Bellazon

So Cal Val
Thumbnail

blessthefall

post-26299-1239741216_thumb.jpgValerie Wyndham was approached by a promoter at a wrestling show and offered the possibility of being a manager.[2] She debuted in March 2002 for the Golden State Championship Wrestling independent promotion in Anaheim, California.[1] She acted as the manager of Pinoy Boy. She promptly betrayed him by berating him after he was defeated by Scott Lost and then leaving with Lost. From the age of fifteen, she acted as a manager, ring girl, and timekeeper.[1] She appeared for several other promotions in Southern California before her family moved across the country to Orlando, Florida when she was sixteen. Wyndham developed the character of SoCal Val, a wealthy, petulant, ruthless villain, who was based on Stephanie McMahon of World Wrestling Entertainment, whom Wyndham admired.[1][2]

In addition to working for multiple independent promotions, Wyndham appeared with World Wrestling Entertainment in early 2005 on SmackDown! as part of a vignette featuring Luther Reigns.[1] She regularly appears with the Orlando based promotion Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, working variously as a ring girl and merchandise model beginning in June 2005.[1] She appeared at TNA's No Surrender pay-per-view on July 17, 2005 alongside ring announcer Jeremy Borash and used to be an interviewer on the now defunct TNA Global Impact!.

As a part of Women's Extreme Wrestling (WEW), Wyndham started out as an "executive" under Francine Fournier.[1] Wyndham later wrestled Francine in a Kiss My Foot match, which Wyndham lost.[1] She later became the General Manager of WEW.[1] In 2005, Wyndham debuted with women's wrestling company RingDivas where she wrestled against fellow TNA Knockout Tracy Brooks in one of the biggest main events in the company's history. In 2007 she starred in RingDivas second feature film, Girls of War.

August 2006, SoCal Val officially signed with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). On August 18, SoCal Val got kicked out by the Women's Extreme Wrestling promotion at their PPV taping event Twisted Steel and Sex Appeal. On the December 14, 2006 episode of Impact!, Kurt Angle dragged her in the ring and threatened to break her ankle until Jim Cornette talked him into letting her go. On the March 8, 2007 episode of Impact!, SoCal Val got injured after receiving the Black Hole Slam from Abyss.

In 2008, Val entered into an on-screen relationship with Jay Lethal with signs of Sonjay Dutt also showing affection for Val. Lethal lost his X Division championship to Petey Williams after a Canadian Destroyer on the April 17 episode of Impact!. As part of the storyline, at Slammiversary, Val was scheduled to marry Lethal, but their wedding was ruined when Sonjay Dutt claimed he should marry Val and attacked Lethal. At No Surrender, she became a heel by giving Lethal a low blow, allowing Dutt to get the victory. In the following weeks, Val's actions were explained by transitioning her character into a gold digger, claiming that Dutt's father was the richest man in India. In 2009, Dutt was released thus ending the storyline

In July 2006, Valerie was contacted by Playboy about doing a spread for the magazine. She commented about it on her MySpace blog, saying: "It's a very serious thing to consider and the jury is still out on how I am going to handle this one. I've spoken to the people in my life whose opinions I value most, and each has been very supportive. For that I am grateful....but this is one I'm going to have to decide all on my own." She ended up declining the offer.[3] She has also been in advertisements for Morphoplex.[1] In 2009, Valerie appeared in a video promo for the F.E.A.R. 2 game, dressed as an Armacham FEAR AWAY nurse. [4]