Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

If you ask me, this would have made an amazing cover:

ae7c21d94b.jpg

SI2009

Brooklyn saves this issue for me, and that one shot of Jessica G. smiling and skipping over the rocks. I half feel like writing into SI and asking them to PLEASE let the girls show a variety of emotion next time. Sorry I'm such a broken record, but Kim C. pictures were painful. She has the same face in EVERY shot. She looked amazing but it's so boring!

^ Very good point.

Having looked through the whole site, I actually have to say I enjoyed Tennis star's Daniela Hantuchova and Maria Kirilenko's pictures the best!

Those pictures of them both running through the water? Ugh! Gorgeous! So SI! Why didn't the actual MODELS get to do these types of pictures? Most of them are just staring dully at the camera! And Maria's smiling shots are amazing! She looks like a healthy, sexy, fun girl who's actually HAPPY to be in the pictures!

Baah! It annoys me!

That pic of Brooklyn is okay, but generally speaking her shoot was devastatingly disappointing.

The thing is very simple: she has become too thin for her figure to work.

She clearly upgraded her breasts last year: it looked okay last year, but losing weight has made them look very unnatural now (classic trough-like cleavage).

Her face looks less rounded, and I think her lips look strangely full now (not Irina level, but still...). The nose actually seems to look larger, which doesn't even make sense to me, so I'll have to attribute that to the face getting slimmer? The face now gives off a very Marisa vibe to it (which is not a compliment in my book).

This pic really puts these features to light... ...and it was one of the front page rotating ones, so I basically just started off the wrong foot.

Overall it looks pretty unimaginative. I guess I shouldn't be disappointed by now of SI's lack of creativity but I still am.

(I apologize if I come off ridiculously negative. It's late and I just started downloading the pics after a long RPG session. :| )

^ I wish SI had a feedback section for the swimsuit issue. I don't think this issue is really crap, but there are like three points that I would love to bring to SI's attention.

1. A girl who's looking sexy and smiling is hot! Looking sexy and blank or moody in every shot is very boring unless the models Brazilian, then somehow it sort of works! lol!

2. Why are the girls not allowed to interact with people or animals in their shots anymore? There is one picture of Irina with all the men and it's fab! More!

3. I miss when the girls were actually doing things in their shots, e.g cooling off in the sea, running, holding props. It's okay to have the occasional shot of them simply sitting in the sand looking at the camera, but almost every shot in this issue is like that.

Unimaginative is the right word, kelvinc. It didn't used to be like that though, so I really don't understand it.

Also, although she's very sweet, did anyone else find the picture of Esti in the water-wings slightly disturbing? They would have been a cool prop on another girl, but on Esti they just sort of emphasized how young-looking she is!

If you ask me, this would have made an amazing cover:

ae7c21d94b.jpg

SI2009

Brooklyn saves this issue for me, and that one shot of Jessica G. smiling and skipping over the rocks. I half feel like writing into SI and asking them to PLEASE let the girls show a variety of emotion next time. Sorry I'm such a broken record, but Kim C. pictures were painful. She has the same face in EVERY shot. She looked amazing but it's so boring!

she is wonderful :heart:

brooklyn is just...not...ieee

I love love love bar but i think this picture is major disappointing, when it was small i was like ok damn...but up close i do no like it. She had many many better cover shots..

she looks really big....and the angle of her face is off or something. I really don't get it.

lol the "dancers" are just not comparable.

brooklyn is just...not...ieee

I love love love bar but i think this picture is major disappointing, when it was small i was like ok damn...but up close i do no like it. She had many many better cover shots..

she looks really big....and the angle of her face is off or something. I really don't get it.

I kinda feel the same, it looked better LQ...

^ So glad they've simplified the cover again. Last year and the year before it had too much text all over it. This looks much better, although I agree the angle is weird. I think the photographer was kneeling down when he took the photo, and that's why Bar looks really big!

^ I wish SI had a feedback section for the swimsuit issue.

I would suggest for them to not airbrush/cartoon-ise the pictures :no:

Yeah, that's another good point. IMO, if they've got such gorgeous models, they should just let them be naturally gorgeous and use lighting to create the right sort of look for the picture. Airbrushing is just the reality of today though, were everything has to be hyperreal or it's ugly.

Yeah, that's another good point. IMO, if they've got such gorgeous models, they should just let them be naturally gorgeous and use lighting to create the right sort of look for the picture. Airbrushing is just the reality of today though, were everything has to be hyperreal or it's ugly.

But it makes them hyper-unreal. Not in a good way :dontgetit: