Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Absolutely agree with you 2. KK should make a name bigger than just "another VS angel". A few years back she won a Model Award, but after that, you rarely see her in any other shows besides VS.

As far as Heidi, she does work a lot, but not for VS. Aside from being the spokesmodel for the return of the ??? bra (just sliped my mind) and the Lexington opening in NYC next week, that's it. Adriana, on the other hand, did a ton of VS press this year.

But Joe dont forget that Heidi cant do much launches during the year her schedule is just too hectic. Project Runway takes alot out of her every year and she does have a family to think about aswell she only does the occasional stuff for VS every now and then. Other then VS Adriana has Maybleine she has more time in a year to do all the promo and campaigns for VS and thats the thing anyway they constantly use Adriana for all that stuff...She is basically the head girl of VS at the moment anyway the only time Heidi gets all this attention is around the show and its justified seeing as how she has been with the company the longest and is the most well known out of all the girls...Ill admit yes if she did leave it will open room for them to use Adr and Ale more but atleast they do more work for VS then Heidi does anyway...

Oh and dont forget that XMAS commerical the new one was all about Adriana...Heidi had like 5 seconds and thats about it

I didn't say she's lazy, I know she works a ton. I was just saying that her schedual has so much other stuff that she no longer lives, eats, sleeps, drinks, and dreams VS. She does all that for PR, her jeans, her jewelery, etc, etc. But yeah, she swamped with work. I could tell that from the Bloomingdale's signing.

Oh God, ... I hope that weird guy's not at the Lexington opening. He like stalks Heidi, but hates VS promotions. I really don't want to see him again. And after what he said about Adri last time, I really might not be able to hold myself back this time.

Alright Alright, break it up. Break it up.

On a different subject, what do you all think of the music for this year. Personally, I haven't listened to it or seen any youtube things of the show yet, because I don't want to ruin Dec. 3 . But do you guys think the music was good tis year.

And also , there are usually like 12 pairs of wings and I've only seen like 8. Was that it or were there 4 new wings in the finale??

Is not jealousy ... Is just that for a lot of people (& im one of them of course) doesn't look fair that Heidi is gettin' all the attention, im not saying that Adriana is the only one who deserves attention. I think ALL the angels deserves more attention ...

My favorite Angel as everyone knows is Adriana, but is not like i want her to be the next Heidi b/c probably in three years im going to be sick of her too ... IMO VS just needs to treat all the Angels in the same way.

Just look at Gisele she did get a lot of attention when she was w/VS, but she wasn't eveeeeeeeeeeeerywhere ... We saw her in a lot of things w/VS but no one was sick of her

No, I see what you're saying. I'm of course an Iza fan, but also an Adri, Ale, Heidi, etc fan. I'll be objective. When Gisele was with VS, it wasn't like she was Heidi is now for one huge reason.

BALANCE

There were the 3 Arch-Angels: Gisele, Heidi, Tyra

They were perfectly balanced and complimented each other. They had huge runway name and/or editorial names (such as SI). Everyone knew them, and those who didn't were introduced to them during AAA Tour. VS never had to say "these are our lead angels". Everyone knew they were. With Tyra leaving in 05 and Heidi's 06 absence it was like Gisele was the leader. (Eventhough that was far from the case) The media just had to go with something. Then Gisele left, and the media is like "who's the lead angel" (which was a misconception from the start) There was even a point when they said that Ale was approached to be the lead angel, but she said "the angels are all equal, and have no leader". But that wasn't good enough for the media. Then when they saw Heidi back they said" oh boy, they have a leader again" (they didn't get the picture that there is no leader).

Since Heidi is one of the original Arch-Angels, the media will always believe she's the leader. It's the same idea of why there is so much misconception about who's an Angel ....it's the media.

In summary: It's not Heidi's fault, it's the media. Heidi has so much stuff on her plate, she doesn't need to hog the VS spotlight, it's the media. What VS needs to do is have another AAA tour, where they introduce America to the "new Angels". But as far as that...I think the Angel ranks are a little shaky right now...so if anything we might see that in a few years.

Well, you're probably right CandyBoy ...

I think that VS really really needs to do another AAA, that would be perfect ... The world needs to see all the new angels

What I don't understand is how the Angel grouping got soo off course. I mean, not that the new girls aren't good, I mean, KK was really rising fast and wore the fantasy bra in 2003 eventhough I don't think she was an angel yet and by 2005, and 2006 her and Gisele were like counter parts. They went great together.

And from show like 2002(I think) yu could see how the leaders of VS loved Adri and were so proud of how she grew up before their eyes.

And Ale even trained one of the new girls (I believe 2003). Then she was the PINK spokesmodel, which never really went anywhere as far as her being part of the line in the show.

I mean KK, Adri, and Ale are famous, but I don't understand why they haven't been taken to a higher level. You know what I mean. Now some would say because they didn't do as much branching out as the others, ad maybe that's it, but that question I don't have an answer for.

But these new "media focus girls" Selita and Miranda for example. You always hear the media talk about them and want to hear what they think, but they haven't really done as much as some of the others. For the record I'm not bashing them or saying they don't deserve it. For example, I love Miranda and I'm so glad she's an Angel, but I don't understand why she's in the lime light more than some of the others (probably Orlando Bloom).

Now I know Adri dislikers etc. will say what about her, she got a lot of press this year, ... but that's my point. One second the media is hooked on Adri, the next Heidi, the next Selita, etc, etc, etc, now Doutzen and Behati. We need a more centered Angel Force.

I just have a feeling that VS knows this deep down inside and that's why I say the ranks are shaky. We shall see what the future holds.

Heidi really can't help her fame give her a break, it is totally not her fault! (well maybe it is,bc she actually has a name outside of vs) lol

Heidi is famous for many reasons but one big thing that sets her apart from most of the other angels is the fact that once upon a time, she brought something "new" to the world of modeling. ie: she brought back the look of the healthy model when waifs were ruling the runways". What have the other angels done besides looking pretty and modeling lingerie? seriously, it's just not enough to become a household name, no matter how pretty or beautiful one maybe. So Heidi definitely has that advantage on them...(not her fault!)