Bellazon

Ms Word

Recently everytime I open a Word document, it automatically creates another document except the the file name is slightly different.

For example, when I open the document "FinalPaper.doc," A similar document in a slightly invisible icon is created, "~$inalpaper.doc"

Could anyone help me to fix this? :)

^ Oh ok :) But it wasn't like that before. Is there a way to get it stop doing it? :idk:

Thanks for helping Keith and TooBoku :flower:

Oh... you want it to do that. It's saved my ass plenty of times. When you close word, it should get rid of that file automatically though.

If I understand it correctly, backup copies have the WBK extension, not .doc. Also, if you look at the size of these files, they're considerably smaller in size than the one you work in, thus they couldn't possibly be an exact copy of the file (open them up too). Since these files are actually hidden, if you turn off "hidden files and folders" (no reason to have it turned on really) then you won't notice they're there.

• 2 years later...
Recently everytime I open a Word document, it automatically creates another document except the the file name is slightly different.

For example, when I open the document "FinalPaper.doc," A similar document in a slightly invisible icon is created, "~$inalpaper.doc"

Could anyone help me to fix this? :)