Bellazon

Pivovarova, Poly, Fontana, Ward, Kuik, Stam, Werbowy, Rocha, Zimmerman

Joe > Average

Pivovarova, Kuik, Stam, Fontana, Ward, Werbowy, Rocha, Zimmerman, Poly  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Best Overall? (closest to an ideal model to you)

• Sasha Pivovarova
    • Gemma Ward
    • Tiiu Kuik
    • Isabeli Fontana
    • Jessica Stam
    • Daria Werbowy
    • Coco Rocha
    • Natasha Poly
    • Raquel Zimmerman
  2. 2. Best editorial model?

• Natasha Poly
    • Gemma Ward
    • Sasha Pivovarova
    • Tiiu Kuik
    • Jessica Stam
    • Isabeli Fontana
    • Daria Werbowy
    • Coco Rocha
    • Raquel Zimmerman
  3. 3. Best runway model?

• Natasha Poly
    • Gemma Ward
    • Sasha Pivovarova
    • Tiiu Kuik
    • Jessica Stam
    • Isabeli Fontana
    • Daria Werbowy
    • Coco Rocha
    • Raquel Zimmerman

Premise

Who do you think is the best model out of these? Meaning, who do you think is the most professional and respectable to you as a model. This can mean versatility, or how well they do what they are best at or how well they perform in the different major areas of modeling.

1. It DOES NOT have to be industry consensus or anything. I'm not asking you who do you think the designers and photographers like the most ect. but who impresses YOU the most as a model :) .

2. Its not about who is the hottest right now, but either their body of work or career at their height (or else your vote would be irrelevant if your favorite stopped working :nicole: )

3. Overall doesn't mean combining the two areas mentioned (I could only have 3 questions), but "overall" means who is the closest to an ideal model to you :flower: .

Joe, this poll is very difficult :pinch:

Isabeli is for so long in this business, she's still working for the best after giving birth to 2 kids. Wow! She can do VS without loosing her hf appeal, and vice versa. She is very beautiful, but still, she has these features that don't make her disappear in the crowd.

Gemma started the whole baby face trend. I think I prefer her on the runways (that's why I miss her doing fashion weeks), but still, she has worked with practically every photographer, and her covers list is pretty impressive-including 4 most important Vogue covers (UK, US, Paris, Italia).

Raquel's presence and elegance is :wub: I think she's in the game for the similar amount of time as Fontana. And, not to forget, she's #1 models.com's model

As for editorials....I said it once, and can say it again-Sasha Pivovarova is the editorial queen, and Coco Rocha is the editorial princess. Sasha turns every editorial, even the ones that with other models would be boring, to something magical :wub: Idk how she does it, but she's great! :D

As for runways.... Natasha Poly is the runway queen. Seriously, she's not a newbie, but for several seasons, she's in top 10 models walking the biggest number of shows, and she still opens many of them, every season.

I really like Tiiu, I think she looks very elegant on the runway, and she has interesting editorials, but she doesn't get the biggest names nowadays :/ &that's a shame. Bianca, well, I don't think she's THAT good, sorry Bianca fans.... Oh and Stam :cain: I dislike her walk. She has some interesting eds, but most of her editorial work doesn't impress me.

So I vote:

overall: Gemma

runway: Natasha

editorial: Sasha

Edited by Layla90

Wow, nice answer :laugh: . I can see not being big into Stam, but I like all the strange things she can pull off with only subtle changes of her facial expression. Yeah, Sasha and Coco came to my mind first for editorial too...but I don't know :pinch: ...and ...And Isabeli and Poly for runway... :pinch: ...Coco's just too cool :wub: and Sasha's had me since "The Birds" was the first ed I saw her in and I've been hooked ever since :wub: . She brings such drama and presense to each shot, I don't know how she does it either :laugh: . Still undecided about overall...maybe Isabeli, Raquel...hmmm...

isabeli x 3 ---> i don't need to say here what anna witour said about her right? :wub:

we already know isabeli's reputation in fashion :blush:

then i'd say:

sasha: i just met her today at Missoni and i am still impressed by her :fun: very good in editorial, not good at all on the runway

natasha: good in everything! but i am bored of her skinny bones around

gemma ward: where i am? i am still a model? i am on the moon now ---> why is she in the list? she is not successful at the moment, you could chose others :whistle:

jessica: her look makes me love her, adorable in everything, but kind of disappeard :idk:

tiiu: mmmmmmmm she had her days, now another :idk:

coco: nice personality, i consider her as stammy

raquel: the other one that is worth of this list in total because her and isabeli are the proof of longevity (she didn't hve 2 kids, that's why she is my number 2 in the list, only after isabeli that had a more difficult street to walk but never faded)

thanks joe for this nice babe poll :wave: :kiss:

Gemma

Gemma

Natasha

I dislike Natasha immensely, however I will admit that she is a presence on the runway. Not necessarily my personal favorite, but among this list she is probably the best in my opinion.

post-17905-0-1446057683-0206_thumb.jpg

They look very similiar to me.. actually Isabeli's face looks quite a bit more sunken, more gaunt. I like the woman, but she needs to keep some weight on her.

As for the other models who seem to have quote on quote disapeared, it's called taking a personal hiatus. Gemma went through something personal and her wanting to take some time off is not unheard of, it's actually somewhat admirable. Looking back on her body of work you have to take a step back and stare. She nails advertisements and editorials, and while she's not that strong on the runway the rest of her work does not leave you disappointed.

I think my biggest issue with Isabeli is that she never seems to take time off. Francy you yourself pointed out she has 2 children.. well if she's always working how can she possibly devote the time and attention they deserve, especially at that young of an age. Also, she seems to be working herself entirely to hard, it's time to sit back, take a deep breath and eat a cookie or five, she needs to put more weight on. She's turning into one of the thinspiration set, and well... my opinion is exceptionally low when it comes to those girls as I've seen what they do to young impressionable teenage girls.

gemma ward: where i am? i am still a model? i am on the moon now ---> why is she in the list? she is not successful at the moment, you could chose others :whistle:

I meant for you to go by what she did when she was :persuazn: ! Like comparing Liz Taylor to a current actress...obviously comparing her from the height of her carer, not what she's doing right now :trout: .

:hug:

thanks joe for this nice babe poll :wave: :kiss:

Zimmerman & Fontana are in this list the only two who get the closest to the 90's supermodels standard that i love, the other girls just don't stand the comparison looks wise, they can be good in editorials dressed up like christmas trees & with much makeup on, but live that's another story

I voted:

Isabeli

Raquel

Isabeli

isabeli x 3 ---> i don't need to say here what anna witour said about her right? :wub:

I don't know, so say :whistle:

:persuazn: Gemma's a smart girl, she achieved a lot in fashion, but she also knows she won't be a model forever, that's why she's trying acting. She takes it professional, she's not on the screen just to show herself, but to act :cain: and remember, Gemma's had more Vogue covers than Isabeli, including UK Vogue, which Fontana never scored :whistle:

Gemma

Gemma

Natasha

I dislike Natasha immensely, however I will admit that she is a presence on the runway. Not necessarily my personal favorite, but among this list she is probably the best in my opinion.

post-17367-0-1446057684-96176_thumb.jpg

They look very similiar to me.. actually Isabeli's face looks quite a bit more sunken, more gaunt. I like the woman, but she needs to keep some weight on her.

As for the other models who seem to have quote on quote disapeared, it's called taking a personal hiatus. Gemma went through something personal and her wanting to take some time off is not unheard of, it's actually somewhat admirable. Looking back on her body of work you have to take a step back and stare. She nails advertisements and editorials, and while she's not that strong on the runway the rest of her work does not leave you disappointed.

I think my biggest issue with Isabeli is that she never seems to take time off. Francy you yourself pointed out she has 2 children.. well if she's always working how can she possibly devote the time and attention they deserve, especially at that young of an age. Also, she seems to be working herself entirely to hard, it's time to sit back, take a deep breath and eat a cookie or five, she needs to put more weight on. She's turning into one of the thinspiration set, and well... my opinion is exceptionally low when it comes to those girls as I've seen what they do to young impressionable teenage girls.

:blink: natasha and isabeli similar? totally not the same, 2 of the most different models.

and then you should take some information before talking, because isabeli stopped 2 times for her children, she took years away from fashion for them, and what i said is: she was able to re-enter in fashion even if it's difficult.

natasha and raquel never went out, so you probably have a lot of confusion about the models that have to take some rest :wave:

also, we are not in the '800, so models like angela, isabeli and sasha have children and work = happiness in total

:persuazn: Gemma's a smart girl, she achieved a lot in fashion, but she also knows she won't be a model forever, that's why she's trying acting. She takes it professional, she's not on the screen just to show herself, but to act :cain: and remember, Gemma's had more Vogue covers than Isabeli, including UK Vogue, which Fontana never scored :whistle:

they were many beautiful things on isabeli as the most beautiful model of the world :)

and since when uk vogue is important? layla darling, take a look at vogue may Usa of 2009 when it'll arrive :hug:

joking :hug:

Zimmerman & Fontana are in this list the only two who get the closest to the 90's supermodels standard that i love, the other girls just don't stand the comparison looks wise, they can be good in editorials dressed up like christmas trees & with much makeup on, but live that's another story

I voted:

Isabeli

Raquel

Isabeli

:nicole: :Nicole: hilarious

they were many beautiful things on isabeli as the most beautiful model of the world :)

and since when uk vogue is important? layla darling, take a look at vogue may Usa of 2009 when it'll arrive :hug:

joking :hug:

May US 2009? Is this going to be another multi-models cover issue :shifty:

Oh, you know, UK out of 4 editions of Vogue is the least important, but I've read numerous times that fashion world acknowldges Vogue: UK, US, Paris and Italia as the top Vogues, that are most important and scoring covers of these 4 editions is a big achievement.

But, then, if Vogue UK has models on their covers, these are models coming from countries where people speak English as their language. Well, the only exceptions I can think of are Elise Crombez and Natalia Vodianova. But Vodianova is "kinda" a supermodel. Oh, and Daria's Ukrainian, but she moved to Canada when she was 4 and raised there, so I guess we should think of her as a Canadian.