Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Well I have ideas right now, but no images yet. It probably won't be this month or next hopefully by summer. Or maybe I'll give you asneak peak at one to see where I'm heading .. but not much, because I have a bigger plan in mind. I'll tell you about it later buddy. ;)

:heart:

I hadn't seen the 2003 show since it aired on TV, but I do remember watching it. I watched it again for the first time in a long time and found a few editing errors. Not so much goofs but a lot of really questionable cuts. I won't post my findings here, though. You'll need to go to the VSFS 2003 thread for that.

Anyway, so I'm watching the 2008 show again and, as usual, all I'm doing is noticing all of the bad editing goofs. It is kinda difficult to watch the show now with an open mind, unlike before. Check it out, the biggest piece of editing suspicion to me was the Usher performance of "This Ain't Sex". I couldn't figure it out until now.

First off, when you watch Usher's performance, notice that there's no bass player on the stage. The entire song has a funky bass line....but no bass player! You got two keyboardists, a drummer, a guitar player, three back-up singers and two trumpet players. All of them aren't playing in tune with the melody simply because they aren't playing one! It's so obvious that the musical track being played onstage is pre-recorded but Usher (and the back-up singers) are singing live.

Secondly, look at Usher's sleeve collars after he removes his coat. Between every two shots, his collar sleeves switch from being folded up to his wrists to being rolled all the way up to his elbows. If you were to play the Usher Drinking Game, take a drink every single time you see his sleeves change position and you'd be sh*t-faced by the middle of the song.

Its a pretty big editing flaw (but not a goof) and its amazing how Usher did the same exact performance twice. Here, watch the Youtube video and you prove me wrong.

BTW, its so dumb how the same edited Usher video was uploaded by over 10 different people on Youtube (except for the one I chose above).

:laugh:

IMO I think these inconsistencies are pretty unnoticeable. They're not huge mishaps. Nor are the models passing (left or right ) ones. I think we're getting a little too crazy with the differences. There's of course gonna be inconsistencies because it's 2 shows together and they edit in the best angels so the home viewers can get the full picture.

However, I see say that Miranda one (with Glamour Goddess Miranda popping up backstage during Ballet De Fleurs) is still a noteworthy goof. As well as no finale walk. (Eventhough I know it's not like a full segment left out) There were pics of the final outfit girls walking solo and not crowded in a line. But I wasn't at the show so I don't know if something was left out (like the 2007 finale girls) or if this was all there was. But there were pics of girls like KK, Maryna and others walking in the finale outfit and not having a bunch of girls beside them as they would of if they just filed onto stage to wave goodbye (like was shown on TV).

I thought so. I don't have many, but you're welcome to the ones I have. If anyone has more please post them in the runway section, or at least tell me where to find them.

Maryna had such an amazing necklace. and it wasn't even shown much :|

post-21980-1231436344_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1231436354_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1231436361_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1231436373_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1231436379_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1231436387_thumb.jpg

post-21980-1231436394_thumb.jpg

Here's my whacky conspiracy theory about the finale: The girls who get placed in the finale will get cut in the following year's show. Did you notice that? Most of the girls who were placed in the finale (that wasn't shown on TV) of the 2007 show were CUT from the 2008 show!

Look at this list of the 17 models that were in the 2007 finale:

MARIJA VUJOVIC, EUGENIA VOLODINA, ERIN WASSON, JESSICA WHITE, OLUCHI ONWEAGBA, ANDI MUISE, HANA SOUKUPOVA, ELISE CROMBEZ, CANDICE SWANEPOEL, LINDSAY ELLINGSON, BEHATI PRINSLOO, FLAVIA DE OLVEIRA, MORGANE DUBLED, ROSIE HUNTINGTON WHITELEY, NOEMIE LENOIR, ANGELA LINDVALL, CAROLINE WINBERG

The ones highlighted in RED were cut and the rest safely made it to the 2008 show. For the 2008 show, a lot of popular models were placed in the finale (like Miranda and KK), so does that mean that they'll get the boot? Now you're probably saying "Yeah, but other girls who weren't in the finale got cut, too". True, but I'm not talking about them. It's a crazy theory but I'm sure it will happen.

I don't think it's conspiracy.

Look at 2006, Iza and some of the other girls were in the finale walk but they keft that part in. Although it was fast. Same with 05. There is always a finale outfit for each girl. I just don't get ... if you go through the trouble of making the outfit (no matter how generic), why not show it in the TV show?

As far as that Flavia pic. I didn't notice that. I dom't think that's someone walking back, so maybe that was from the group pic. But the others are solo. Definitely KK's

So guys ^^

I'm not sooo into such little details BUT..... look at these Up and Down monitors in KK's solo picture....there is a different Backround than in the Black Tie Holiday Segment and look at this pic I capured right after KK was shown Backstage: there is also a different Backround...... so I think there was a walk of the other Models ^^

post-7669-1231506410_thumb.png

Yeah, there was. It was so they could show the fire works that were shot behind the Hotel in the 2nd taping.

Also ... in the concept art for the show I beleive the BTH and the Finale were different drawings. But I might be wrong so don't quote me.

I don't think it's conspiracy.

Look at 2006, Iza and some of the other girls were in the finale walk but they keft that part in. Although it was fast. Same with 05. There is always a finale outfit for each girl. I just don't get ... if you go through the trouble of making the outfit (no matter how generic), why not show it in the TV show?

As far as that Flavia pic. I didn't notice that. I dom't think that's someone walking back, so maybe that was from the group pic. But the others are solo. Definitely KK's

I don't think they were solo walking down the runway. As for KK: When you look at the posted pic of her, you can in the right corner something black - that's part of Carmen Kass's outfit ;-)

I don't think there was a finale walk. I'm almost 100% positive of it now. I looked at the 2 line up boards for who walks when. And KK and the others are for the finale,but they all walk together. I also took into consideration what VSfan88 said and looked at any pics I have of the finale and I can see that all those pics may look single, but if you zoom out you would see that they are all walking together.

This is based on a bunch of obsevations and input from many people here who got me thinking. So thanks to everyone for this revelation.

I'll give one ex:

KK. In that pic she looks like she's solo on the runway. But look at this pic.

post-21980-1231562043_thumb.jpg

The models divide in the middle and each side walks in a U. KK is closest to the door at the start and thus is last to exit the runway. Thus why no one is behind her. i'll only give this as an example. If anyone else finds some feel free to post them ... I feel that this one is sufficient.

I've had an assful of this show. Everyone loves it but all I see is nothing but blatant inconsistencies. Maybe next time....how about just doing ONE show and keeping the flashy MTV style cuts to a minimum. Y'hear me, all you floozy billionaire execs at VS? NO ONE CARES.

Oh, and speaking of floozy, did anyone happen to see Odette Yustman in the crowd during the show? I didn't know she attended the show until just a few days ago and it kinda threw me off-guard to see her in a couple of shots at the end. Who's Odette Yustman, you ask? Two words: Google Search. But if you're too lazy to find out, take a look at the screencaps below and you figure out which one she is.

32007370.5ee7a1.jpg

32007371.a2d309.jpg

^ I know who she is and I don't know what makes her more special than everyone else :cain:

You know, I just did 'google' her as per VampireHorde's suggestion.

Frankly I just wasted my time!

Maybe I just read to much in to it, but I was hoping at the very least that she used to be man...

No - just another 'celeb' alongside all the other liggers and 'turn-up-to-the-opening-of-an-envelope' crowd who some bloody editor decided that I would be far more interested in seeing looking at a stage than, say, Behati, Rosie, Candice, Inguna, Ana Beatriz who were on the damn stage and actually worth looking at. <_<

Like Senorita PinkCouture, I don't quite know either!

Aww, why you gotta hate on Odette? She's a SoCal girl like me (okay, not really)! Sure, she's a floozy Megan Fox clone, but she's a lot more down to earth than, say......Summer Glau (ugh, I HATE Summer Glau, long story......).

Anyway, the Victoria's Secret Angels are back in the magazines! The February 2009 issue of Maxim (which is their non-celebrity swimsuit issue) features pictures of the girls from WAY back in November. Some pics I've seen and some not. I'm currently scanning the other models in the issue and those scans will appear elsewhere............

MAXIM SWIMSUIT ISSUE

FEBRUARY 2009

Click on the thumbnail to view the UHQ scan!

32015580.018ca1.jpg 32015601.1a7827.jpg

Candice's butt shot is either a bad camera angle or she's got major cellulite and Adriana looks totally constipated. Well, good thing she's wearing a WHITE bikini.

Aww, why you gotta hate on Odette? She's a SoCal girl like me (okay, not really)! Sure, she's a floozy Megan Fox clone, but she's a lot more down to earth than, say......Summer Glau (ugh, I HATE Summer Glau, long story......).

Ah no, don't get me wrong. I have no issue with Odette Yustman - no more nor less than anyone else who was there. I just read too much into your message (Who's Odette Yustman, you ask? Two words: Google Search.) and was expecting some BIG revelation about her!

No - I just object to the idea of watching people watching a show. I don't know about you lot but I think that's pretty bloody stupid...