Bellazon

Hailey Clauson
Thumbnail

sarnic

This Sports Illustrated cover model is one hot mermaid

k3wLWSO.jpg

Hailey Clauson’s must-have summer accessory? A mermaid crown.

The 21-year-old model will be channeling Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” on Saturday as the queen of Coney Island’s annual Mermaid Parade.

The Thousand Oaks, Calif., native — who’s graced the covers of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and GQ clad in the skimpiest of bikinis — will trade in her racy two-pieces for a black corset embellished with seashells, a cape and a pearly crown to assume her royal mermaid duties.

“I’m not going for a pretty look,” Clauson tells The Post. “I grew up watching ‘The Little Mermaid’ and love looking at old-school pinups of mermaids. I’m also a big punk-rock girl, and so I’m going for a grungy-chic mermaid outfit.”

The annual event will be chock-full of nautical-costumed floats, revelers wearing mermaid tails, and marching bands to celebrate the beginning of summer. The three-hour parade starts at the corner of Surf Avenue and West 21st Street and ends at Steeplechase Plaza. Clauson will be cutting the ribbon at the finish line.

“I can’t wait to see everyone’s costumes,” Clauson says. “I went last year with friends and all I can say is that it was a wild Saturday.”

Parade host Dick Zigun, founder of nonprofit arts group Coney Island USA, which runs the parade, says Clauson is more than qualified to reign over the festivities.

“The queen’s duty is to get people excited and get mainstream attention for this wacky, goofy art parade,” Zigun says. “Hailey is a very attractive woman who looks great in skimpy outfits and gets people talking about us, so I think she’s doing a great job!”

Clauson certainly knows how to get people’s attention. On Friday, she posted sexy Instagram snaps of herself in teeny bikinis for a photo shoot with Sports Illustrated.

“This is my first time seeing all the rides and celebrating with my Sports Illustrated family,” she says. “My dad told me that I have to check out the Cyclone, so I rode it four times. It’s awesome!”

Also awesome is California-girl Clauson’s enthusiasm for Coney Island. “Coney Island is like a city, beach and amusement park all in one,” she says. “I love it!”