Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

"The gorgeous @mirandakerr supporting her new #Haircut created by @dklahair #davidkeough for @artdeptagencyla ... I do hope you all like it ... ❤️" (BIGGER)

12628083_1566705710316860_1776334772_n.t

Source: @dklahair

12750058_1513807125589192_909707675_n.th

Source: Miranda's Instagram

QFD.thumb.png.45617ce5924f55fed42f4333a4

VIDEO: http://websta.me/p/1183664955724972702_179801071

Source: Miranda's Instagram

EXCLUSIVE: MIRANDA KERR GETS HER SHORTEST HAIRCUT EVER

Watch as the supermodel gets a lob with BAZAAR and shares her anti-aging secrets, selfie tips and favorite products. 

1455290499-hbz-miranda-kerr-embed.thumb.

Harper's BAZAAR: What inspired this cut—why now?

Miranda Kerr: Well, I've been wanting to cut my hair now for at least a year. I've often fantasized about it but I haven't been able to do it because of the contracts that I've had, but now I just got clearance from all the clients that I work with, so I was like, "Let's just do it!" And everyone's like, "Oh, we should do it for a special event, but I just wanted to cut it—I'm ready."

HB: Who did the haircut?

MK: David Keogh, who has known me and been cutting my hair since I was fifteen years old. He's from Australia and now lives in Los Angeles. He's such a good friend of mine and we've been working together for a very long time and I trust him, so it was a very natural process. 

HB: Did you reference any images or did you just give him free rein?

MK: I've been looking at different pictures, like one of my friend who's always had really long hair but cut it really short. I've had long hair pretty much my whole life. I've never cut it this short before, except maybe when I was like, four years old, I guess I had this haircut. Not this exact haircut, because I used to have bangs and I obviously didn't cut bangs today. But it's really nice for a change—it feels really fresh. When I'm not working, I generally let my hair air dry. So I just dried it and then he put wave in it which I quite like and I was like, "Oh, this is perfect."

HB: What's the biggest beauty risk you've taken?

MK: I've dyed my eyebrows before. That was kind of a beauty risk. I've done that a few times for fashion shoots and it actually really does change your whole face when you bleach your eyebrows. And one time, I tried to go blonde but it kind of went orange. It didn't go so well.

HB: What are your anti-aging secrets?

MK: I've just come out with two new age-defying products and I'm obsessed with them. The AHA exfoliator, which I use every second day, really softens any dryness and dead skin cells. I leave it on for five minutes, then I scrub and exfoliate away any dead skin cells and it makes my skin look really glowing and improves circulation. The other products that I'm obsessed with and that I use morning and night after I've cleansed and moisturized my skin is the Phytox oil. It's really great for fine lines and wrinkles and it has lots of antioxidants and amino acids, and you can see an immediate difference with your skin. It's a magical treatment that I can't be without. I also eat really well and drink at least like two liters of fresh alkaline water a day. I love yoga and I feel like yoga for me is incredible, and meditation. Meditation is a great way to stay centered and I think inversions are great for aging. Specifically, I think the Kundalini yoga is really a life changer. And then obviously lots of organic foods when possible, green leafy vegetables, free range salmon...

HB: What's your signature red lipstick?

MK: It's Charlotte Tilbury in So Marilyn.

HB: Do you have any bad beauty habits?

MK: I love to tweeze my eyebrows and I'm a little bit OCD with my nails being perfect. And if I get a pimple, or if I see a pimple on anyone else, I love to get it. Obviously I do it properly with a tissue and what not, but I really like to squeeze, especially if it's friends or family. 

HB: What are your best tips for a good selfie? Favorite Instagram filters?

MK: It's all about the light. Everyone's face is different but I like the light either right behind me or in front of me, then I always put the camera up a little higher than me so I'm looking up and keep my chin down. I used to be obsessed with Sierra, but now I'm obsessed with Valencia because the border looks like a polaroid.

Source: harpersbazaar.com