahahaha ... Thanks God! It was about time to let the other girls shine a little bit!

I happen to not care who walks or who doesn't walk. I think that the diversity in all the women is essential. (The whole 'Oh she looks like Adriana Lima' chain annoys me.) I am pretty sure there are factors of popularity such as Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra, etc. Yet! Heidi is not walking (although she is hosting. ;D) -- and I think Candice has a pretty good shot. Not everyone has to be 'all up in yo face.'

Overall, what I think is any woman who walks, I will enjoy. They're all beautiful and I love what different kind of energy they bring! Who cares about how they look (and in some instances 'act') let's just enjoy this 2009 SHOW!

One thing I want though: ISABELI FONTANA!!!! OMG, I WOULD JUST...UGGGHH. We need her! LOL.

Ready for other news? (wich are ruining everuthing :()
I got more news, saw another interview with Heidi on German TV, she said she will host the VSFS this year, she will be on the runway hosting, but she will wear a little bit more clothes than all the other models (Thats what she said).

NadineAndTheCity/TFS

WTF?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding me :ninja: :blink:

My guess is that Adriana and Heidi both filmed all the hosting and backstage duties months ago (kind of like Heidi did in 2006) and probably separately, and said if you or you give birth and can walk, by all means do it. If you can't you can do some misc stuff or we'll use the hosting footage. Because I don't see them spending time filming something right now, when Adriana would be her biggest (if she hasn't given birth) or Heidi right now with all the last minute things being planned. But I do expect if they host, they'll at least be in the audience this year. It's actually part of their contract to participate so whatever both of them do, I'm sure it will be substantial.

Basically she will host the show like she did in 2002 but in clothing not lingerie. Seems cool wonder how it will turn out.

Well if she's doin' something like that ... I have no problem, it wasn't that bad ...

But please not like in 2006, it was horrible! >.<

& agaiin ... Adriana has to be there, not b/c her fans want her to be there or b/c they want a pregnant woman this year havin' fun on the runway ... B/c it's part of her contract, it doesn't matter if you don't want to see her or if she doesn't want to go ... It's in the damn contract, & Monica Mitro herself said that ... She's goin' to be there ... Maybe in a little 2sec segment but she is goin' to be there

But i don't see her co-hostin', i think she's goin' to be @ backstage w/the girls ... In any way she's goin' to be pregnant the day of the show! That thing about givin' birth in december it's like impossible to me, unless her pregnancy is goin' to be 10-11 months instead of 9 :ninja:

I like the idea of Heidi hosting. I mean come on do you prefer they make it some celeb hosting like they did back in 2001 and 2002. Why make some celeb take time away from the angels when you can give it to Heidi. I have a feeling that Adriana might participate in the model search or something. But i mean she's heavily pregnant so im thinking like lost sould said that she pre taped something. We will see. Maybe she will be just in attendance or something

Monica Mitro's office has confirmed at least 3 times Adriana's participation in the fashion show, along with someone who works backstage, as well as someone who works for CBS and VS as well, that have all been contacted. Whether it's hosting or not, it's not a prediction like it was last year, it was a prediction last year due to everything she did...and if you want to really get technical it kind of was, she opened the show, and closed the first segment, wore the fantasy bra, and had the biggest opening in the credits...In their opinion maybe that was a big deal. But last year was all predictions. This year the people have been contacted and etc, and it's been confirmed by many people so she'll host something. Also just because Heidi says on the runway and etc, she might do that, but I'm sure Adriana and Heidi have had something pre-taped, for VS to save face more than anything. I'm guessing Heidi will do something like she did in 2002 now that she isn't pregnant, where she's at the show and etc, and Adriana will do the fillers kind of like Heidi did in 06. But Miss is right, whether or not we want to see Heidi or for some Adriana there, it's in their contracts...that they HAVE to appear. In one way or another. No matter what the Angels, pregnant, or not have to attend/participate.

The way I look at the show this year has totally changed, I really don't care who has the fantasy bra, who opens the show...even if Adriana would have been there, and even though my second fav will be there (Candice) because I've just realized that the public does not give a damn who opens the show, or who the fantasy bra...they just care about hot chicks in underwear, and their favorite Hot chick. So it's really funny now, if you look at it that way.