Bellazon

Who has been the greatest live act ever?

Greenpea

Who has been the greatest live act ever?

The best band or act you've ever seen?

The Stones, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Who, Bowie, Dylan, Kiss, Nirvana or someone else?

This Day in Music have just started a poll to find out. If you fancy voting for who you think should win go to http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

You can vote for any act, just go to 'other' on the list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If we're purely talking about the live act and performance, than for me it's easily Beck and the Roots.

Radiohead is a great band, I've attended two great live shows of them, but they don't stand out because of their live show. They just do an adequate job of bringing the magic from the album to the stage. Which is commendable in itself. I recently saw MGMT and they are crap live. As much as I love them on their album.

U2 are great, but they are also super-professional, which means that some of the early magic is gone. My two uncles did see them in the early 80s (their first gigs on the continent were in Belgium) and said they were amazing. They created an almost sacred atmosphere. But no band can keep that alive for close to three decades, especially not if you become "the biggest band in the world" along the way.

The Best concert i went to was prince(21 nights in london)...he was just sensational!!! As lilsurprises says what the man can do with a gutar is jaw dropping Never seen anything quite like that...Other faves are U2(vertigo tour) A very polished perfomance with a great atmosphere. Altho bono did go on a bit with his speaches about the 3rd world :ninja: Linkin Park(minuites to midnight) was insane..and the last two songs(place for your head and one step closer) was just amazing and i couldn't help myself but get out of my seat :laugh: Justin Timberlake(futurelovesex tour) was a great concert too(Timberland was there and he did a 45mins set in the middle..just fantastic :heart: Eric Clapton was a legend also...been quite lucky i guess :)

I've been lucky enough to have seen many a great gig, but my all-time favourite would have to be The White Stripes. If the chance to see them comes along again, take my advice and plunge in with both feet. Having been to my first Morrissey gig in February, I wholeheartedly agree that he's amazing too. And although they're getting increasingly populist these days, third place goes to Kings of Leon circa 'Aha Shake Heartbreak'.

Of the bands I'd most like to have seen in their prime, probably The Who and Nirvana.

• 6 months later...

Robert Cray was simply amazing when i saw him with Clapton.

Cray was just outstanding, i couldn't believe how great he sounded. No special effects or anything, just cray with his band, and amazing music.

Rush (my favorite band) put on 2 good shows when i went to see them aswell :)

But just from the music standpoint by far Robert Cray.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...