Bellazon

Your favorite out of the 5 original supers

brazilianaffair

The original 5 supermodels  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Cindy, Claudia, Linda, Naomi or Christy?

• Cindy Crawford
    • Claudia Schiffer
    • Linda Evangelista
    • Naomi Campbell
    • Christy Turlington

well... i love them ALL, really. and they're all soooooo fabulous and SO good at what they do ...

but my vote goes for Naomi, because she really lives and breathes the whole fashion world. even still, to this day. she's an ICON, in the best sense of the word. and she's entirely outrageous, which is always entertaining. plus, she's impossibly versatile, is probably the most photographed woman ever, and just so supremely beautiful. and that WALK.

i love Tatjana very much, and i know she was part of the original 5 before Claudia stepped in and replaced her, but i guess it was all because Tatjana was way too shy & reserved, and didn't allow her private life to become public....she soon started focusing more on her acting career than her modelling one, and this worked against her as a fashion model at the time...it happened in a time when you had Naomi who got engaged with DeNiro, Tyson, DiCaprio and so on, Linda with french soccer player Fabien Barthez, Christy & Cindy respectively with Hollywood actors Christian Slater & Richard Gere, Tatjana was a little out of place already...until there comes Claudia with her Brigitte Bardot"esque" looks, dating internationally known magician Copperfield and being also of the same nationality as Tatjana, it was easy to replace her in the "big 5" lineup...Gianni Versace, the real creator of the "supermodels", loved Claudia and used her in so many of his runway shows, but he rarely used Tatjana....even though Claudia is a bit younger and started her career later than Tatjana, it's pretty safe to say she left the bigger impact in fashion world out of the 2....Claudia still holds the record for being the model who appeared on more fashion magazines covers (Giselle Bunchen has the record for more covers in general, not only fashion ones), and if i'm not wrong, she broke Christy's record for the biggest cosmetic contract....younger generations still know who Claudia Schiffer is, it's not always the same with Tatjana Patitz, that's why everybody in the business, when talking about the "big 5", think of Cindy, Linda, Naomi, Christy & Claudia