Bellazon

Esteban Granero
Thumbnail

Nika 777

• 3 weeks later...

Granero: "We want this to be our year"

Real Madrid sponsor bwin caught up with Esteban Granero ahead of the team's match against Malaga.

"I am pretty sure we can keep another clean sheet if we continue playing the way we have been. It's crucial that we do so, especially on the road. Opponents gets more comfortable once they score a goal, so we need to be mindful of Malaga, who know how to play defensively and who have specific players who specialize in counterattacking. We need to be solid in defense and I am sure that we can score a goal or two with the offensive firepower we have."

"We need to focus on scoring. Anything can happen with the talent we have in attack. We are capable of scoring many goals, but I am even more confident that we won't concede many."

"Malaga have rebuilt and have many talented players. Their two wingers and forwards are their biggest threats because they are fast and can do a lot of damage on the counter. We must pressure in attack and seek the win."

"Real Madrid is always a favorite, but let's not speak of such things. Barcelona won the last league and they control their own fate. We want this to be our year and for Real Madrid to return to teh pinnacle of the football world. After two years of not winning a thing, we think it's our time. We have every incentive in the world to win."

"My versatility has always benefitted me. I have always been a center midfielder, but I have also adapted well to the wings when needed. Mourinho knows exactly where to play me and where I can best serve the team. Mourinho treats his players well, so I am sure he will play me where he sees fit."

I know RM.com is notorious for typos, but I want to believe that "teh pinnacle" was intentional.

• 2 weeks later...