Bellazon

Sophie Marceau
Thumbnail

Qball

• 2 weeks later...

I hardly believe she's 47...Awesome woman. What a beauty!

I'm re reading "Anna Karenina" and a friend recommended me watching the film version starred by Sophie. It's no recent exactly...but she's the best Anna I've ever seen!

Sophie Danièle Sylvie Maupu Was an official model for Marianne, a national emblem of France.

Upon hearing Leonardo DiCaprio is a big fan of hers she said;. "What is he, 13 or 11? Perhaps, I could play his nanny".

You are right she is truly beautiful

Sophie Danièle Sylvie Maupu Was an official model for Marianne, a national emblem of France.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Luis. :PinkCouture2: I searched on Google briefly and I noticed she was chosen in 2012 which means she'll be Marianne for some years. :chicken:

Have you ever seen a picture of the esculpture? I tried to find a pic of Sophie posing together with the bust of Marianne (in order to see how strong the resemblance is) but I couldn't find anything.

To my best knowledge, she was never an official model for Marianne. Once there was a survey in which the readers are asked who should be the model for Marianne, and she recived the highest votes. I think the information you found online comes from the wrong interpreation of that survey...

Actually, I am curious about who is the current model of Marianne, but I could not find a reliable source (such as a government website ).

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Luis. :PinkCouture2: I searched on Google briefly and I noticed she was chosen in 2012 which means she'll be Marianne for some years. :chicken:

Have you ever seen a picture of the esculpture? I tried to find a pic of Sophie posing together with the bust of Marianne (in order to see how strong the resemblance is) but I couldn't find anything.

To my best knowledge, she was never an official model for Marianne. Once there was a survey in which the readers are asked who should be the model for Marianne, and she recived the highest votes. I think the information you found online comes from the wrong interpreation of that survey...

Actually, I am curious about who is the current model of Marianne, but I could not find a reliable source (such as a government website ).

Probably true. That's why I couldn't find any picture. As I don't speak French, I had to read only translations. The only source I checked in French was

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne

It's not the most reliable source, certainly. Anyway, thanks for your answer. :heythere:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...