Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

i somewhat agree...

but i take it they are working with what they got at the moment...the norm right now in fashion is thin...so all the "top models" seem to be just that...too thin..

with the exception of some of course...i wont say all...but of course...thats just my opinion...

does anyone else think elsa sylvan is a good pick? i seem to think so...

hilary rhoda would be great too...what about kinga? with lighter hair to brighten her up and not seem too harsh...

i think since heidi and adriana will not be there, they should really try to get barr raphaeli to do VS.

my reason...ratings....the biggest attractions wont be walking in the show...most likely...

so, to attract male viewers...bring in SI's hottest covergirl to the show...she's smokin hot, seems to have personality, so she cant be boring on the runway..

my only question is CAN SHE WALK? :ninja: ...if not holla at miss jay babe!

for us invested folks...i still think big names is the way to go to fill in the void heidi and adriana are leaving...DARIA!! GEMMA!!! NATALIA!!!

please!please!please! VS! work your magic and get these power houses to do the show!! or bring in the red heads and asians...

we're in the middle of July you guys...do ya'll realize they should probebly have the themes picked out by now?

OMG!

what can they be? do they suck?

does anyone here have inside connections for some info?

There hasn't been any news yet. I think they're having second thoughts, but who knows. Heidi, KK, and Adriana will be giving birth in October. I know you have to rest after giving birth. You can't just run up into the gym. Adriana said she wasn't going to walk (but that doesn't mean she won't host or something like that), and Heidi said she doesn't know if she'll make it either even though I think she's due before any of them. I don't even know if KK was going to be there because she isn't an Angel anymore.

if there is a show this year. who would you like to see in the show?

I would like to see...

Doutzen Kroes

Rosie Huntington Whiteley

Ana Beatriz Barros

Emanuela de Paula

Miranda Kerr

Arlenis Sosa Pena

new people

Julie Ordon

Esti Ginzburg

Nataniele Ribeiro

Bar Refaeli

Jarah Mariano

Tori Praver

Daniella Sarahyba

natalie suliman

IF it were to happen, I fully agree with your list of old and new except maybe not Esti. She's darling but she just seems soooo young. As far as what the others are saying about who could represent V.S. the best of the existing Angels without Adri or Heidi, I'd have to say it would be Miranda. She is great!!! Her body is proportioned just right, the emphasis isn't just on one body part and she has the walk just right. She has a great personality, too. She's really proving herself because she can do really good editorial work that doesn't just have to do with showing skin or swimsuits/lingerie. I realize that that is what V.S. does but it's starting to look like Frederick's of Hollywood in the last couple of years, which is sooooo cheap! IMHO

Yes, I guess that VS wants to keep everything in secret, so the suprise of how the show will be is bigger.

Otherwise, VS had to suffer the decrease of their super-duper-spokespersons Tyra, Gisele and now Heidi, Adriana and KK with their pregnancies within few years! ... don't know if they even want to have a show, when all of their faces will be absent. Ale would have to fill the spaces of all those big names! :blink:

But then I think, if there wouldn't be all the well-known models, the show will finally focus on fashion again. We'll see...

OMG!

not to be all dramatic or whatever but i seen this thing on youtube....i'll try to dig deeper and see if its true...

but if you already know its not true, squash it now and let me know its a rumor!!!

KARINA BOLLI IS THE NEW VS ANGEL?

if its true, where the hell do they find these girls?

she's not ugly either...

quick someone jump on the case and help me see if this is true...

VSFAN AND Ophelia both of you have valid points...

after what they put kk through...id need a lot of ass kissing done for me to come back....

and to fill those big names...it would be a great idea to focus on fashion more...very very true

but i still must insist on model selection to help as well....cindy and christy and helena or du juan and cinita or NATALIA, GEMMA AND DARIA!!!

VS PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!

We just got news from VS' PR office that Adriana will be a part of the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in some way, shape, or form. They also said that they are already prepping for her comeback after she gives birth.

Please credit Lima-Fans.com if reposted.

do we suppost to know already how the fantasy bra is going to look like, and who is going to wear it. is almost august, and pretty much by july we already know about how the fantasy bra look like and who is gonna wear it.

^^ Not normally.

There are usually rumors and speculation floating around, but the real confirmation has typically come only when the picture is released to the media or when the model would go on Leno to unveil the bra. The only reason why it was confirmed early last year was because Adriana opened her mouth and said something.

I prefer that there be a little bit of mystery surrounding it. Last year was actually anticlimactic for me because we already knew who had it, and the bra wasn't all that either.

My response from blom's quote in SAO's forum.

i just want it to be like the 2005 show ... and not like a circus ... it looks ridiclious and like a prostitude runway show..

like: take me im pointing at u!!

if the 2009 show will be a circus like that again ... i just hope doutzen takes the honour to herself and leave the vs crap

I referred to the show as a "travelling circus" in post 27 of this thread, and I agree with you.

It's good news that there is supposed to be a show this year. It reinforces the fact that VS doesn't revolve around just a couple of their angels. I hope they finally give us the "Return To Glamour" that they promised us last year but didn't happen. I wish we could take the best aspects of the previous televised shows and put it together in one.

2001 & 2002 - I really like the simple scenery/back drops. No neon signs and all of that.

2003 - My favorite segment was the Sexy Kittens that Karolina opened

2005 - My favorite opening with the Sexy Santas and diamond bra, and I also loved the Russian segment

2006 - My favorite segment was the final one that Karolina opened with the diamond bra, and I also liked Ana Beatriz's closing.

2007 - ....

2008 - The P!NK segment was clearly the best one of the entire show. In previous years, it was babydoll whore, but they definitely hit the right stride with this one.

I'd be thrilled if they used "Supernova" by Mr. Hudson and Kanye West for music.

Things I don't want to see...

- Pointing, waving, armpits

- A short runway

- The performer on the runway with the model (Okay VS, you've done this 4 years in a row, it's time to give it a rest.)

- Slow motion shots of the models

- Caroline Winberg

I don't care who opens, closes, or gets the bra as long as the show in itself is of a great quality, and it just hasn't been.

My response from blom's quote in SAO's forum.
i just want it to be like the 2005 show ... and not like a circus ... it looks ridiclious and like a prostitude runway show..

like: take me im pointing at u!!

if the 2009 show will be a circus like that again ... i just hope doutzen takes the honour to herself and leave the vs crap

I referred to the show as a "travelling circus" in post 27 of this thread, and I agree with you.

It's good news that there is supposed to be a show this year. It reinforces the fact that VS doesn't revolve around just a couple of their angels. I hope they finally give us the "Return To Glamour" that they promised us last year but didn't happen. I wish we could take the best aspects of the previous televised shows and put it together in one.

2001 & 2002 - I really like the simple scenery/back drops. No neon signs and all of that.

2003 - My favorite segment was the Sexy Kittens that Karolina opened

2005 - My favorite opening with the Sexy Santas and diamond bra, and I also loved the Russian segment

2006 - My favorite segment was the final one that Karolina opened with the diamond bra, and I also liked Ana Beatriz's closing.

2007 - ....

2008 - The P!NK segment was clearly the best one of the entire show. In previous years, it was babydoll whore, but they definitely hit the right stride with this one.

I'd be thrilled if they used "Supernova" by Mr. Hudson and Kanye West for music.

Things I don't want to see...

- Pointing, waving, armpits

- A short runway

- The performer on the runway with the model (Okay VS, you've done this 4 years in a row, it's time to give it a rest.)

- Slow motion shots of the models

- Caroline Winberg

I don't care who opens, closes, or gets the bra as long as the show in itself is of a great quality, and it just hasn't been.

Why no Caroline Winberg? I like her :blush: She was one of the few that just sticks to walking. What I'm hoping to see is the return of Raquel, Caroline Trentini, Hana S, and Natasha Poly (she'd probably have to put some weight on for the show though). Gracie Carvahlo and Hilary Rhoda would be a plus too. But I agree with you on the waving, pointing, poor editing, etc- it sucks! Hence, Im hoping Noemie wont be there <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I think a Heidi/Adriana Co host would be awesome. That could be hillarious. As for models i believe last year actually was a great line up except for a few people. I really hope seeing as how i doubt Heidi and Adriana will be in the show that they push Alessandra up. I think Ale should open and wear the fantasy bra. Especially as after Heidi and Adriana she has been there the longest. Doutzen is definately gonna get a big push this year thats for sure and same for Marissa and Miranda. I'm still pretty sure Selita will be there seeing as how she is the face of the new VS Fragrance.

So for me a great model line up would be...

Alessandra

Marissa

Miranda

Selita (Can't stand her but im sure she will be there)

Candice

Emanuela

Behati

These girls i def think will be there.

As for who else i want.

Carmen (She was awesome last year. I'm so glad she was finally back)

Angela (One of my fav's)

Izabel (So glad they put her in the show even though she wasn't contracted)

Isabeli

Raquel

Julia

Maryna

Caroline T

Oluchi (Please bring he back)

Anna BB

Rosie

Flavia

Inguna

Edita

Abbey Lee