Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

:heart:

As I'm sure all of y'all know, the announcement of the SISE 2009 cover girl will be revealed on the David Letterman show next Monday night (02-09-2009). Tune your TiVO's!

The SISE 2009 will be released onto newsstands on the following day and then the cover girl will have her first interview with dear ol' Dave on Wednesday. Rest assured, I will have HD video of the announcement and interview posted on these boards. I sure hope it's a girl that can speak English well, otherwise, Dave would just massacre her poor native tongue in front of millions of TV watching Americans.

Yeah, I remember when blondie was chosen as the 2008 cover girl. I capped her interview with Letterman that night (02-11-2008) in High Def and I never posted it anywhere......and why am I even talking about her?

:laugh:

Wow... the list this year is interesting at least! Very " rookie" heavy, but perhaps that will turn out to be a good thing. :heart:

So far, I have to say I'm more excited by the model content this year than last year ( I'm one of those people who's waiting for a Christie Brinkley or Kathy Ireland or Elle McPherson mark 2 to come along!)

Even though she's a rookie, I would have to say I would LOVE to see Hilary R. on the cover. She reminds me of Brooke Shields, you know? :blush: She has a look that can really carry a cover. She doesn't look like most other girls - a flaw I see in the likes of Brooklyn and Tori, even though they're gorgeous. She's unique. The SI covergirl should be a unique beauty, IMO. She should be special.

I think Bar will probably get the cover though, if they're still playing it " that way". Bar is gorgeous, but honestly unless they take a SLAMMING hot, amazing picture of her for the cover, I doubt it will impress me much. It's predictable.

I'm also pleased to see Cintia in this issue! She is very gorgeous, although I'm a little dismayed that they seem to have left her bare-faced and not done her up as much as the other girls. Really, Cintia is gorgeous but to look really sexy I think she needs make-up. Mascara at least, because her eyelashes are very blond and it makes her eyes look a bit small. It's fine for HF work, but for " sexy" work I don't think it will be so appealing.

Anyway, rant over! The next few days are doing to be long ones! lol!

SI has gotten more rookie-heavy over the past few years. I like it, 'cuz I was getting a bit sick of them having the same models over and over, such as the fact that Heidi Klum was in it eight years after her 1998 cover. :blink:

Not all the rookies are my cup of tea (I don't get the appeal of HF models like Cintia), but to each their own, and I appreciate the spirit.

I think Brooklyn would work very well on the cover because she has much broader appeal to the SI demographics than other models: she speaks with an understandable American accent and knows her football, so the multiplier effect of being on the cover is much higher. It's the same reason why the cover worked well for Marisa. Having a non-US model isn't necessarily awful, but it's almost a waste of the PR coverage (as unfair it is to them).

^ I suppose it would work to have Brooklyn on the cover since she is dating a sportsman, but... I dunno. I just think she would be the least attractive girl on an SI cover ever ( and I say that loving Brook, but she's no where near the level of other SI cover girls like Brinkley, MacPherson, Klum, etc.)

I think the cover's between Bar and Brooklyn atm. I think we can safely rule out a number of the girls from getting the cover. SI has always had beach shots for the cover, and some of these woman's shooting locations were nowhere near the ocean let alone a body of water outside of a pool.

^ Very good point. :flower: (Y)

Also, I really hope we get some vibrancy and variety of emotion in this issue rather than just " FHM sexy face" on every single one of the girls.

I liked SI when the models presented tons of different looks, like the " seductive" look and the " smoke" look and the " smiling" look. It seems like SI has forgotten about smiling! lol! :hehe:

I think that was part of the magic of SI that it has lost in the last few years. In one issue you used to get the sexy girl, the girl-next-door, the smiling girl, the sexy exotic girl, the shy European girl ( Paulina! loL!) all in one issue. Now you only get overt sex. It's not half as sexy or interesting.

Fingers crossed on some good old SI spirit in this issue!

:heart:

^^All of you are in majority of either Brooklyn or AnaBB or Irina. I say, NOPE. I think SI is gonna pull the rug from under all of us like before and then put some "celebrity" on the cover that has NOTHING to do with sports or modeling (ie, Beyonce). I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's either Megan Fox or the diabolical Amy Winehouse to get this year's cover. It would so make me laugh if they did that after all these rumors and speculations.

:laugh:

Dude you just make me throw up in my mouth. :x

I do hope that model's expression on the cover can be something more interesting than your average sexy pout. Something along the lines of Bar's cover on Heeb magazine would really make my day. It will also never happen in a thousand years. SI is not known for thinking outside the box, and whenever it tries the results aren't great (like the Beyonce cover).

^ I hope not! It would only cheapen the achievement of getting the cover if 19 girls (or any more than two) were suddenly calling themselves SI covermodels. :|

I think SI is gonna pull the rug from under all of us like before and then put some "celebrity" on the cover that has NOTHING to do with sports or modeling

If there's going to be a surprise, I think it'll be that SI is holding back the real covermodel - who's going to be one of the more established models SI has, like Selita or ABB - just to mess with us. After all, there were 20 models last year but only 19 so far for this year, and it's just too suspicious that Selita and ABB are suddenly not in the issue.

I think the cover will be something they have never done before---something unique and unexpected. Maybe all the models in a fold-out cover??? :idk:

I'm with you, Pinky. I think it will be a cover different from what we have seen lately and I think it will be innovative. The covers are getting really, really predicatable lately so I think something new. I'm asking for the gun if it is a Beyonce kind of do=again! :evil: If they get innovative, I think any one of the girls would be great! (Y) (Y) If it's the "sex" shot they seem to be going for in the last years and NOT something innovative, I think it will be Bar or Brooklyn still and I like both of them a lot. I'm still gonna' miss Ana BB :cry: