Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

6/10

The things I took from the show:

1. Marisa's walk was good the first time around. It went downhill from there, however she looked fabu

2. Very little focus on some of the models. Ale, Karolina, Adriana, Izabel. I'm ok with that.

3. The music choices [except the second seg] can suck my ass. Hiphop/Usher ftl!

4. Second seg and Pink were awesome.

5. lawlz @ Karolina....

6. Isabeli, Candice, Inguna, Ale, Marisa, Carmen, Flavia, Behati and a few of the Pink girls looked awesome!

7. VS needs to always have Spanish singers/men straddle bongos

8. Stop with the pointing. You want pointing... here _!_

9. Doutzen is built like a linebacker.

10. Heidi should retire... ASAP

11. The Who's who of the Audience = the fail

12. Show more Isabeli

13. Play World of Warcraft

14. Next year, VS needs to craft a better looking bra. I r know how to bedazzle shit too.

15. Why do Miranda's breast look fake?

16. Julia S had the best wings imo

17. Selita still reminds me of a tranny

18. I want to be Paris Hilton's BFF

19. Ana Beatriz looked amazing in her first outfit. Not so much in her second? o.O!

20. Half the models faces looked gaunt, and a little crackish....

21. Bring back Gisele....

This deserves 5 stars... out of 5 of course :nicole:

I think i might actually like it this yr the things i know i wont like are def the who's who of the crowd erghh thats annoying, but i mean other then that all the models looked great thats for sure amd the segments,outfits,music etc all seems good...

Its so shocking because we all went from hating PINK to liking it this yr lol

6/10

1. Marisa's walk was good the first time around. It went downhill from there, however she looked fabu

2. Very little focus on some of the models. Ale, Karolina, Adriana, Izabel. I'm ok with that.

5. lawlz @ Karolina....

6. Isabeli, Candice, Inguna, Ale, Marisa, Carmen, Flavia, Behati and a few of the Pink girls looked awesome!

12. Show more Isabeli

14. Next year, VS needs to craft a better looking bra. I r know how to bedazzle shit too.

19. Ana Beatriz looked amazing in her first outfit. Not so much in her second? o.O!

This deserves 5 stars... out of 5 of course :nicole:

have to ask.....what is #5 lawlz??? :wave:

Well let's get this over with shall we.....

The first segment seemed to be more about the celebs there then the actual models. I don't want to look at some ugly redhead.....I WANT TO SEE CANDICE! That girl got screwed over in that segment. But I did like when Maryna hit Usher's butt, that was cute!

The PINK segment taught me something about KK, she should moonlight as a singer!

I didn't like the song in the flower segment or the fact they cut Julia's walk short to show Miranda running! But I loved when Doutzen was singing before she went out, so cutw!

Selita may look like a tranny, but that little Whitney Houston wannabe has some nice legs!

I thought I liked Adriana wings but I was wrong and I didn't care for Candice's either!

The editor should be fired!

The music sucked, I only liked the finale song!

And did anyone else feel a lack of enegry?

Or was that just me?

Is anybody watching the show on VSHolic? Uhmm i don't know why it just says: CONNECTING... and then it says: STOPPED ... i'm going crazy, it's 2:14am and i'm sleepy, i'm anxious and i'm gonna die if i don't see that damn thing before go sleep :no: :angry: :cry2: :cry: :cry:

I woke up 5:20 am (Germany) I was soooo excited to watch the show there at 7 am and then I read the just support Explorere and Firefox and I tried the thing for mac... (because I have a mac) but it doesn´t work!! So today the day start really bad :( I could cry!

^So little energy :no:

Ok so the music in the Mod bit was great!

But if I hear Love Lockdown one more time...

Something I just noticed that is seriously irking me:

After the Ballet de Fleurs section, in which Miranda wore her

lovely butterfly wing ensemble, they show Miranda running

backstage and rushing to get changed, for dramatic effect.

Except she's wearing her damn Goddess outfit. From the FIRST

section! She has changed TWICE since that shot was taken.

Thats downright, poor editing :angry:

Also, the fake applause was so lame.

& the Adriana/$bra was so anticlimactic!

But I didn't think that the show was that bad...

I quite enjoyed it, to be honest. :p

Maybe it's because my hopes weren't very high

:laugh:

Certainly wasn't memorable though.

When will VS get it right, again?!

:chicken:

6/10

5. lawlz @ Karolina....

12. Show more Isabeli

You are fantastic, this post made my night :laugh:

:thumbsup:

Is anybody watching the show on VSHolic? Uhmm i don't know why it just says: CONNECTING... and then it says: STOPPED ... i'm going crazy, it's 2:14am and i'm sleepy, i'm anxious and i'm gonna die if i don't see that damn thing before go sleep :no: :angry: :cry2: :cry: :cry:
I feel really sorry for you! :o

I hope you got/get it to work :hug:

:heart:

Okay, I just finished watching (and capping) the show here in the West coast and I thought it was awesome! The Pink section ROCKED! I cheered my ass off after it was over! All of you people that didn't like the Pink section are OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!!! IT WAS MUTHER'EFFING BRILLIANT!!!

In terms of energy, the show was 50-50. Most of the catwalk segments needed better music and the ones chosen just made it flat. It's no fault of the models, just the fault of the person that chose the music. But the Pink section ROCKED! It was absolutely brilliant that they played the Ting Tings song "That's not my Name" and I applaud whoever chose that song. KUDOS!

To answer the question of "Who is Victoria?" My answer is eff Victoria. EFF HER.

Note to VS: Don't ever bring back Lara Stone and let's not focus too much on slow motion, okay? AND THE PINK SECTION ROCKED! WOO!!!

:laugh:

I think the show was pretty good. Decent enough. I enjoyed Usher performance, as well as that guy singing with the conga drumming. The rest of the music, though, I really didn't care for. I liked the Dangerous segment the best. It was kinda cool to see the models pose and do a little dance in the middle of their walk. But what was with the cut when Morgane Dubled was walkling down the runway? I didn't fuck with the other models walking out and what was going on backstage when SHE WAS WALKING!!! :mad: I liked the Pink Segment as well, but only because it wasn't as cheesy as THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!!! :D The women dancing in the background was pretty cool as well.

So there it is. Highs and lows. Not bad, but not great. Decent enough, though. Expections were not too high, so better than I thought it would be.

well, dang!

1. The PINK segment was the best..AWESOME actually.

2. Heidi was there just too much and obviously, REALLY, REALLY loves herself but she looked pretty darn good....definitely doesn't look like the oldest girl there :whistle:

3. Adriana surely did rock the show! The bra thing was like no big deal, no applause, nothing. Who even would have paid attention if we hadn't already known what the bra looked like?? Still, Adriana was impressive.

4. Ale looked amazing....still too much arm waving but very gorgeous.

5. Behati really surprised me.......very cute and fit right in.

6. Selita surprised me, too. She was clearly a crowd pleaser along with Adriana. She can still tone it down a bit but she really knows how to work it.

7. I'm just plain mad about the way they showed KK's mishap with the dress. They might as well have slapped her in the face by embarrassing her so bad. There was NO reason whatsoever to have that in. They had plenty of other things they could have shown. GRRRRRRRR! They taped 2 whole shows!!! Couldn't find any other footage??

8. Miranda is just fabulous. Can't say a bad thing about her.

9. Don't know what to say about Candice 'cuz we didn't see her. Ana BB, why didn't they show more of her???

10. Did show toooo much of Heidi and Marisa. Very unclassy. How do they keep talking their way to the front of every single thing???????? Give it a rest!!! I think we all wanted to see more of the other girls, too.

11. I actually thought Marisa walked good for her first walk but went downhill quickly. Her end of the runway poses left me cold but in the beginning, I thought I'd like her and I really, really tried. :blink: Still isn't a runway model at all. Her black outfit was lookin' good, though, on a positive note.

12. Douty fit right in, I thought. She really does have an amazing look.

13. The Latin music sucked a big one. :yuckky: :yuckky:

14. Disappointed that Julia looked so awkward in her wings. I love Julia but this wasn't her night. I didn't think she'd make it to the end!

15. Next year, I'm going to take the editors and lock them in a closet until I get done editing! My gawwwwwd! What were they smoking?

16. Which blonde was it that tripped on the steps and was wearing white?

17. Oh, before I edit, I'm choosing the performers, too. I thought I'd like Usher and maybe the Latin guys but it didn't work for me.

18. I loved watching the girls dance backstage and sing.

19. I don't even know how I feel about the runway. I was so busy waiting for the show to get better that I didn't have much time to think about it.

20. SLO-MO??? Did they take another hit off what they were smoking??

21. Lara????????

My God, people at V.S.! Wake up! Hear what we say!!!

I'll say it again. THE PINK SEGMENT rocked!! Back to the drawing board for the show and the choice of a lot of the models, though. And, I'm really sad about that. I was soooooo hoping it wouldn't stink like it did. *Sob*

My thoughts while watching the show

So : The opening was quite good Alessandra was WOW :drool: !

Glamour Godess

Music was quite dull, and they cut Izabel's walk :angry: !! So far the editing is quite bad. We see too much of Usher actually, even though I think he does a fine job. His performance is good. Hate Selita's wig.

Who's Victoria ? Who cares! :cain: That was booooring.

Liked the part about the girls preparation and rehersals.

Dangerous

Marisa's walk was just as bad as last year even though her pose at the end of the runway was much better. Flavia or Carmen would have been better openers. Noémie was OK on the first half of the runway, a hot mess on the other half (seriously, dancing, kissing the singer :x ). Morgane was HOT :drool: and Ana BB was great as usual :heart: . Lara was just bad and Sessilee not a great addition either. Didn't really like the music. The energy was low.

Marisa falling down the stairs LOL!

The MOderns

It was about time Alessandra opened a segment. She was lovely! :clap: HATED Selita's outfit! It looked like she had no torso. Arlenis was dull. Marisa's walk made me laugh out loud. Seriously, she needs a runway coach right now. And again the music was not good.

Anecdotes about guys.

Noemie's anecdote was funny. French wannabe rappers are so like that.

Pink

Behati had great energy, even though showing her butt was a bit unnecessary. Erin was pretty bad. Her walk is just not good and she's not that pretty. Same with Abbey Lee. Shannan was over the top. I hated her dancing. Edita was lovely :wub: . Hated Lindsay Ellington. She's just wrong for lingerie. Way too skinny ! Why did VS stop using Heather Marks? She's much better : better body and better walk. Overall it was OK but I prefered last year's Pink segement. Better energy.

Usher's solo

It's the first time I see a live performance of him, and I have to say he's a great stage performer. I was impressed.

Ballet de fleurs

Miranda's butterfly wings were lovely. Sessilee was a wrong choice IMO for this segment. I would have prefered Edita. Julia should be given wings again. Her walk is bad, she makes them look really heavy.

Black Tie Holiday

Beautiful outfits. The million dollar bra was given almost no attention all. What's up with that ? :blink: And too much pointing!

So overall I found the show not as good as it could have been. The energy was low, the music dull. Bad editing. They show too much things. It wasn't a great show, despite a generally good cast. Much better than last year though.