Bellazon

Naomi Campbell
Thumbnail

happycanadian2

• 2 weeks later...

Naomi is buissy in Beverly Hills has new plans for the future after visiting Malindi, Kenya.

British super model, Naomi Campbell hinted that she might start an international modelling college in the country. The world-renowned catwalk icon lavished words of love on Kenya, saying she would like her children to spend sometime in the country. Naomi Campbell has gone on a mission around Africa to recruit more black supermodels. The 37-year-old beauty has contacted scouts in Kenya to start looking for talent and plans to set up an agency in Nairobi. Speaking in Kenya, Campbell explained, "I believe there are pretty girls from your lovely country who can grace the international catwalk and the front pages of fashion magazines. Anything which increases the pool of African talent is a good thing, but it will be a while before we see a big change in the industry."

And she has slammed Vogue magazine saying that the magazine is very biased to the white models. The black beauty says that she herself finds it very tough to make it to the cover page of the magazine. Naomi said to Times Online: "Black models are being sidelined by the major modelling agencies. It is a pity that people do not appreciate black beauty. Even myself, I get a raw deal from my own country in England.Only white models, some of whom are not as prominent as I am, are put on splash pages."

Photos from viply.de and Simon Harris.

post-7822-1188162014_thumb.jpg

post-7822-1188162030_thumb.jpg

post-7822-1188162041_thumb.jpg

post-7822-1188163786_thumb.jpg

post-7822-1188163797_thumb.jpg

Naomi Campbell slammed Vogue magazine saying that the magazine is very biased to the white models. The black beauty says that she herself finds it very tough to make it to the cover page of the magazine. Naomi said to Times Online: "Black models are being sidelined by the major modelling agencies. It is a pity that people do not appreciate black beauty. Even myself, I get a raw deal from my own country in England.Only white models, some of whom are not as prominent as I am, are put on splash pages."

More in "The Independent".

post-7822-1188703278_thumb.jpg

Naomi rocks for Swarovski.

Top model Naomi Campbell, the face of the Swarovski Fashion Rocks campaign, says with pride, "I participated in the first Fashion Rocks which took place in my hometown of London. ...London is buzzing at the moment with top talent, cutting edge designers and some of the best music in the world."

The event, from which proceeds will help a significant number of underprivileged youth, will be held at The Royal Albert Hall in London on October 18th, 2007. It will also be televised on Channel 4 in the UK and worldwide from late October.

Source: fashionrocks.co.uk, credits to and pics from: swarovski.com

post-7822-1188704061_thumb.jpg

post-7822-1188704078_thumb.jpg