Bellazon

Vegetarians Unite!

TooBoku

^ post-16725-0-1446054666-08214_thumb.jpg

are you sure you don't want to bite a hamburger rather than it's ass? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As much as I love animals, I can't say I will ever give up meat. It's a way alot of people have been raised to eat, that's how we got here. I don't believe in mistreating of animals and that's something I'm willing to help out on :p I love veggies!!! but a pollo a la brasa sounds delicious right now :ninja:

This is how Peruvians eat :evil:

post-16725-0-1446054666-11279_thumb.jpg

:drool:

Yeah... the "mistreating" of animals isn't what is turning me off from meat actually. My mom works in the meat industry at the single largest poultry processor in North America... I think that probably means the world too... but anyway... animals are generally treated very well. Better than we treat other people actually. That's what's turning me off. The resources that we allocate to producing food for our livestock are astronomical. Most of the grains we grow are used to feed the animals we will eventually eat. Only a small portion of it is actually grown for human consumption... which is sad because even the animal grade grains are better than what most people in the third world eat. They also need a lot less of it to survive. In short, and this is only one aspect in a multifaceted and complicated equation, we could grow enough food to significantly reduce world hunger if we simply just ate a lot less meat. Some people say we could effectively eliminate world hunger if everyone just stopped eating meat. That's not just surviving but each person having more than they could possibly eat, with complete nutrition.

Everytime I eat meat now, I feel guilty. It wasn't like before when I would make sure I finished my meat because an animal had to die for me to enjoy that but now it's because people are suffering and I'm contributing to it. I know North Americans will continue to over consume meat anyway... ordering 2 Big Macs, when 1 or even a smaller burger woud do the trick, but with the reading I've been doing, the more the thought festers in my mind that I am contributing to the distruction of the earth. I've been trying to ignore it but it doesn't sit well with me anymore.

Toobs does his research!

But no matter what your motive is, becoming a

vegetarian is a really good choice (imo) and it's

a pretty difficult transition to make, so I'm proud

of anyone who does it :)

these piQtures are disgustingly unQomfortable. :yuckky:

That was my intention :p

So I made it through another day with significantly less meat than I would normally eat! :)

I like my coffee black with two sugars but I would usually put cream in it anyway to cool it down... I had it black this morning and just waited a little bit longer for it to get cool enough to drink. Also with that was a bran muffin with raspberries.

Lunch was cool... the lunch lady doesn't know I'm going vegetarian yet... but it was cool. I got there before all the pretend vegetarians got there... had half an egg and some cheese though... but the lentil soup was awesome... and lots of salad. kuskus salad with chickpeas and cilantro.

felafel later on in the afternoon...

and snacks... lots and lots of snacks... trail mix. Mmmmm....

don't know what i'll make later....

went to the asian supermarket today though... i found some canned immitation abalone and immitation duck! the writing was in chinese though and the can didn't look too appealing... the nutrition facts weren't too impressive either. there was a considerable amount of saturated fat... and although saturated fat isn't exactally a bad thing, sometimes it's good like in the case of coconut oil, i'd still like to stay away from it. lots of sodium too.

i'ma check out another one tomorrow. maybe they have a better brand... but i think it might come down to me going to the bulk barn and making my own.

any particular brand of trail mix?

lol... so today i decided to work from home because no one was in the office anyway... and i made my own lunch :D

at first i was just eating random things but i got really hungry so i decided to cook.

i found a bag of baby boch choy and a package of fried tofu... :D

put some chopped garlic into a pan with oil... threw in the ababy boch choy and covered it. pepper an a bit of soy sauce... covered it again... cut up the tofu into bite size piece and threw that in.

yummy :)

... even if i hate tofu

I'm stuffed... :S

I made a potluck pita from random things I found in the fridge...

- a spring roll filling my grandma made... finely cubed carrots, potato, and green beans lightly fried.

- a package of prefried tofu balls

- some chopped garlic in a jar

- a tub of humus

- a whole wheat pita

yum... but i'm really stuffed.

So... my first attempt at seitan was a miserable failure.

#1 I made way too much

#2 I think I used a little too much baking powder. It got really fluffy and when I bit into it, it was like biting into pure pork fat and it triggered a gag reflex. I had to remind myself that it was just wheat gluten.

Anyway... I'll try again tomorrow.

Right now, I'm going out for falafel.

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw this I instantly thought of you, TooBoku!!!! :rofl: I know this will definitely motivate your continued quest in vegetarianism!!! :shifty: Don't say I never supported you :whistle:

Ok, I can't upload the files onto YouTube b/c they might suspend my account again :/ So download THIS(click!) and unzip it (no pun intended :shifty:). There are 2 files. Trust me you would not be disappointed ;)

Enjoy :wave:

I love fried spinach. So easy, so tastey.

Put it on a couple bagels and you got more iron than steak, more calcium than milk, just as much protein as eggs, more vitamins than the three of them combined and a heck of a lot less fat than each of them.

Win win.