Bellazon

Francisco Lachowski
Thumbnail

ewell666

From modaspot.com. (I used google translate, so there are translation issues.)

"The Brazilian model Francisco Lachowski, Ford Models, is the new poster boy of the Italian brand Dsquared2. The ads were winter 2012 in London by the duo Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott and also have other names like Saskia de Brauw and Emily Baker. Francisco also star sunglasses brand campaign, which will run from September, and three other brands: Armani Exchange, Ermanno Scervino, and Issey Miyake.

In the international catwalks, the Brazilian also had success. In men's fashion week Paris and Milan , Francisco crossed the runway and was present 16 times in shows like Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Ermenegildo Zegna, Giorgio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Versace and Thierry Mugler."

If it's accurate, it's great news about the other campaigns.

I only know of 15 shows- 12 in Milan and 3 in Paris (Mugler, Issey Miyake and Alexis Mabille).

From modaspot.com. (I used google translate, so there are translation issues.)

"The Brazilian model Francisco Lachowski, Ford Models, is the new poster boy of the Italian brand Dsquared2. The ads were winter 2012 in London by the duo Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott and also have other names like Saskia de Brauw and Emily Baker. Francisco also star sunglasses brand campaign, which will run from September, and three other brands: Armani Exchange, Ermanno Scervino, and Issey Miyake.

In the international catwalks, the Brazilian also had success. In men's fashion week Paris and Milan , Francisco crossed the runway and was present 16 times in shows like Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Ermenegildo Zegna, Giorgio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Versace and Thierry Mugler."

If it's accurate, it's great news about the other campaigns.

I only know of 15 shows- 12 in Milan and 3 in Paris (Mugler, Issey Miyake and Alexis Mabille).

A similar article was on another Brazilian site yesterday, but they listed the 16 shows. They had Carlo Pignatelli and Ceremonia as 2 separate shows, instead of 1, which is how they got to 16.

On another topic- Francisco was at Star & Co. Casting yesterday in London.

From ArmaniExchange's Twitter:

@AngelAlessandra + her @ArmaniExchange BOYS are super-sexy MADE IN BRAZIL!!!

v4ecq.jpg

Definitely seems like Marlon + Francisco will be doing the next A/X campaign with Alessandra Ambrosio! Talk about gorgeous. But I do kind of miss Irina Shayk for AX. Irina + Francisco + Marlon are ideal looks in my opinion.

And I love how Francisco's arm completely skips Alessandra and extends all the way to Marlon. LOL True Besties!

The August issue of U Magazine with Francisco's editorial by Shirley Yu is expected to be online approx Aug 10th.

Also, FFW posted a new interview with Francisco- http://ffw.com.br/noticias/francisco-lacho...-internacional/ Here is a translation (done with an online translator, so there are probably mistakes. If any portuguese readers see something that needs fixed, please let me know).

"
What was your expectation when you decided to start modeling? Did you believe you had a future career or was it an “I’m not doing anything, let’s see what happens”?

When I received the invitation to be a model, at that time I was getting ready for college entrance exams, so I thought to myself, “Let’s see what will give and let go, what comes is gain” (laughs). Soon won the contest from Ford Models, started working and realized that modeling is a profession that must be taken seriously.

You remember your first modeling job? How was it? Did you feel comfortable?

My first job was a parade that my cousin held in Curitiba. At the time, it was part of Ford’s regional and casting and I had already participated in the Super Model contest. I remember that the parade had other models in the agency. I just felt uncomfortable time to do makeup, using foundation on my face (laughs). I also remember that this work received my first pay: 100 reais.

What did you think of fashion as soon as you began working as a model?

To be honest, I did not know much about the fashion market. Gradually I discovered more about this universe through my friends who have worked as models at the time. They told me stories about the trips, the parades and the work they had done. It was not until I started traveling that I was figuring it out better.

What surprised you in this universe when you started working?

For a model, nothing is easy. Especially when you have to travel to a place where you do not know anyone, do not know the culture and have to adapt to a new routine. When I went to Paris to participate in my first parade season, it was very difficult. I was 17 and the first month I really missed my family and my friends in Brazil. Not counting the many castings I had to participate and the “no’s” I received from customers. It certainly bothered me a lot.

Something still surprise you?

No. All the while I’m modeling, I’ve seen and participated in many changes in this market and nothing surprises me. Every day something new happens, a new standard of beauty and I think the best you have to do is try to adapt.

For those who see the outside, it seems that your career reached a high point in a very short time, you feel it too, or things in your perception were more drawn?

I think that is a junction of three factors that are needed for a modeling career to go well- luck, dedication and professionalism. I’m working in this profession for two years and as I said, it was not easy at first. I think what I’ve achieved so far is thanks to my efforts and I also know that there are still many paths to tread.

As a person, you feel changed after you began working with fashion? How?

Much has changed. At the time took in stride a bit and tried to take advantage of business trips to enjoy. Now, at 20, I am increasingly concerned about my career and I’m living a stage where I can discuss and decide with my agents which are the most important works for my image. I am also making savings to invest in the future. These changes are part of my maturing process and I am very happy."

I think it's a good interview. :)