Bellazon

Naomi Campbell
Thumbnail

happycanadian2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, NuTi_NuTa said:

Town & Country March 2017.

Photographer: Max Vadukul.

On walking the runway—and what it’s like now at age 46: “I feel nervous when I walk out [onto the runway]. I just try to make it down in one piece and make it back in one piece. I enjoy it, but I’m nervous. Especially now. I mean, I’m 46, and these girls are 21 or 18… I don’t know if it’s about the age thing, necessarily, but for me there’s always a vulnerability there.”

On her drive to take action after Hurricane Katrina: “I was shocked seeing all these people walking around the streets of New Orleans with nowhere to go, with their homes in their bags. So I picked up the phone and called Teddy Forstmann, who owned IMG at the time, and said I needed to put together a benefit show in seven days.”

On her relationship with Nelson Mandela: “He was always there for me, and he never judged me. He was very instrumental in showing me that I have the ability to help others. He’s the one who sent me to do fieldwork for his children’s fund, and when I would get too emotional in the beginning he would coach me about crying in front of the kids and learning to deal with it.”