Bellazon

Samantha Fox
Thumbnail

Qball

665785356x23726383d.jpg

Samantha Karen "Sam" Fox (born April 15, 1966 in Mile End, London) is an English former glamour model and dance-pop singer.

In the late-1980s, Fox began a successful singing career, producing three albums in three years (1986-1988), and working with notable music producers such as Stock Aitken Waterman and Full Force. Her debut single, Touch Me (I Want Your Body), released when she was just 20 years old, made the Top 10 on both sides of the Atlantic (#3 in the UK; #4 in the US). It also topped the charts in many countries. Her debut live performance came at Peter Stringfellow's club Hippodrome. Fox had three Top 10 hits in both the United States and Britain. In Canada and the U.S., Naughty Girls (Need Love Too) (#3 in the US; #8 in Canada) and I Wanna Have Some Fun (#8 in the US; #10 in Canada) made the Top 10; whereas British audiences put Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me) (#10 in the UK) and Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now (#8 in the UK) into the Top 10. Her successful singing career resulted in Fox touring the world, including unusual places such as Bosnia, Russia, Ukraine, and Siberia.

After a 3-year break, Samantha Fox released her fourth and final album in for Jive Records in 1991, entitled Just One Night. The album mirrored her previous work on 1988's I Wanna Have Some Fun, by presenting a mix of old school hip-hop style tracks featuring Full Force, along with a collection of pop & rock tracks. In 1992, Jive released Samantha's first official compilation, Greatest Hits, which featured three new tracks.

In 1995, Fox attempted to revive her singing career again by participating in the "Song for Europe", the competition to select the UK's entry for the annual Eurovision Song Contest. She performed Go for the Heart, as lead singer of the group Sox, but failed to reach Eurovision after finishing 4th in the public vote. In 1997, she released a new album 21st Century Fox. The album featured Eurodance and Hi-NRG music. The album was released in the US a year later with the lead single Let Me Be Free. 21st Century Fox became her first indie release. She also co-wrote and produced many of its tracks. Other singles from the album are Deeper and The Reason Is You. This is the album that made her a bigger favourite with her fan base. In 2004, Fox teamed up with Mats Söderlund (alias Günther) in order to do a remake of Touch Me (I Want Your Body). This version reached #1 on the Swedish Singles Chart.

In November 2005, Fox released her latest album, Angel with an Attitude, in Canada. For the album, she chose to work together with the award-winning producer Joe Barrucco.

Fox toured Australia throughout late-August and early-September 2007, as part of the Countdown Spectacular 2. It was the first time ever she'd performed in a live arena-style concert. Songs performed were "Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)" and Touch Me (I Want Your Body).

On August 24, 2008 Samantha Fox will perform in Poland in concert of stars of the 80's, together with Kim Wilde, Sabrina, Sandra, Modern Talking, Limahl and Shakin' Stevens. The concert will be a part of Sopot Festival 2008 and will be presented live on Polish channel TVN.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Fox

samanthafox12d1dceaa9.th.jpg samfox2d3fadll7.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...