Bellazon

2NE1
Thumbnail

2NE1 me2day updates

#05.08.2009 Dara: This is a photo taken during Inkigayo! That day I did the Miss Korea lion hair but no one knew…ㅠㅠ Shall I give a hint to our performance today^^Erm.. Each one.. Something likeable.. Erm very cool.. Enjoyable..! Aei!! It’s a secret! Dara reporter have some secrets sometimes!!!^.^ Understand?ㅋ

post-25098-0-1445977682-45645_thumb.gif

#05.08.2009 Dara: Traces of rehearsal…. We finished a dry-run rehearsal for Chocolate and are now in the dressing room! Today everyone is so passionate (on stage) and our perspiration couldn’t stop flowing!^^ Anticipation!ㅋ We worked hard and enjoyed hard for long and I’ve taken out the perspiration-soaked shirt off to dryㅋAm going to wear back the top…ㅋ

#05.08.2009 MinJi: Goddess Bbom unnie who is memorising the lyricsㅋ

3790438957be35b359db.jpg

#05.08.2009 MinJi: Drinking bean tea from a straw~~ㅋ

3791243408fa08d0c907.jpg

Source

2NE1 To Perform Big Bang's "Last Farewell"

post-25098-0-1445977683-4284_thumb.png

2NE1 is really going to attempt Big Bang. 2NE1, who is called female Big Bang, will really attempt Big Bang at SBS 'Inkigayo' on August 9th. The hurricane rookies who shook up the music industry in 2009 will present 'Last Farewell,' 2007's greatest hit song as well as Big Bang's representative song.

2NE1 will re-enact Big Bang's performance with their own character; being a 'girl group,' it is anticipated that they will have a more fresh dance routine and a more stylish performance and are gathering a lot of anticipation and interest.

On that day, 'Inkigayo' is preparing a Girl Group Special, as Korea's representative "girl groups" such as Girls Generation, 2NE1, and Brown Eyed Girls will present special performances. In addition, there will a special performance by a project girl group made up of males, called Special VTR 'Girls' Talk' (A parody of 'Global Beauties').

SHINee's Key and TaeMin, 2PM's TaecYeon and WooYoung, and another secret member will come together in a project group and perform Girls Generation's 'Tell Me Your Wish.' Also, rock band F.T Island and Kara, who will transfrom into rocker girls, will meet and sing rock versions of songs, and SHINee will present a sweet proposal performance.

Brown Eyed Girls and 4minute will present a cross-dance performance, and Girls Generation will present their last 'Tell Me Your Wish' performance.

Source

2NE1 me2day updates

3798034206ae3ccf5a65.jpg

#07.08.2009 CL: In definite view

post-25098-0-1445977684-37976_thumb.png

#07.08.2009 Dara: My boyfriend HaRangee~!^.^ Good looking right?! In between.. SorryㅋI said I wanted to take the photo with him alone!..ㅋWe look good together girl? The meeting between Dara noona and tough younger boy..gyaa.. Say it’s you!ㅋㅋ

post-25098-0-1445977684-40722_thumb.gif

#07.08.2009 CL: Looking S DRAGON oppa’s charms: Bbang bbang (big explosive?) belly

37972970367733ffd3c1.jpg

#07.08.2009 Dara: Euahhhhhhhhngㅜㅠ Bbommie always bother me!ㅠㅠ She keep saying I’m cute and bothers meㅠㅠ Call me by San-to-ggi (San Rabbit)ㅠㅠ Aigoo… Saying “Neu jjonm gieulp saenggidda! (’You look so cute’ in bad pronouciation).. Understand the Bbommie accent?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Source

Kim Hyun-joong has his eyes on CL

post-25098-0-1445977684-71751_thumb.jpg

On the August 7th episode of MBC’s “Section TV”, Kim Hyun-joong confessed that he’s been closely watching 2NE1’s CL. During his interview on “Section TV”, Kim Hyun-joong was asked by the reporter, “among all the girl groups out there, is there any one member you’ve had your eyes set on?”. Kim Hyung Joong didn’t hesitate from replying that it was CL he’s been watching and leaving her a short video message stating,

CL of 2NE1. I have yet to CL in person…Although i’m a few years your senior, I hope you will carry out a great career as a singer. Thank you for being a junior that provokes me (to do better).

Source

2ne1’s Interview, Part 1 (10asia)

Online magazine 10asia published an interview with 2ne1 on August 5. Read on for the translated first half of the interview. The second half will be posted within the week.

post-25098-0-1445977691-06613_thumb.gif

10asia (10): As soon as “I Don’t Care” was released, the response was very favourable.

CL: Our practice time is getting longer [nowadays]. We’re focusing on practice because we figured expectations be raised after “I Don’t Care”.

10: It is known that even during your activities [following a release], there’s a lot of rehearsal time and not many stage schedules. Don’t you want to do more [public] activities?

CL: We’re still lacking in practice time. Because we spent several years only in a practice room, it feels odd if we don’t practice.

10: Does the company (YG Entertainment) make you practice that much? (Laughs.)

CL: We feel the need to. There are times when we forget everything that we practiced and just play on stage, [but] then mess up the choreography.

10: The stage must be enjoyable for you.

CL: It’s fun. Because you lose your mind a little when the music comes on.

All: Hahahahahaha.

Dara: It’s most nerve-wracking right before going up on stage.

Minzy: I don’t have a lot of stage experience yet so it’s amazing.

10: What advice do the unnis (older girls) give Minzy.

CL: We’re not in the position to give advice either. (Laughs.)

Minzy: They say let’s work hard together.

10: Minzy begins the first part of “I Don’t Care”. You must have felt a sense of responsibility about the opening.

Minzy: There was a bit of that. Because if the first button is threaded well, everything [else] falls into place (Korean idiom).

10: You just used a teen girl’s voice rather than a unique way of singing [in that song]. What was the reason for that direction?

Minzy: I just let out the voice that I have. Since my actual voice is young.

10: How do you understand the lyrics to “I Don’t Care”?

Minzy: It is extremely difficult. I try to get pull it out by imagining what I can. Watching dramas with my mom when I was young helped too.

CL: It’s a song that can be a warning message from girls to guys; it’s also a song that can be advice from girls to girls. That’s why we tried to communicate the lyrics as precisely as possible. As we were sincerely delivering a message.

Bom: Teddy oppa (the song’s lyricst and composer) said he’d like it if our voice tones were sharp so we put in effort to do so.

post-25098-0-1445977691-08018_thumb.gif

10: What do you think about while singing?

CL : To be honest I haven’t had any unique experiences, so on stage I just express the feelings that I felt while watching a movie or listening to music. When you spend several years in a practice room, other experiences decrease, so I usually get the lyrics or feelings by listening to the music.

Bom: In “In the Club”, I liked the part that Dara sang so much that I asked [her] what she was thinking about and she said that she was just acting. That answer came and connected with my heart.

10: Does your acting experience in the Philippines help when you sing, Sandara?

Dara: I consider myself to be acting when recording, filming a music video, or on the stage. [but] I’ve heard some talk that it’s slightly excessive, so I’m trying to control myself.

10: Your fans in the Philippines seem extremely proud.

Dara: And they monitor in real-time. I’m grateful that they send me presents too. Since I have so many friends and memories there, I feel like it’s my native home.

10: You entered YG after experiencing enormous popularity in the Philippines. Wasn’t your decision difficult?

Dara: My original dream was to be a singer, and I wanted to do proper music so it wasn’t a big worry. Although I’m aging (laughs), I think I was patient because it was for something that I wanted to do. There were times when I felt in a slump or lonely but I never thought of giving up.

10: Maybe it was because of your image during activities in the Philippines but it was surprising to see you digest the hip-hop ambiance.

Dara: I liked Jinusean sunbaes’ or 1TYM sunbaes’ songs a lot from a long time ago, but I never thought that I could do it. I wanted to enter YG because I liked its family-like atmosphere, but I saw when I came in that everybody listened to hip-hop music all the time. Seeing that, I got more and more into hip-hop, and wanted to wear hats or large men’s clothes such as baggy pants.

10: I heard that at YG, sunbaes (seniors) directly give lessons. Sunbaes like Se7en and Danny [join in to] help during practice; everyone gives us so much help.

CL: It’s not that there’s a separate lesson time that’s set, they just come find us and do it.

post-25098-0-1445977691-09751_thumb.gif

10: Which song do each of you like from the album?

Dara: “Pretty Boy”. It’s the song that can express my voice the prettiest. I like the lyrics too. This is also a story about a strong girl, and it distinctly shows each member’s individuality.

CL: I like “Let’s Go Party”. When that song first came out, I recorded the demo in English, solo. I’ve had a strange feeling [about it] since then. It’s an exciting yet sad song.

10: If one listens to the album, there’s a mix of song genres. Even just in “I Don’t Care” there’s a mix of reggae and hip-hop; how was it to absorb the song.

CL : I think that we’re doing hip-hop at the core. But just like you can see in the fashion these days, just because you do hip-hop doesn’t mean you wear baggy pants and a big t-shirt. I think hip-hop changes with the generation. Because currently in the States, Kanye West doesn’t wear big pants nor do old school hip-hop.

10: I heard that Bom liked Mariah Carey.

Bom: I really liked Mariah Carey and Beyonce. I like music with a beat too. And I want to rap. But I can’t actually rap well. That’s why it’s such good fortunate that I met Chae Lin (CL).

10: You must have felt like the group was complete when you met CL.

Bom: Before debuting as 2ne1, we did a rap feature for each other for fun and [she] was really impressive. Although there was a big age gap, I did think that we were well-suited to each other.

10: How did you get into music, CL? I heard that you got into YG by giving CEO Yang Hyun Suk a video clip with you rapping on it.

CL : Because my father listened to music a lot, I naturally listened to music a lot since I was young. Although my father liked diverse music, I only listened to hip-hop. As I entered YG, I realized that that wasn’t necessarily all. I broadened my mind while listening together to the music that sunbaes listen to, and [now] listen to a lot of diverse music. Nowadays I’ve come to listening to music by muscians such as MIA. I constantly listened to a lot of music before the debut. I’d sing at home with earphones in and then want to dance, so I learned a variety of dance too.

10: What kinds of dance?

CL: Ballet and jazz dance. Hip-hop wasn’t something I [took lessons for]; I just approached dancers and got to know them while translating when they [worked] with foreign dancers.

Source

2NE1 Cameo In SBS Style

All four members of 2NE1 will be appearing as cameos on the SBS drama, Style.

2NE1 will be appearing as VIP guests for the 200th edition party for the Style Magazine. They will attend the filming on August 10th.

A representative of 2NE1 said, "We received a call from 'Style' asking us to cameo for the drama, and so we agreed happily. Kim Hye Soo and Ryu Si Won are big 2NE1 fans."

For three out of four members, this will be their first time appearing in a drama. Dara (Sandara) appeared on "Return of Iljimae" and also acted alongside T.O.P in Gummy's "I'm Sorry" music video. The representative added, "It is the first time that all the members will be appearing in a drama, so all of them are very nervous and excited. However, they are anticipating the filming because the acting will be very natural, not burdensome."

Source

2ne1’s Interview, Part 2 (10asia)

10asia (10): How did you learn to dance, Minzy? Even before your debut, your video was a subject of conversation.

Minzy: I really enjoyed dancing when I was young. I used to watch and copy the dance to YG Family’s “Fly Gentleman” music video. I learned more and more about hip-hop that way. In elementary school, I even attended a dance academy. I learned hip-hop dance first.

10: It’s beyond the level of being possible simply from learning it.

Minzy: I kept practicing how to freestyle dance. I practiced freestyle constantly for two years. When I went into the practice room, I’d just turn on the music and dance. When I dance like that, I don’t even know how I’m doing it.

Bom: She can make new moves when listening to music to the point that I’m awed. I’m surprised everytime I see it.

10: Did you directly make the chest-popping move in “Fire”?

Minzy: It came out as an ad lib while filming the music video and it was included.

10: Music videos must reflect your personal opinions a lot.

CL: Director Seo Hyun Seung has worked on our videos since “Fire” so we have a very good mutual understanding.

10: G-Dragon appears in the music video too.

CL: He appeared for just a moment when he came to visit, but that was included.

Minzy: And the director used it. (Laughs.)

10: You met like that to film the music video, and the debut was decided. How did you feel when you went up on stage for the first time?

CL: It was really chaotic because President [Yang], Teddy sunbae, G-Dragon and Daesung sunbaes came that day, but I felt really secure. We said, “Let’s play!” like usual and went up.

10: Is there a specific moment following your debut when you thought, “We’ve really become 2ne1″?

Bom: I get that feeling a lot when watching 2ne1 TV.

CL: It seems pretty natural because we’ve been together for years, although we just recently became a group.

10: But I think it must still be different as a group compared to when you were trainees. You live together too.

Bom: Maybe it’s because we each came from living abroad, but we get our own privacy and don’t intrude on each other. Everyone has courtesy. Rather, we feel each other’s strengths a lot. CL is really cute and has a heart of respect for others.

CL: It still feels like we’ve just gone to visit. Since we spend so much time out, we just wash up and sleep when we go in. We eat, then chat while lying in our beds. I’d like it if we could continue to get along as well as we do now.

10: Minzy is the youngest and hasn’t been able to participate in [overnight] school trips much, so I would think that residence life feels very peculiar.

Minzy: I haven’t been able to go on overnight retreats since sixth grade. It feels like I’m on a study excursion.

10: The general style [of 2ne1]seems boyish, but Bom’s [style] is feminine.

Bom: To be honest, I was worried about that part but I like short skirts so it’s okay. It is difficult to dance but I just imagine myself to look pretty when dancing in those clothes.

10: Discussion about your styling comes up on 2ne1 TV. There’s a lot of interest regarding that area.

CL: It’s such good fortune that the people who are styling us right now are G-Dragon sunbae’s friends. They’re so good at appealing to senses that they can express the style that we want well for us. I’m happy that I got help on how a girl can wear men’s styles prettily like I’ve wanted to do from before but didn’t know how. On occasion I create and wear small men’s clothes.

10: Your stage costumes and productions give off a very strong vibe, but what are your actual personalities like?

CL: We’re often told that we’re like young boys when we fool around. But we’re…. girls….. (laughs).

10: You seem surprisingly innocent. Are you not worried about being misunderstood?

Dara: I like how another identity enters when I’m on stage to make me seem like a different person. I think the more different you seem from your actual self, the more attractive you appear.

10: Do you yearn for an ordinary everyday life?

CL: I don’t feel a significant interest towards such things.

10: What’s most fun?

Bom: Chatting. Talking about food. Talking about music, in particular.

CL: Singing and thinking about music is the most fun. And studying colouring!

10: Study colouring?

CL: By buying a colouring study book. Outlining in marker. And then I colour in the inside with pencil crayons.

Bom: I think we’re becoming more and more like each other as we live together. And adopting each other’s strange characteristics too.

10: Bom, you seem to have a bashful personality.

Bom: I’m bashful when it comes to compliments.

10: Is the company (YG) stingy with compliments?

CL: President [Yang Hyun Suk] isn’t the type to express [compliments] much. He does say that we’re doing well when do well but….. we were raised quite tough. (Laughs.)

10: Is it possible to go on stage with the concept of playing after practising so rigorously?

CL: [i'd say that] President [Yang] is gruff, not strict. And he puts in so much effort supporting us from behind. He tells us not to think about matching choreography while on stage, but just do what we want. But focus during practice in order to fix things for the future.

10: Does the president (Yang Hyun Suk) wear that jean hat when he comes to your lessons?

CL: Of course! (Laughs.)

10: When watching 2ne1 TV, there are times when you get out of control. (Laughs.)

CL: There’s a time when we filmed [a clip] ourselves and sent it in. We directly filmed ourselves playing in the car with “In the Club” on, but they said it’s not ___ to be broadcast.

Dara: Rehearsals aren’t boring because we always practice as if we’re playing.

CL: During practice or in ordinary life, Minzy is the most mature (adult-like).

10: Are the unnis’ jokes harsh?

Minzy: They’re fun. All of their personalities are outrageous and bizarre.

10: Who’s the most bizarre out of the three?

Minzy: ……. All of them are slightly…

CL: Hey, hey! (Laughs.)

10: There’s word that CL is senseless with gadgets (appliances).

CL: It’s not true. I know how!

Minzy: She says that she knows how but….

Bom: Surprisingly, she’s been good at using her laptop to record and work.

Dara: But with internet and that stuff…

Minzy: She just doesn’t know unfamiliar keys that well, but she’s good. (Laughs.)

CL: The hardest thing is to change the [computer] background picture. I can’t figure that out.

Dara: Once she puts up a background, she struggles because she doesn’t know how to change it.

CL: Ah, [Dara] unni made [the background] a picture of her once so it was difficult.

10: Isn’t Sandara the type to keep showing people photos of herself?

Dara: Aht!

Minzy: So far as to steal our handphones while we’re eating and switch the [display] picture to one of herself.

Dara: They get surprised when they see it later.

10: Stories about a stuffed rabbit came up on 2ne1 TV. And CL likes the Sponge Bob doll.

CL: We haven’t been together [with the stuffed animals] because they’re being laundered after getting drinks spilled on them. (Laughs.) I received it as a gift recently but I’ve been taking it around because I like it a lot. Like a spirit friend. Dara unni always takes care to bring her stuffed rabbit [doll]; Bom unni, her health foods. Minzy’s nickname is Stitch from Lilo & Stitch. She always sleeps with that doll by her head.

10: After talk about western roe deer’s navel came up on 2ne1 TV, I was wondering what kind of health foods would be worth recommending to Bom.

Bom: Ah, I talked about health foods too much…. truthfully, I do take care to eat them well. My parents ordered deer umbilici for me. I think it’s good for the body. (Laughs.) I like stuff like red ginseng and wild ginseng. I recommend and even feed them to others.

Dara: It’s really bitter. It’s tortuous to eat it, but Bom eats it well while smiling.

10: Your living quarters are really nice. Don’t you feel burdened by the company’s big expectations?

CL: I saw Big Bang sunbaes’ first residence once. It was really inferior, so compared to that I’m thankful. It’s so spacious that I’m trying to figure out how to fill up [the space].

Minzy: It’s fun. It really feels like I’ve come to a hotel.

Dara: It’s a positive burden, and I think we’ve subconsciously been increasing our rehearsal time.

10: Although you’re trying to form the group’s colour (atmosphere, style) at this point in time, I suppose that you each have an independent dream of what you’d like to show in the far future.

CL: We want to be a group that evolves every time. We want to constantly show a new image and absorb diverse songs to match our colour and express them differently each time. If our colour is decided upon, I think it’ll get boring. For now, I want to keep doing new things as 2ne1.

10: Minzy, you have dance etched into you. How do you see yourself in 10 years?

Minzy: I think that it’d be nice if I could learn how to be a singer who continues to be able to play well on stage. Singing, rap, everything. I’m also studying to write lyrics and compose; I want to work as a composer too. And show more performances.

10: Sandara seems like she’s ambitious to act?

Dara: That’s why I attempted to act in the “I Don’t Care” music video like a traditional drama. (Laughs.) I’d like to challenge myself with a drama later on, not now.

10: Are you considering acting, Bom?

Bom: If the opportunity comes up. If not now, in later days. If we were to do solo activities, shouldn’t I do a solo album first? Although I don’t know when that will be.

10: Last question. What three things would you take to a deserted island?

CL: I’ll have to think about it a little…. an airplane!

Dara: What’s that. Ah… I guess internet wouldn’t work there.

Minzy: A cellphone won’t work either….

Dara: A laptop. A tube . And one friend. Then there would music, and it wouldn’t be boring.

Bom: An iPod and a phone? And health foods. (Laughs.)

Minzy: An iPod…. I’m going to take seeds to grow fruit there and survive. And a knife!

CL: I’m just not going to take anything. Just my body needs to go there. It’s all useless if the airplane’s not full of fuel. (Laughs.)

Bom: You’re cool. (Laughs.) (KP’s note: Koreans use the term “cool” a little differently….)

Minzy: So cool! (Laughs.)

Source

2NE1 to perform 4 songs for follow-up promotions of their first mini-album

2ne1bangs.png

Group 2NE1 will continue with unique promotions for their followup hit for their 1st minialbum promotions.

The girls released their first minialbum beginning of July with the title song ‘I Don’t Care’, and recently the girls went on a 5-day vacation, and will be coming back to promote the followup song from the album from end-August.

Normally for Kpop artiste, they will choose one song other than the title song as the followup hit to promote, but for 2NE1, they will be promoting all 4 songs ‘Pretty Boy’, ‘In The Club’, ‘Let’s Go Party’ and ‘Stay Together’ for their followup promotions.

YG Entertainment said, “After the release of 2NE1’s first minialbum, not only is the title song doing well up on music charts, other songs on the album were also very well-received, that is why we decided that we will not go with just 1 song for their followup promotions.”

With that, the group will perform all 5 songs from the first minialbum. From debut, 2NE1 has been adopting special promotions tactics – with their 1 performance 1 week tactic and also debuting through a CF song ‘Lollipop’.

Source