Bellazon

Emily Didonato
Thumbnail

sarnic

I guess we can all agree we hope for more from Emily. Some hope she becomes more outgoing with her fans and that she realizes that it would help her career as a model. Some hope she focuses on the modeling and does more. We all hope her modeling progresses.

Is it safe so say that as of now, she could be a bigger model than she is? Currently, I think she is a good model but not really as well known as others and her career could be better given everything she has going for her. She has one of the most beautiful and original faces in modeling. She is athletic and has the "all-american" thing that people like for commercial modeling.

Now that shes been in the business for about 5 years, I think she should have been a bigger model by now. Maybe getting Maybelline at the start of her career was, in a way, something that slowed her down. By getting a contract so early, she maybe wasnt as eager to work with different people and she was happy with the status quo??

When you look at models like Cara Delevingne, Candice Swanepoel, Doutzen Kroes, and Adriana Lima who at Emily's age were much bigger models, I think there is a legitimate argument that could be made that being more outgoing with fans is actually something she needs in order to propel her forward and live up to her given potential.

ap88 .... you are now starting to sound like a iTune stuck on repeat................. your opinions are well voiced over the past few pages but man ..........she aint gunna tweet :) and in reality Emily and her management team would be well versed in managing a career. And who knows she might be happy where she is, nothing wrong with that either. It is probably time to let the matter rest and let Emily get on with it!!

It's great how only "negative" opinions are the broken record, but the positive opinions regardless of how numerously voiced are never considered such. A forum is a place for discussions, a two way street so to speak and yet threads like Emily, Bar, Adriana and a few others all seem pretty one way. Wonder how many of these posts have been brought to mods attention because they're "not appropriate" or mean spirited. Just saying.

phenobarbie,it is weird to here from you,that we are against discussions and think that negative opinions are the broken record,especially after you wrote in Barbara Palvin thread when Appleauto and ILOVEBarbaraPalvin were discussing in which photos of VS she looks younger(your own quote)

phenobarbie

The Necronomicon

Members

7,075 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

Well Jesus Christ, no one ever announces that they are a Victoria's Secret Angel, because the term is thrown out there so much it means nothing. There is absolutely no connecting dots between her and a Transformers movie or hell her and Michael Bay beyond a Christmas commercial, and I highly doubt he's going to pounce on a new girl VS is looking at after he completely demolished Rosie's career. Doesn't seem like good business.. And whoever's brilliant idea it was to throw out that maybe she's going to announce that she got a cover like Sports Illustrated is beyond retarded. Seriously?

Post pretty pictures or gtfo!

Anyway,it is completely fine to voice negative opinion,but I don`t think you should do this on regular basis in the thread,which are supposed to be made for fans.If you are sick of me or others people,writing how stunning or lovely Emily is,then there is no need to visit this thread,find images by google or however

This discussion lasts about 4 pages,and I don`t see the point to continue it,because some people like AP88 started sound pathetic and they are writing the same stuff in their posts.

Good morning to you all BZ members. I've been reading all your posts in Emily's thread for a long time but, I feel like I should post my point of view and share it with everyone here. I don't agree with most of you who say negative things about Emily tweeting or not tweeting.

I think you expect too much from one person, a human being because that's what she is. She's a very cool girl with her virtues and defects like everyone else, sometimes she can be a pain in the ass but, all women are (most men will agree with me). She's very sweet and kind both on work and out of it. She's just pursuing her dreams and there's nothing wrong about it. Many of you says she's a shitty or cold person. That's not true, we all have good and bad days, many of us perfom a difficult job which stress us or make us look in a different way. Models look that way because we people make them that way but they aren't like that... they are just doing their dreams job.

Some people said something about giving a "TY" or some kind of feedback to fans anytime, now do you really think if you would be in her shoes do you really have time or the good mood to anwser not only to you but to thousand of people asking maybe the same question? I personally wouldn't answer at all, I would pay someone to maintain my public working profiles posting some work stuff but again that's me.

So people stop judging Emily from her tweets or posts or her online presence. Let her live and pursuit her dreams and admire her work like I do.

I also remember when we got news that Emily will be in Si,The Savior of the camelot wrote something like VOTE for Emily,because we need more models in Si like this,and not such tacky blondes as Kate Upton,his post was deleted in few hours.If somebody would have had such a long discussion in kate upton thread,mod will stop him already.People are not allowed to voice their negative opinions in Kate Upton thread,they are not even allowed to compare her with candice(as Angelnicole did),or to say that she looks like a playmate(the best body of the last decades)

phenobarbie

The Necronomicon

Members

7,075 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

swanepoelcandy, on Mar 14 2012, 03:51 AM, said:

Winner is Candice

hahahaha that is not a suprise

that is the truth

She has natural body

not look fake and her body is "elegant"

does not look "playmate's bodies"(that is the polite version of what I want to say)

wait.. so who looks like a playmate?

People also can`t go to karlie thread on regular basis and write there that they don`t find her attractive at all,but people can go to this thread and regularly write the same stuff how they find Emily bad person

And if we like Emily,and don`t think that her behaviour with fans make her bad person,it doesn`t mean that we think that she shit roses.

We just like the way she is

So can I ask you something,Phenobarbie,using your own words

Post pretty pictures,or be so kind, gtfo

Can we clarify a few things?

-Comments are being taken out context and words are being put in that people have never said in this thread. No one called Emily a "shitty person". From all the posts I've read, no one has used that word. Also, no one is saying that they hate people saying how beautiful and great she is. All phenobarbie said was that people should be allowed to critic certain things about a model without other people in the thread putting that person down and calling them names.

-About a model being too busy-can we stop treating models like they're the president of the united states? They're models. The notion of a model being too busy to reply to some people, some times, has already been disproven by the many successful models that do reply to fans. As well as the people that tend to be more famous than models in the world like actors/actresses, athletes, journalists/writers and politicians. She doesn't get thousands of questions on twitter. She posted a few pictures this last week, she might have gotten 10 comments and a few of those might have been a question.

-Yes, this forum is for the fans. But as fans, we should be allowed to voice our opinions, politely. As a fan of an actor, musician, athlete, do you always like everything they do? If a model does something that someone doesn't like then that person should be able to debate it with other fans in this forum. Those that did criticize her for her way towards fan on twitter and on this forum have never said anything mean. The irony is that the people that called out those people that criticized were the ones that had something mean to say in their posts- towards other fans.

-One more thing that I have alluded to before but think I should stress more clearly is that this criticism towards Emily is constructive criticism. In every post, I have continually said that I think she should be a bigger model than she is. Thats why I talked about how being better with her fans would propel her and move her into the top tier of models. Nowadays, there are a lot of models. Bellazon is filled to the brim with models. I see a new model I have never seen before everyday. Its also so easy now for a girl to get noticed because all the top agencies have websites with submit pages for girls to try and get into modeling. Today in the modeling world, I think because of the large amount of models, we don't have any real supermodels- models with household names. I think Emily has a chance to actually be a supermodel. But for that to happen, she has to build a large fan base and you do that by doing nice things that people remember like replying to fans. A strong foundation of fans can extend a person's career. Its constructive criticism- an opinion from a fan and someone just generally interested in the PR world.

Everyone deserves to voice their opinion.

No pleasure to come here at the moment. You all have the right to have your opinion about Emily but I think everything have been said. Some find her cold, some find her cool. Can we just continue to celebrate the beauty of Emily? Excuse my english but I speak french and my english is not very good!

Because social media has become so prevalent in modern society, the intangible icon that was a model has become more approachable and so there are different expectations of successful models now then there were in the 90's or even the early 2000's. No one has said Emily is a bitch, or that she is a mean-spirited person. They have only expressed that as she has found little time for any of her fan base online and that they find her a little chilly as she has clearly been able to respond to people within the fashion community on for example twitter but will not even give a simple thank you for the continued support of all her fans, or even respond to a question about something so simple as the breed of a dog she posted a picture of.

Clearly, as has been stated by a few different sources she is quite lovely to work with, and a consummate professional, and of course she is quite a lovely looking young woman, which no one has denied, however many fans are taking what some people have expressed as constructive criticism as a type of personal attack against Emily, or even against their own views. I don't think that has been the intent of anyone at this time.

Mermaid in Love, I sent you a private message to address a few other points.

Hope everyone has a great day.

No pleasure to come here at the moment. You all have the right to have your opinion about Emily but I think everything have been said. Some find her cold, some find her cool. Can we just continue to celebrate the beauty of Emily? Excuse my english but I speak french and my english is not very good!

Well said, Mademoiselle. I visit this forum in hopes of new photos of Emily and all I see are giant walls of text!

My 2 cents and then I'll shut up:

Physically speaking, Emily is a sight to behold with nearly flawless facial features. Those of you expecting anything less superficial than that from her are bound to be dissatisfied. People will always disappoint and young women who get paid large sums of money to “look pretty” are no exception.

Idolizing anyone in the vain hope of them somehow acknowledging your devotion is both immature and absurd. If that’s really what interests you in a celebrity, then (A) you have my pity and (B) I think you may need to re-examine your priorities. Enjoy the eye-candy for crying out loud!

I also remember when we got news that Emily will be in Si,The Savior of the camelot wrote something like VOTE for Emily,because we need more models in Si like this,and not such tacky blondes as Kate Upton,his post was deleted in few hours.If somebody would have had such a long discussion in kate upton thread,mod will stop him already.People are not allowed to voice their negative opinions in Kate Upton thread,they are not even allowed to compare her with candice(as Angelnicole did),or to say that she looks like a playmate(the best body of the last decades)

phenobarbie

The Necronomicon

Members

7,075 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

swanepoelcandy, on Mar 14 2012, 03:51 AM, said:

Winner is Candice

hahahaha that is not a suprise

that is the truth

She has natural body

not look fake and her body is "elegant"

does not look "playmate's bodies"(that is the polite version of what I want to say)

wait.. so who looks like a playmate?

People also can`t go to karlie thread on regular basis and write there that they don`t find her attractive at all,but people can go to this thread and regularly write the same stuff how they find Emily bad person

And if we like Emily,and don`t think that her behaviour with fans make her bad person,it doesn`t mean that we think that she shit roses.

We just like the way she is

So can I ask you something,Phenobarbie,using your own words

Post pretty pictures,or be so kind, gtfo

It's the same with Karlie! The mods have already banned VS talk in Karlie's thread (which only happened for a couple of pages) while they are still letting this relentless bashing under the excuse of 'constructive criticism' continue here. I guess the Vogue favourites are the favourites of both TFS and Bellazon. :war:

Most of the VS comments about Karlie are in regards to weight, which is already a restricted topic, the comments on Emily are not.. See, there is a difference, and it has little to do with favoritism.

Mine weren't and none of the recent comments were about her weight but the mods still banned them. I%20dont%20know.gif

THATS IT.

I am going to pierce the block of text and post some old candids (because these are the only pictures I possess that aren't reposts).

I don't have twitter, could somebody ask Emily on twitter when these pictures are from? Thanks.

Thats a really tough task to take on. Could I just climb Mt. Everest instead? Seems more inviting.

Anyway, Im going to put aside the discussion of the past few pages and just check for any new pictures on here. If anyone wants to continue the debate, they can send me a message.

Thank you all for voicing your opinions.

THATS IT.

I am going to pierce the block of text and post some old candids (because these are the only pictures I possess that aren't reposts).

I don't have twitter, could somebody ask Emily on twitter when these pictures are from? Thanks.

Could this post be any more obvious WUM? And as expected, followed by ap88's good old whining ninja%20knives.gif