Bellazon

DBSK/TVXQ
Thumbnail

UltraLoveMoon7

post-25098-0-1446014116-70347_thumb.jpg

» ABOUT

TVXQ (Tong Vfang Xien Qi) is a Korean boy band that has gained popularity in Japan, Taiwan, China, and other East-Asian countries. Today, it has become one of Asia's most influential pop groups, and is one of the top groups of the Korean Wave. TVXQ, their international name, is referred to by various other names. Its Korean title is Dong Bang Shin Ki (or Gi) '(동방신기)', which is abbreviated to DBSK (or DBSG). The Japanese equivalent is Tōhōshinki '(東方神起)', which is abbreviated to THSK. The group debuted in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and China throughout 2004. TVXQ is composed of five male members specializing in the areas of dance, A cappella, various drama acting, and pop with an R&B vibe.

Pre-fame

The Korean phrase "Dong Bang Shin Ki" translates almost literally into "Rising Gods of the East." This five-man dance team came into being after an audition in 2004. The contestants of the audition were divided into groups of their peers and received training to find potential talents. All the members of TVXQ were originally the lead vocals of other singing groups. The first member to join was Kim JunSu (김준수). He enjoyed singing at his chruch when he was little. At the age of 14 he was brought into the band through a televised talent search which Moon Hee Jun and Kangta from H.O.T. were judges. His vocals won over the judges and won him thorough training for the next six years until he debuted as Xiah JunSu (시아준수; Xiah is pronounced SHe-ah in Korean). Xiah was a stage name that Junsu himself chose, explaining to his fans that the name was short for "Asia," as Asia is pronounced "a-shi-a" in Korean. "Xiah" would be a reference to his desire to become not only a star in Korea, but a star recognized all throughout the continent. The group's second member, Jung YunHo (정윤호), secured his spot in TVXQ through a dance competition. Prior to this, he accumulated some musical experience as a rapper and backup dancer for K-pop singer Dana in her Diamond video [1]. His chosen stage name is U-know YunHo, which sounds like "You know" in English. He is the second oldest member in TVXQ and is also the band's leader. Kim JaeJoong (김재중) left his hometown in Chungnam to audition for SM Entertainment. Having left the shelter of home, he experienced poverty and strife before becoming a celebrity. He debuted under the name a fortune teller foretold years before: YoungWoong JaeJoong (영웅재중, also known as Hero which is the English equivalent). YoungWoong means "hero" in Korean, hence his international name, Hero. Shim ChangMin (심창민) was grouped with the youngest participants in the audition. Like Xiah JunSu, he impressed the judges with his vocal powers. He joined the band under the name ChoiKang ChangMin (최강창민; the English counterpart to his stage name is Max). ChoiKang in Korean means "the best;" "Max" became an international rendition of this name. Six months before the group's debut, a final member was added. Park YooChun (박유천) lived in Virginia for roughly four years. Yoochun's stage name, Micky, means "ambitious" and "accomplishes goals" in Hanmoon (Chinese characters). As the winner of a talent show, he was granted the opportunity to sign with SM Entertainment in Korea. He now performs under the stage name Micky Yoochun (믹키유천).

Debut

TVXQ made their first appearance in 2003 during a Christmas time showcase featuring fellow SM Entertainment star BoA and Britney Spears. They performed their debut single "Hug" as well as an Acappella rendition of "O Holy Night" alongside BoA. The group eventually released two singles before their first album in 2004. TVXQ surprised everybody by being #1 on Korean music charts 3 months after their debut. For preparation for their first album, the band recorded the single "Tri-Angle" with BoA and The TRAX. BoA's profound popularity in Japan, alongside The TRAX's evolvement in said country, helped to promote the awareness overseas of the new boy band.

Going overseas

Tong Vfang Xien Qi has also released albums and singles in China. SM Entertainment had once even considered adding a Chinese member to the group to help boost popularity within the country. However, SM Entertainment has abandoned the idea due to the overflowing amount of complaints from their fan club Cassiopeia (named after the constellation near the Big Dipper). TVXQ's fans chose the name "Cassiopeia" for their fan club because the constellation has 5 stars in its galaxy, and TVXQ has 5 members. Their single "Rising Sun" from the self-titled album has enjoyed great popularity in Korea, China, Taiwan, and Singapore. TVXQ has toured in concerts, made guest appearances, and participated in numerous commercials throughout several Asian countries.

Increasing popularity

In 2005 and 2006, TVXQ released Banjun Theater that featured the boys as budding actors. They have acted in their own one- or two-episode dramas titled First Love (Parts 1 and 2), The Masked Fencer, King's Men, YunHo's Tokyo Holiday, Dangerous Love, Finding Lost Time, Uninvited Guest, and The Most Unforgettable Girl in My Life. In the summer of 2006, they also released a four-episode series known as VACATION, and are due to have their next drama Dating on Earth in the fall of 2006. TVXQ have also released an OST (Original Sound Track) for their short drama series, VACATION. TVXQ has also gained a significant amount of popularity around Asia. They were the first Asian group to win Thailand's Music Award for Best Music Video for their hit "Rising Sun". Also, the first artist to win 2 Thailand's Music Awards: Popular Music Video Award and Asian Most Favorite Artist. They are also one of the few Korean groups that can draw 40,000 fans to one concert and have sufficiently secured their place in Japan as well. Their seventh Japanese single Sky reached third place on the Oricon charts, making them one of the few non-Japanese artists to have reached the top five. The song was used as the background music for a Baskin Robin's commercial, as well. As of August 2006, they are performing with a-nation and will return to Korea to assemble their third album before recording their 8th Japanese single. Also, they have topped both the Japanese and Korean charts on the Malaysian radio show "988" twice with their singles "Begin" and "The East's Fighting Spirit" respectively. The show has an audience of about 4.2 million listeners, reaching as far as Singapore, who voted for their singles via the internet, as well as other means.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Changmin UFO Replies

[uFO] Oppa let's go to the public bath, I'll scrub your back refreshingly~~!!

[ChangMin] Then you're a guy?? You're calling hyung, oppa??

[uFO] If you don't reply this time your voice will crack today!^^

[YooChun] Replied^^

[JunSu] If my voice cracks I'm going to think of you first

[JaeJoong] (My) voice is (probably) going to crack

[YunHo] Memories of the f-concert comes up..

[ChangMin] Do you want to die?^^

Fan: what are oppas doing?

CM: I told you to study, why are you still here? You want to die? Hehe, study!

[uFO] Oppa, how was oppa born???? How are babies born????

[ChangMin] Go learn at the beautiful children program called sex ed. organized by the lady

[uFO] Please teach me I want to hear it from oppa

[ChangMin] Be quiet!!!!

UFO: Ah I'm hungry..........I think I'm going to die If I eat now, I will get fat, so I will hold back for now

Changmin: Want to die skinny or want to live by eating?.

UFO: Yunho-ya your nostrils are so pretty that I want to put my finger in there, give me permission^^

Changmin: If you were him, would you give permission??;

UFO: It's raining in Korea right now...You want to eat Gobchang and drink soju with Nuna?

Changmin: If you eat with me, it will cost a lot

UFO: It's fine, you know, Nuna has a lot of money? Or you want to go jogging outside with me?

Changmin: I thought you said it was raining, can you jog when it's raining??

UFO: I woke up from my nap after a dream where oppa-deul abandoned me and went, I'm angry!

Changmin: Judging from reality, there's no point of caring.

Fan: yah~ I got a confession from Changmin oppa TT, thank you, I didn’t know oppa love me! TT

CM: I’m sorry;; I think you are drunk. Hehe

[uFO] ChangMin-ah, do you possibly eat poop too..? (WTF???????)

[ChangMin] What^^?

[uFO] I’m not going to be a fan anymore, it’s oppas’ fault for not replying…..

From now on I’m going to be a stalker!

[ChangMin] I’ll say this in a nice way, come back to being a fan

[uFO] If oppa teaches me how to dance I’ll think about it

[ChangMin] Just be a stalker

[uFO] Ok I’ll be a stalker. Look behind you

[ChangMin] A refrigerator is behind me

[uFO] Liar, I’m there

[ChangMin] Are you the refrigerator or JunSu-hyung?

I have woken up from thinking about them so much that I want

to cry. You’re the first person to have this effect on me.

ChangMin: Don’t cry, or your eyes will be puffy ^ __ ^

Fan: Changmin oppa, please marry me! I have confidence you will lead a happy life.

ChangMin: I have no confidence.

Fan: Changmin-ah I find your adam’s apple so sexy when you scream

Changmin: You have unique taste

Fan: &%*^(^&*)*)(

Changmin: what are you trying to say?

Fan: Yesterday at the Nong Shim concert I bought a Yoochun mask! Keke~ Everyday everday I’ll wear this out!

Changmin: ^^ Wash it and wear it out~

Fan: I know Changmin oppa didn’t go to bed yet!! haha, caught you!

Changmin: I didn’t go to bed, but I never hid either.

Fan: REPLY!!!!

Changmin:.. ;

Credit : OhMicky + KibanTVXQ

Translation : choco + crazee@TVXQFever

Shared by: sharingyoochun@wordpress

Please take out with full credits

Fan : I want a reply too, why don’t you reply? Is my question invisible?

ChangMin : The question’s not invisible^.^kekeke

Fan : Sunbae, I think i’m having fever

ChangMin : You. . . You’re a hobae? (Sunbae for koreans mean senior while hobae is junior)

Fan : What does BO GO SIP O mean?

ChangMin : When i was young, i received formal education. Where did these kind of words come from!! kekeke

Fan: Please have a chat with me!

Choikang Changmin: There's more for you to talk about with your parents .

Fan: Shim Changmin. My man

I love you.

Wish you a happy birthday ^^

Changmin: Ah "my man"... ... hm... ...;;well Thank you ^^

Fan: why has Junsu oppa's eyes become so big? hoho.

eyes have become half the size of the face!!!

Changmin: That is still human??;;

Fan Hungry la T_T Buy me dinner. <

Changmin: Eait it yourself, make it yourself!!!!!! Haha (ROFL)

Source:maxcmbar.com

Translated by: genna@shimjjang forums

(all 3 replies below are from the same person)

Fan : Don’t you wanna marry me oppa? Keke Then sign the marriage certificate!

ChangMin: I want to do neither. hahaha

Fan: Introduce this person to me oppa keke

ChangMin: Go find him yourself.

*fan’s avatar is Min

Fan: Oppa behind you!

ChangMin : What

Fan : This is oppa when oppa was still young kekeke

ChangMin : I still am haha

*fan’s avatar is Min during HiYaYa days

Fan : This is my man. Isn’t he cute?^^ He’s so cute when he smiles

ChangMin : Really?^^;

*fan’s avatar is Min

Fan : Oppa! What does “MAX” mean? ChangMin : What do you think it means?

Fan: Changmin-ah, I failed… ha.. What is D. If I get all A+ next time, will you pat my head??

Changmin: Talk when you get an A

Fan:Shall We make a baby?

[Changmin]"no comment"

Fan: Does oppa like a smart and ugly girl or a dumb and pretty girl or me??keke

[Changmin]I like my parents^^

Fan: Aren't I nice

[Changmin]How should I know;;

Fan: Will you make me happy?

Changmin: NO!

Fan: I miss you so much I want to throw up

Changmin: You miss me so much you want to through up. Doesn't that seem a bit strange?

Fan: Are U man?

Changmin: ^^ Yes, is there a problem…?

Fan: Hi Changmin oppa, I’m Fried Chicken! But that layer of skin which has not been fried before, is feeling very cold TT Please help me to find that layer of skin ♥

CM: Find it yourself!

Fan: WooWow

CM: WooWow

Fan: Reply me, darling♥

CM: I think you have got the wrong person! hh

(The following 2 messages are from the same fan.)

Fan: Oppa, Changmin oppa!! I'll buy you a meal when we meet up later!! ^^~ I heard you're meeting Yunho oppa later

Changmin: Its like that?~okay~

Fan: See you later! We'll buy a meal later! Oppa can even go and watch a movie!

Changmin: Oh...I see...; ;

Fan: Changmin's smelly feet, can you stand the smell when it diffuses?

Changmin: Please wake up/be more conscious...

Fan: Oppa do you like girls who fart loudly and smell? Would you like girls with bad breath?

Min: Would you like emissions of carbon dioxide? Nuclear weapons?