Bellazon

Miranda Kerr
Thumbnail

katgirl

teenvogue.com

Fresh Direct: Miranda Kerr

Model turned writer Miranda Kerr proves that beauty is more than skin-deep with her new wellness book.

Miranda Kerr may live an impossibly glamorous life--jet-setting internationally, strutting the runway for Victoria's Secret, attending movie premieres with boyfriend Orlando Bloom--but deep down, she's a total bookworm. "I love to read! I've come to consider some of my favorite books as trusted friends I can always depend on," she says. Her love of the written word is exactly why she recently completed her latest project, a book called Treasure Yourself (Hay House). Miranda (who studied psychology, naturopathy, and nutrition at school, after her dreams of being a professional gymnast were waylaid when she grew too tall) hopes this guide, which combines self-esteem tips and health advice, will "remind girls of what they're capable of." She notes, "Your teen years are when you create a foundation for the rest of your life, from habits to ideas of who you think you are and what you believe you are able to accomplish. A confident teen is more likely to set out to achieve what she dreams of simply because she thinks she can. I want to contribute to that." And her signature positive attitude has served this 26-year-old well, from her gig as a Victoria's Secret Angel to her multiple magazine covers. "One thing I tell girls who want to break in to the industry is that there's no such thing as 'looking' like a model. There are so many different shapes and sizes, and everyone has things they want to change: freckles in odd places, dimples where they might not want them, and hair where it shouldn't be. Just remember that picture-perfect doesn't exist--perfection is you, just the way you are."

post-31287-1249836775_thumb.jpg

SHE'S internationally famous with a movie star boyfriend and a portfolio of sexy fashion shoots.

But Miranda Kerr still talks to her parents every day and is hoping they can get to Melbourne to see her latest parade.

Kerr flew into town on Monday night in preparation for the local launch of David Jones' spring-summer collections, for which she is the ambassador.

The Victoria's Secret Angel, 26, said she was hoping to see mum Therese and dad John, if their work schedules allowed, but there will be no surprise visit from boyfriend Orlando Bloom.

Kerr said she was close to her parents, who had been keen supporters of her 12-year career.

She said her mum was not critical of her work but always truthful. "She's supportive and genuine and yes, she is honest - she'll tell me," she said.

Kerr is touring the major Australian capitals for the David Jones launch and has a packed schedule for when she returns to New York, including another show for lingerie brand Victoria's Secret and a cover shoot for Italian GQ magazine.

The beauty has also been making headlines for some racier shoots, including the Pirelli calendar and a Rolling Stone cover.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5012974,00.html

06830110.jpg