Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

i am excited for this years show but at the same time... what the hell is this? :blink:

here we go again with the search BS!....freakn VS!!! <_<

its such a bad call. U can give that spot to a DESERVING professional model whos been dieing to walk in the show....i dont get it..it really didnt work last time , the majority of us hated it last time, why piss off ur fan base again? :blink:

anyway...toni and heloise looked great in paris, i hope they choose to audition...

i loved these songs, great beat to strut down the catwalk to...hope they mix 'em in somehow, somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co941gzKj2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aywObhoL7c0...E0D&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoaTl7IcFs8

one more thing, i think it was Giesle who said in 05 that "it's NOT REALLY A FASHION SHOW, it's more like a show."

okay, she's gone now. so, imo that meantality should be gone as well.

what the hell are they trying to put together? :blink:

as stated before, i am excited for the show, but damn, tone it down some...their back in NY, that's a start...

for one...LONG RUNWAY!!! YEAY!!!

as far as the feel of the show...its just feels like its going to be good cause its held in NY...as always, imo.

shouldnt there be some type of info out by now? hell, the show is already next month...

I think that vid and the pics go to show you that an unfortunately large amount of women who've been told by men "OMG, you're so beautiful, you should be a model" still haven't figured out that those men weren't serious, they were just trying to get laid.

LMFAO... Very true, very true.

Look they are beautiful yes but its not just beauty that cuts it in the industry. You look at all the models. Yes they are beautiful. But beauty is plain. You need something extra. Which is what all the top models have. And these girls are just boring and plain pretty. Nothing about any of them is special. Im not trying to be rude but its the truth. These girls are not VS material.

I think that vid and the pics go to show you that an unfortunately large amount of women who've been told by men "OMG, you're so beautiful, you should be a model" still haven't figured out that those men weren't serious, they were just trying to get laid.

I think it is a general automatic assumption that b/c someone is tall and beautiful (by societal standards) she should be a model :/ If that was true then the modeling industry wouldn't be so exclusive.

LMFAO... Very true, very true.

Look they are beautiful yes but its not just beauty that cuts it in the industry. You look at all the models. Yes they are beautiful. But beauty is plain. You need something extra. Which is what all the top models have. And these girls are just boring and plain pretty. Nothing about any of them is special. Im not trying to be rude but its the truth. These girls are not VS material.

I agree with you to some degree. I don't think all models are "beautiful." Yes, you can argue that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there are many models who are not considered "beautiful" to the general population. However most top models, regardless are they "beautiful" or not, have a undeniable unique aura and edge to them that makes them attractive.

I love Shenna :ninja:

I love Sheena too. She totally cracks me up!!! :rofl:I must admit I am not sure is she VS material :/ She has a great body and a fun personality, but I don't feel she has that "it" factor to her. Nonetheless, I am rooting for her b/c I know she has paid her dues trying to make it in this industry and she is a great person (she accepted Isis as an trandgender when some of the other girls were mean to her :( ) :yes: I just hope she will do something w/ her hair prior to entering the "Boot Camp." Her hair is a mess and very 90's :ermm:

I dont hate girls from ANTM my post might have sounded like that but for me now ANTM has become a bit of a joke. And after you see the girls come through there you just cant picture them as you know MAJOR models. Im not saying i dont have favourites and stuff but i dont know just something about it now that just annoys me lol. Which is why i'd prefer a complete unkown girl from their castings.

I guess there is no point in being annoyed with the casting anymore. Its happening just got to embrace it. I'm just hoping that they pick an amazing girl. Someone who really has model potential and can really make a career after VS.

I dont hate girls from ANTM my post might have sounded like that but for me now ANTM has become a bit of a joke. And after you see the girls come through there you just cant picture them as you know MAJOR models. Im not saying i dont have favourites and stuff but i dont know just something about it now that just annoys me lol. Which is why i'd prefer a complete unkown girl from their castings.

I guess there is no point in being annoyed with the casting anymore. Its happening just got to embrace it. I'm just hoping that they pick an amazing girl. Someone who really has model potential and can really make a career after VS.

I think there was a thread awhile back on tfs asking members what they thought of ANTM: real modeling competition or entertainment? Most members, including myself, felt it was more entertainment. Like you, I can't see any of the winners making it big in the modeling industry. Part of it is b/c none of them fulfilled Tyra's promise of being "America's Next Top Model." Also, some of the challenges are just ridiculous and total BS, and not very many of the contestants have the "it" factor. The biggest thing that came out of that show was Elyse. She is huge in Asia, but again not "America's Next Top Model" :/

Although the competition so far seems a bit "meh," I still have hope that VS will pick a fabulous girl in the long run :yes:

Probably a part of the cating:

52416809.th.jpg

I like the wings :) But the two middle outfits are just hideous :yuckky:

Thanks for posting :flower:

Hmmm wonder if those are apart of something or just outfits for girls to fit into. I like the wings too. And from what i can see those girls on stage are beautiful no doubt about it. Lets just wait and see i guess. I like the purple wing with the flow thing. The one the girl on the ladder is wearing.