Bellazon

The Prodigy
Thumbnail

worshipper pa

theprodigy300br9.jpg

Already know The Prodigy. Only have the newest album (Always Outnumbered never Outgunned) but i hear the rest of them are awesome too.
Music for Jilted Generation is Prodigy's best album, one of the best CDs ever. :fun:

The Prodigy are an electronic music group formed by Liam Howlett in 1990, in Braintree, Essex, England. They have sold over 16 million records worldwide making them the most commercially successful electronic dance music act of recent times, as of 2007.[1] Their music consists of various styles ranging from rave, hardcore and industrial in the early 1990s to alternative rock and bigbeat with punk vocal elements in later times. The current band members include Liam Howlett (composer/keyboards), Keith Flint (dancer/vocalist) and Maxim (MC/vocalist). Leeroy Thornhill (dancer/very occasional live keyboards) was a member of the band from 1990 to 2000, as well was a female dancer/vocalist called Sharky who left the band during their early period. The Prodigy first emerged on the underground rave scene in the early 1990s, and have since then achieved immense popularity and worldwide renown. Some of their most popular songs include "Charly", "Out of Space", "Smack My Bitch Up", "Voodoo People", "No Good (Start the Dance)", "Breathe" and "Firestarter".

Wikipedia

Music for Jilted Generation is Prodigy's best album, one of the best CDs ever.  :fun:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that The Fat Of The Land is their best album. Music For The Jilted Generation is good, though. These two albums are pretty different, actually.

I think that The Fat Of The Land is their best album. Music For The Jilted Generation is good, though. These two albums are pretty different, actually.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine if you like that way, but there is a huge consensus that MFTJG is their best. Fat of the land has more commercial appeal. I have been a Prodigy fan since 1991 when I heard "Charly". Prodigy's best track is "Weather Experience" IMHO.

I don't like the early Prodigy. Simple dance stuff, not my thing at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That dance stuff was really revolutionary and underground. That's creative music! I like all Prodigy but that early stuff is near to my heart :heart:

Breakbeat 4ever! :fun:

Have you heard this album?

post-897-0-1446082048-84807_thumb.jpg

Well, it's not really Prodigy, but Liam Howlett's DJ mix album. I think it's great. About an hour of good, non-stop music (electronic, hip-hop, dance, etc.).

I've listened to some Experience today. Actually, it's not that bad... I thought it would sound too cheesy for me, after all these years... but it didn't. It's fun :)

And yeah, Weather Experience is a good tune.

• 4 months later...
I have had it almost 2 weeks now (European release 17 October). Be sure to get the  2 CD special edition, all the interesting (new stuff) is on the disc 2.

Order it here today!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, I'm gonna get the two-disc edition. I saw there is a huuuge booklet included, isn't there? Gosh, I'm so excited.

Fuck'em and their law...

Sure, I'm gonna get the two-disc edition. I saw there is a huuuge booklet included, isn't there? Gosh, I'm so excited.

Fuck'em and their law...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there is a huge booklet included full of pics. :) The history of the band is told shortly in the last 2 pages.

weather exprerience - my favorite Prodigy track.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...