Bellazon

Yasmeen Ghauri
Thumbnail

diplostabus

She married in ‘97 and retired to have a baby. She is married to a lawyer, attended college and has graduated with a degree in business. She now has 2 children, a boy and a girl and lives in New York. She retired when she was at the top. Her photos are still very current and striking. 
she was a lush, gorgeous beauty and had the best walk in the industry.

On 7/18/2005 at 9:02 AM, diplostabus said:

She IS amazing. Only problem is that I don't think she really models anymore. Anyone have any info on what she is doing now? My impression (and this is not very well substantiated) is that she's living in Montreal with a husband ( :yuckky: ) and kids and living off her wealth and perhaps collecting royalties from Spiegel and VS. I think she may still do an occasional Spiegel shoot, but she's really keeping a low-profile. I think her father had religious issues with modeling (especially VS) and so perhaps that was another factor in her retirement.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

She retired in ‘97. She was pregnant and married an attorney named Bernstein. She lives with him and her 2 children in NYC. Sadly, we won’t ever see the likes of her again. Luckily, we have loads of runway footage and a huge gallery of her print work.

she was the best walker on the runways during the supermodel craze in the 90’s.

she never had any religious issues with modelling, only her father had and she did not care (thank god), cause if she did, she would not have a career at all. It can not be a reason for her retirement, she is just smart and modelling for her was mostly a job, maybe not a passion. She gave herself completely, made a fortune and retired like any intelligent person would do. I wish I could still see her, but somehow I am grateful she has stopped completely. And, no, there is NO WAY she might have occasional modelling jobs, cause if she did, we would have seen them for sure. She left more than enough material to be admired by us, the fans and I am still trying to obtain so many items for my collection, so I am happy she is not working anymore and she will never return!

Here are some gems from my collection, all scanned by me:

1991-5-V-Ger-7.jpg 1991-5-V-Ger-8.jpg 1991-MakeUpBook-Yasmeen1small.jpg 1992-9-V-It-11.jpg Elle-Ger-Yasmeen.jpg img600.jpg TheColorsOfFashion-1992-YG.jpg 1990-91-aw-Chanel-01.jpg 1990-91-aw-Chanel-19.jpg 1990-91-aw-Chanel-27.jpg 1997-98-winter-Otto-Ger-5.jpg 1997-98-winter-Otto-Ger-11.jpg img857.jpg 1994-95-Elegance-01.jpg 1993-12-Elle-It.jpg YasmeenG.jpg 1991-1-Elle-UK-4.jpg 1991-1-HB-US-1.jpg 1991-1-V-It-03.jpg 1991-2-Elle-Fr-2.jpg 1991-5-V-Ger-2.jpg 1991-7-Elle-Fr-1.jpg 1991-7-Elle-Fr-6.jpg 1991-8-V-UK-01.jpg 1991-9-Elle-Fr-4.jpg 1991-11-Esquire-Ger-1.jpg 1992-5-V-Ger.jpg 1992-12-MC-Ger-YG-5.jpg

On 3/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, radolgc said:

and the last part, all scanned by me:

1994-5-Elle-UK-YG-4.jpg 1994-5-Mirabella-US-3.jpg 1994-9-Elle-Spain-3.jpg 1994-9-Elle-US-2.jpg 1994-10-MC-It-03.jpg 1994-12-V-Australia-2.jpg 1994-12-V-Australia-5.jpg 1994-Amica-It.jpg 1995-1-MC-Argentina-07.jpg 1995-1-MC-Argentina-11.jpg 1995-2-Elle-UK-2.jpg 1995-2-Elle-UK-4.jpg 1995-2-V-Fr-4.jpg 1995-2-V-Fr-5.jpg 1995-3-V-UK-07.jpg 1995-4-V-UK-7.jpg 1995-5-HB-USA-YG-3.jpg 1995-5-V-Ger-17.jpg 1995-6-MC-France-7.jpg 1995-6-MC-France-9.jpg 1995-11-Elle-It-4.jpg 1995-11-MC-UK-YG-8.jpg 1995-SportsIll-YG-1b.jpg 1995-V-Ger-3.jpg 1996-2-Elle-UK-06.jpg 1996-2-MC-USA-4.jpg 1996-2-MC-USA-8.jpg 1996-3-Elle-UK-6.jpg 1996-5-V-Ger-3.jpg 1998-2-GQ-Ger-2.jpg -Elle-Italy.jpg Holla-Sp-12.jpg

Very nice collection of her print work. I especially like the earlier shots as I haven’t seen many of them. In 1992, she was THE model. A true Super as she was steadily employed, did great print work and graced the covers of several magazines. Her best work was on the runway. She was easily among the top 5 runway girls in her heyday. She retired while at the top. We’ll never see her again; unless we’re lucky.

9 hours ago, Mel20212 said:

Hi radolgc what happened to your website that had all the pics of Yasmeen thst you posted here? 

love your site! 

Hi, it is still there, nothing happened, it is getting bigger and bigger every day;))

1 hour ago, tag1555 said:

Wow, I had no idea! Truly outstanding collection and site!

https://radolgc.weebly.com/yasmeen-ghauri.html

Well, I still miss tons of stuff, but I decided to start collecting her work only a few years ago...already traded and sold tons of her amazing work in the past...regreting it of course, but I am slowly regaining materials...hopefully I will have enough time in this life to complete my collection. Thanks for your compliments! Glad I can share hat I have with other admirers.

13 hours ago, radolgc said:

Well, I still miss tons of stuff, but I decided to start collecting her work only a few years ago...already traded and sold tons of her amazing work in the past...regreting it of course, but I am slowly regaining materials...hopefully I will have enough time in this life to complete my collection. Thanks for your compliments! Glad I can share hat I have with other admirers.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:08 AM, radolgc said:

Hi, it is still there, nothing happened, it is getting bigger and bigger every day;))

The editorial section has gone the covers and campaigns are still there.  But if you go to the editorials, it reverts back to the main page of models.  Before that it went to Anja Rubik's page. 

11 hours ago, Mel20212 said:

The editorial section has gone the covers and campaigns are still there.  But if you go to the editorials, it reverts back to the main page of models.  Before that it went to Anja Rubik's page. 

Hi and sorry for the confusion, it is my mistake...I recently re-did the whole editorials section merging it into one gallery only, but forgot to link the gallery...now it works fine and you can see my entire collection of editorials.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, modelcrazy said:

Thanks for fixing @radolgcas I noticed this too. These pages on your site also have the same issues, Brandi  - Editorials; Tatjana - Editorials & Adverts; Kristen - Adverts & Editorials 1992 thru to 2010-2019.

You are wellcome...as for the other galleries, they are not ready yet, so I need to work on them...it takes a lot of time I am afraid, but I will do it for sure.

• 4 weeks later...