Bellazon

Last.fm

Guest Lullaby

Guest Lullaby

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/

Audioscrobbler Overview

Audioscrobbler is a computer system that builds up a detailed profile of your musical taste. After installing an Audioscrobbler Plugin, your computer sends the name of every song you play to the Audioscrobbler Server. With this information, the Audioscrobbler server builds you a 'Musical Profile'. Statistics from your Musical Profile are shown on your Audioscrobbler User Page, available for everyone to view.

There are lots of people using Audioscrobbler, but you probably won't be interested in most of them. The Audioscrobbler Server calculates which people are most similar to you, based on shared musical taste, so you can take a look at what your peers are listening to.

With this information, Audioscrobbler is able to automatically generate suggestions for new songs/artists you might like. These suggestions are based on the same principles as Amazon's "People who bought this also bought X,Y,Z", but because the Audioscrobbler data is what people are actually listening to, the suggestions tend to make more sense than Amazon.

It's not just pure statistics and recommendations, there are active forums, groups, weekly charts... The system is being worked on full time, and we plan to roll out many more exciting features.

What do I have to do?

1. Register to get your own username and profile.

2. Download a plugin for your music player, and enter your login details.

3. Listen to some tunes :)

I have one and you're all more than welcome to add me. It's ~analucia.

Edited by Qball

So... I downloaded and installed the Winamp plug-in, restarted my computer... and nothing's happening. I play tracks in Winamp and there are still no 'recent tracks' on my page.

EDIT: Oh, ok... I installed the wrong version of the plug-in... my fault :p

I think it's working now. Cool! :D

Edited by Qball

The main page (http://audioscrobbler.com) will have news and things. Right now they're having server problems.

If you want to see what it's logging, you can go to your preferences (ctrl+p with winamp the selected program if you have a PC). Once the window opens, go down to Plugs-ins and select MEDIA LIBRARY.

"AudioScrobbler for Winamp" will be on a list to the right. Select that, then hit configure. It'll list the five most recent songs. If you hit view log, it'll show all you've listened to, and comments from the server.

• 4 months later...
Kubolski.gif

I know you've only listened to one song from Nick Caves latest, but i really like that album... it's a bit of an exception to most of my other music.... but then again, I think everything I listen to is an exception to the next thing.

All the metal heads bag me for listening to Glassjaw... I know that Darryl sounds like a regular emo, but for him it's not forced. He pioneered the sound... so fuck you stubborn metal heads.

Here's my page again

My Mike Patton consumption has been cut down somewhat, although he still gets a regular listen...

Sleeptime Gorilla Museums 'Natural History of...' album is really standing out for me more than it ever has, absolutely love it.

Dillinger Escape Plan's Calculating Infinity has overtaken the 'Irony is a Dead Scene' EP and 'Miss Machine' album and is now my favourite Dillinger disc.

The Locust, Deltron 3030, Fantomas and Roadrunner United all have relatively long albums, so they are probably unfairly represented on my list, although I do love them all.

R.United is an awesome album that could have been even better given some more studio time.

I think that's all I have to say... :bounce: