Bellazon

Please remove imagebam.com

smarto

If you noticed a pdf load when you went to imagebam.com - you may have just installed a trojan on your system. Imagebam is infecting people with a trojan on their site. Don't believe me? Why is that pdf opening and trying to access the internet on a image page? Look it up. And then disinfect your system. Bellazon should protect their users and ban the use of imagebam links.

I just went to imagebam.com (both to the site directly and to view/download an image.) I did not see nor downloaded any .pdfs :idk:

same :idk:

and I searched online and no one is reporting it except for one person on all the fashion sites (im guessing its you?). Perhaps you are already infected and they messed up your HOSTS file? Or maybe its a rouge advertiser like what tFS suggested?

I just went to imagebam.com (both to the site directly and to view/download an image.) I did not see nor downloaded any .pdfs :idk:

same :idk:

and I searched online and no one is reporting it except for one person on all the fashion sites (im guessing its you?). Perhaps you are already infected and they messed up your HOSTS file? Or maybe its a rouge advertiser like what tFS suggested?

I posted on thefashionspot as well - where if you read the thread, other people have been having the issue as well. If you do not have the proper blocking, it will just infect you, I believe it only brings up the whole pdf page if it is blocked from a stealth install. These same guys were on adsense for a few hours a month ago, google kicked them off. Now they are going on other sites and using their ads to deliver the virus. It may also be tied to your location.

http://theneers.blogspot.com/2009/02/adobe...er-acrobat.html

And more...

dude.. i just experienced it firsthand... it is NO JOKE

i was on Maxwelld's site <always problem free in the past>

clicked on a pic of olga kurylenkos ass... it was imagebam

my comp. all of the sudden pops up with YOUR COMPUTER IS IN DANGER OF GETTING A VIRUS

something pops up and appears as if somethings downloading.

i try to shut it down.... to no avail..

then i simply turn it off

im running a scan now.. everything seems to be fine

but if someone comes across it and doesnt act fast enough.... theyre in deep shit

im truly not kidding :blink:

edit-- i know you guys said youve clicked pictures and had no issues.. well i was clicking imagebam pics all morning and had no issue until

olgas ass... so please be careful!

Here is ImageBam's response to my email regarding the Trojan issue :) :

We had a similar situation a couple weeks ago. We investigated the issue and promised to be more careful with the advertisement companies we choose. We chose to remove all advertisement networks and replace them with ads from xtendmedia.com. The ad inventory served by xtendmedia obviously included the malicious advertisement.

We have removed the ad for now and will email the advertisement network about this situation. Neither the pop-ups nor the malicious ad have been approved by us.

We highly recommend installing all updates and security patches for software installed on your computer.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Florian Cervenka

CTO, Hybrid Media Labs

& Flixya Entertainment, LLC

Office: +1 415 992-5458

Fax: +1 866 665-9139

• 3 months later...

alright.... clicking on olga's ass last time gave me a trojan horse

that cost 70$ to remove... and it happened again

in the karlie kloss thread.....im running scans now and luckily have good protection =hehehe=

that warned me and let me move the infected files and rename them so i can hopefully delete them

but i want to give everyone a little heads up ONCE AGAIN..

be careful and dont use imagebam till they get their problems fixed. take it from me.

i dont know the name of the trojan... my security moved it and renamed it and i was panicking so hard at the time i truly cant recall

but ill certainly link you to the pics. and thanks for your speedy response.

of couorse... going through the threads... almost all the pics i want to look at are hosted by imagebam :persuazn:

lololol look out for my p.m. , pinkie :)

yeah, sweets.. it was you. i didnt name names cuz youre wonderful and i adore the air you breathe :kiss:

its not your fault.. imagebam has some assholes that love to hack in and

wreck your day...since my last imagebam security breach... ive installed some kick ass protection..\

its callled Avast and its free.. and it contained the trojan horses =yes horses since i wass dumb enough to open all 6 pics to individual tabs :wacko: = lolol

and it contained and and renamed them so my sweet gateway gwenâ„¢ is safe.

no worries, liebling :hug:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for looking at this in more depth PinkCouture :) Its a problem I had with it about a month ago and since then i havent even dared to use it!

So should it now be safe to use again because i did like it before hand but obviously if there was any danger to my computer then I wasn't going to use it!!

I await your response :)

You might want to try Firefox with No Script for imagebam. It also stops the annoying pop-up they have for the larger view.

Thanks for looking at this in more depth PinkCouture :) Its a problem I had with it about a month ago and since then i havent even dared to use it!

So should it now be safe to use again because i did like it before hand but obviously if there was any danger to my computer then I wasn't going to use it!!

I await your response :)

It should be safe to use again, but make sure your virus protection program is up-to- date :)

You might want to try Firefox with No Script for imagebam. It also stops the annoying pop-up they have for the larger view.

Could you please provide more info on how to disable the script for Imagebam? Thanks! :flower: