Bellazon

Adam Lambert
Thumbnail

kerensa

really didnt matter that he didnt win. hopefully he wont just become a "radio rocker." with his voice he should become a real rock star. although hed be great in a rock opera :nicole:

i agree with u there Matt...he has a voice that truly makes him a REAL rock star....well i cant wait until 10 July when i'll hear him in person on the Idols Live tour....should be a good show.... :wave:

I was expecting an upset, because I had a feeling that the Gokey fans were going to vote, vote, and vote for Kris. I was still disappointed, however, that Adam did not take the crown.

There is a silver lining though. Adam will not be bound by the American Idol contract and will be free to take advantage of the many opportunities that await him. Idol is the big break for him. I read in Playbill online that the producer of the soon to debut Broadway musical about Spiderman would love to have him as the lead; was interested when Adam was in "Wicked", but then Adam became an Idol contestant. He will be free to choose from amongst the many contract offers that he will receive from record companies.

We will be seeing and hearing a lot about this mesmerizing, dynamic and talented young man. Although I like Kris, I am afraid that after his "Big Bang", he will fade into obscurity like some of the other Idol winners.

I was expecting an upset, because I had a feeling that the Gokey fans were going to vote, vote, and vote for Kris. I was still disappointed, however, that Adam did not take the crown.

There is a silver lining though. Adam will not be bound by the American Idol contract and will be free to take advantage of the many opportunities that await him. Idol is the big break for him. I read in Playbill online that the producer of the soon to debut Broadway musical about Spiderman would love to have him as the lead; was interested when Adam was in "Wicked", but then Adam became an Idol contestant. He will be free to choose from amongst the many contract offers that he will receive from record companies.

We will be seeing and hearing a lot about this mesmerizing, dynamic and talented young man. Although I like Kris, I am afraid that after his "Big B liang", he will fade into obscurity like some of the other Idol winners.

i totally agree with u in a lot that u said, Maui....regarding that Adam will not be bound by an AI contract, so he'll def have more freedom to do this and that....and mostly, Kris will prob fade away slowly but surely as some of the other Idol winners have...heck, some of them haven't even become big even after winning the Idol title....so it really doesn't matter if a person has won the AI title or not....look at Chris Daughtry...he's more successful than Rubin, Fantasia, Jordan, and Taylor combined lol and he came in like 3rd place....so, I've a feeling Adam will be added to that list of non-Idol winners who'll be more successful than the winners themselves!! :wave:

Though, i must admit, i do like Kris's "Falling Slowly" performance....maybe it's cuz i've loved the song prior to him singing it on Idol as it's from one of my favourite films, Once. :blush:

"For me it's not really about what happened tonight, it's about tomorrow" (quote from the REAL American Idol).

Never have truer words been spoken.

I must say I'm not actually as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I guess it's because we all know that Adam has the potential to become a worldwide star. I agree with the comments here that Kris will fade into the background...he really doesn't have any star quality or "The X Factor" as us Brits like to say.

"For me it's not really about what happened tonight, it's about tomorrow" (quote from the REAL American Idol).

Never have truer words been spoken.

I must say I'm not actually as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I guess it's because we all know that Adam has the potential to become a worldwide star. I agree with the comments here that Kris will fade into the background...he really doesn't have any star quality or "The X Factor" as us Brits like to say.

Excellent quote, Kerensa....i actually had put all of Adam's songs on one CD and all i can say is WOW this is one of the best that i've heard in a long time...if this is good, then i can only imagine what his first CD will be like and it'll be phenomenal!! :heart:

So glad that iTunes put on "No Boundaries", the song written for the winner, and in my opinion, that is just what Adam is, a true winner.....also on iTunes, they have a song from "The Ten Commandments: The Musical" called, "Is Anybody Listening?" in which Adam sings to perfection as always....beautiful song... :wave:

post-16544-0-1445991496-69871_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I FINALLY went to the American Idol Tour 2009 concert last night...Adam was fab as always!! He looked incredible!! :blush:

Through out the whole evening, fans were shouting "Adam, Adam", even when Kris Allen took the stage :ninja:

All the vids i'm gonna post were recorded by me and so sorry that they came out crappy...i was dancing away lol

"Starlight"

grea vids coop! you were really close! did u have a standing ticket?

oh no, everybody had a seat....there were the floor seats, which were sold out prior to when tics went on sale...they had a pre-sale for those...then there are the lower level, which i had....i was on the side, row C, so really close to the floor....then there are upper level seats, which are the balcony ones and upper, upper (the nosebleed seats lol)...but my camera had a really good 12X zoom, so i was able to see a lot of blemishes lol....but this old dude in front of me, he was really tall so his head kept on getting in the way lol....i think it was either the Mad World one or Starlight where i zoomed out to the crowd and it kinda showed how far i was sitting from the stage :wave:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...