Bellazon

Lady Gaga
Thumbnail

UltraLoveMoon7

V magazine’s issue 109

On the people who help her everyday: “I have these wonderful powerful women in my life. They wake me up every day and make sure I am powerful, feeling good and strong. And also the gay men in my life. I would be lying if I said there weren’t some straight men on my team, but to me it’s the women and the gay men around me who give me strength.”

On her latest album: “For me, Joanne, in the simplest terms, it’s the classic stories of our lives that help us return to who we really are, no matter how lost we get. You can always go back to a loss, or the pain of a pending loss, or a challenging struggle in your family life, or your childhood. And when you go back to that place, it somehow brings you back to where you were in the beginning. And for me, that’s what writing this album was all about. Because after The Fame Monster and subsequent albums, I felt that there was a part of me that was connecting on a human level with the public and part of me that was connecting on a whole new level, one that I had been wanting to connect with them on, a sort of fantastic magical level. And now, I want more of that connection.”

On her love for horses: “I guess, when I moved to California, the sunlight was really good for me—I was happy. The sunshine helped to keep an optimism in my music. And while out there, I developed a special connection to horses. It began when my record label gave me a horse for my birthday: an Arabian mare named Arabella. I had never taken a horse- riding lesson. I literally did not know how to ride a horse. But I just grabbed her by the mane and rode her bareback. She’s so well-trained that when I was about to fall o her, she stepped to the side to collect me. I also got her a boyfriend, Trigger—a stallion—because I didn’t want her to be alone. With him, I have to ride with a saddle. When I ride him, it always makes me feel so powerful, because he is so powerful. There’s no pressure. I just get on the horse and go. It’s sort of a metaphor for all the guys I’ve been with.”

lady-gaga-v-magazine-01.jpg lady-gaga-v-magazine-02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Lady Gaga makes a surprise appearance to perform on stage at the Deep From the Heart: The One America Appeal concert to raise money for hurricane relief efforts.

The concert, which took place on Saturday (October 21) in College Station, Texas, also featured all five of the living former Presidents, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, and Jimmy Carter.

lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-01.jpg lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-02.jpg lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-04.jpg lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-06.jpg lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-08.jpg lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-11.jpg lady-gaga-surprise-appearance-texas-benefit-12.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lady Gaga is headed to Las Vegas for a residency

The 31-year-old entertainer confirmed the news herself after rumors spread that she would be doing a Vegas show at the Park Theater at Park MGM. She’s committed to two years, starting in December of 2018.

“The rumors are true I will have my own residency in Las Vegas at MGM’s Park Theater,” Gaga wrote on her Instagram. “I am SO HAPPY and excited beyond belief to make my own brand new show here with my new Vegas family.”

Gaga also added, “And I couldn’t have done it without my amazing fans, little monsters and team. We love you so much. Meet me in Las Vegas!! This is just the beginning of a new era!”

In addition, Gaga said in a statement, “It’s the land of Elvis, Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra, the Rat Pack, Elton John, Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli. It has been a life-long dream of mine to play Las Vegas. I am humbled to be a part of a historical line-up of performers, and to have the honor of creating a new show unlike anything Vegas has ever seen before. I’ll tell you exactly what I told my MGM and Park Theater partners – you can count on this performer always for one thing…I’ll leave my heart on the stage every single night. Thank you to my fans for always believing in me. Meet me in Las Vegas baby, we did it!”

lady-gaga-las-vegas-residency-01.JPG lady-gaga-las-vegas-residency-02.JPG lady-gaga-las-vegas-residency-03.JPG

• 3 weeks later...