Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

:heart:

@k_dub: As a lover of jazz music, it kinda irks me to hear you say that Chris Botti is a "sax player". Chris Botti is a trumpet player NOT a sax player. Dave Koz, Kenny G, and Dave Sanborn are sax players. I've had the privilege of seeing Chris Botti live in concert and unless I missed something, there is NO sax playing in any of his sets. Let's not get the two confused.

:laugh:

@k_dub: As a lover of jazz music, it kinda irks me to hear you say that Chris Botti is a "sax player". Chris Botti is a trumpet player NOT a sax player. Dave Koz, Kenny G, and Dave Sanborn are sax players. I've had the privilege of seeing Chris Botti live in concert and unless I missed something, there is NO sax playing in any of his sets. Let's not get the two confused.

Ok, you are right. He does play the trumpet. My bad. :blush:

Yeah, I've already noticed in 2006 that the VSFS will be performed two times. By the way: I think it's stupid that the media just made a little hype out of the fact that KK doesn't really have a bellybutton - c'mon guys: she does VS since 2000 and every year you can see her body which has no bellybutton!

PS: I'm getting used to the editing of the VSFS 2008 by now, although I still hate all the slowmotions! :S

Everyone is fond of the 2005-editing (and I love it too), but I think it was bad too that they actually presented the 5th segement as the 4th segment and the other way round! Someone ever noticed????

Y'know, here's what I don't understand. The show is filmed TWICE and then the best footage is edited together to make the show look flawless, yet the editors prefer to use the more "dramatic" edits rather than the "perfect" ones.

Many examples come to mind: Natasha Poly and Karolina losing a shoe on the runway. I'm sure they didn't lose it on the second walkthrough, yet the editors thought, "Let's use the shoe goof because it makes the girls looks human". Oh dear god, GO EFF YOURSELF!

Another example: Karolina's little red dress mishap in this year's show. I'm sure they were able to fix her up and it went perfectly the second time around, yet the editors decided to use the footage of Karolina looking like she missed the whole thing.

Another example: Jessica Stam's quick little stumble in the 2007 show. I'm sure she got it right the second time, but NOOO, they had to use the cut of her stumbling (and then her trying to keep a straight face).

I'm gonna go back and find every editing goof for the 2005, 2006 and 2007 shows. I'm gonna prove that these editors aren't as nifty and sly as they think they are.

hahaha - so you guys went from model bashing to musician bashing? :laugh:

VampireHord here's another mishap example: when you watch Behati in last year's show carefully, you will see that she almost FELL down! you can see it here on the pic ->post-23464-1230034836_thumb.jpg

who I can't recognize on following pic are the feet behind ale - who they belong to???? post-23464-1230034937_thumb.jpg

@vsfan: Yeah, I noticed that, too. But it was barely shown on the broadcast, so it doesn't really count. And the person that went before Alessandra in that shot was Bianca (the other set of legs belong to the cameraman).

It still bothers me that to find out the VS shows are filmed twice. I don't know why but I was assuming this whole time that everything was done once (like every fashion show) and that any imperfections that was seen on the broadcast was normal. Apparently, that's not the case.

But check this out, I did a segment-by-segment analysis of the 2005 & 2006 & 2007 VS shows and let me tell you that as each year gets bigger, the goofs get bigger as well. Yeah, that's right, I said "segment-by-segment", which means I had to watch nearly three hours of VS models walking over and over and, boy, is my arm tired.

Here's the breakdown: In the 2005 show, there's only FOUR editing goofs. In the 2006 show, there were SIX editing goofs. And in the 2007 show, there were....hold your breath...SEVENTEEN editing goofs. :shock: That's right, since the '07 show was plagued with editing goofs up the ass, I'm beginning to think that the show didn't go as well as it looked both times.

I will provide a shot-by-shot walkthrough (including some mishaps that you may have missed) to go with each editing goof but, unfortunately, I can't post them on this thread (it would be WAY off-topic), so you'll have to go to the other VS show threads to see them. Some of them were quite obvious, while the rest will surprise y'alls, I'm sure of it. ;)

well, it's not that good when the cameraman is walking on the runway as well <_<

I think it's ok that they perform the show twice. Last year, some girls (especially Adriana) were posing quite awfully, but in the second time it's much better (it could also be the other way round of course). Especially in this year's show: Adriana looked soooo beautiful in the modern-segment, because she posed like a model and it just amazed me... then I saw the alternative walk of that segment and she was AWFUL with all the heartbeat-movements and peace-signs with both hands and all the hands up as if she's trying to pursue a career as an animator (I LOVE Adriana, but that was too much though) :(

The only thing that bothers me with the two performances is the fact, when Heidi blew a kiss towards Seal in VSFS 2005. So, she did that twice? but it would mean that it was all rehearsed (??)

Some of that is rehersed. And sometimes not. For example for both :

2008: Heidi took of Usher's hat in rehersal and in both tapings --- rehersed

2007: Izabel pulls up alongside will i am and turns. In the recorded version she just walks. In the rehersal...she just walks.

So in summary sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. But I think Heidi's was more of spontaneous in rehersal and then something she decided to keep doing

I will provide a shot-by-shot walkthrough (including some mishaps that you may have missed) to go with each editing goof but, unfortunately, I can't post them on this thread (it would be WAY off-topic), so you'll have to go to the other VS show threads to see them. Some of them were quite obvious, while the rest will surprise y'alls, I'm sure of it. ;)

Wow, i can't wait to see that!