Bellazon

Carmen Dell'Orefice
Thumbnail

Korravai

post-18834-1220559042_thumb.jpgCarmen Del Orificepost-18834-1220558947_thumb.jpg

She's been around forever...but somehow manages to stay supremely elegant and gorgeous. She's super-human! Let me share some of the pictures I've collected of her (credit to Original scanners :flower: )

http://johnhamiltonpalmer.blog.co.uk/?tag=...en-del--orificepost-18834-1220559441_thumb.jpg

I am still searching for her Bio...I know she was discoverd at age 14, but there's more! :/

Carmen

Last Name: Dell'Orefice

Nationality: American

Ethnicity: Hungarian/Italian

Hair Color: Auburn

Eye Color: Hazel

Date of Birth: June 3 1931

Place of Birth: New York, USA

Height: 5'10" ; 178cm

Measurements: (US) 36-26-39 ; (EU) 91.5-66-99

Dress Size: (US) 8 ; (EU) 38

Shoe Size: (US) 8 ; (EU) 40

Mother agency: unknown

Agencies:

* Models 1

* Ford Models - New York

* Visage Model Management - Switzerland

Advertisements: Banana Republic, Elizabeth Arden, GAP, Lancaster, Rolex, Target,

Magazine Covers: US: 'Harper's Bazaar' - May 1959; 'Vogue'

Fashion Shows: {Carmen Marc Valvo, Christian Dior, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Moschino, Pierrot, Donna Karan}

Ready to wear - Autumn/Winter 2004 {Herm�s}

Hobbies:

Notes: - Her hair colour is silver.

- She has been modeling since the 40's! She had her first Vogue cover at age 15.

- She has one daughter, Laura.

- She wrote a book: "Staying Beautiful : Beauty Secrets and Attitudes from my forty years as a model".

http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/model..._dell%27orefice

_EIaine_Irwin_Mellencamp_Carmen_Del__oriface.jpg carmen_del_o_dior_95.jpg Edited by CarMELita

Her Bio: http://www.theage.com.au/news/beauty/carme...1369183100.html

'Carmen Dell'Orefice, still working the catwalk at 76, talks to Judy Rumbold about her long and turbulent life.

Carmen Dell'Orefice is routinely referred to as "the world's oldest working model", which makes her sound a bit like a rusting traction engine with, perhaps, compromised bodywork and only limited functioning parts....It took an astute fellow bus passenger, all those years ago, to see potential beyond the ears and feet. Journeying back from a dance class in New York, she was spotted by a woman whose husband was a photographer for Harper's Bazaar. Test pictures were duly taken, after which a letter was sent to her mother....Conde Nast, for instance, paid for hormone injections to correct her concave chest and bring on puberty, which had been arrested by rheumatic fever contracted at 12 and a punishing regime with the Ballets Russes. Then there was the time, aged 13, she posed topless for Salvador Dalí for $12 a hour. Imagine what today's Model Health Inquiry would make of that. She dismisses any suggestion of a sleazy subtext: "It was all a lot more innocent then. And I was grateful to be able to help my mother stop working and send her to college."

post-18834-0-1446111500-8439_thumb.jpgpost-18834-0-1446111500-88175_thumb.jpg

Carmen Dell’Orefice in Hardy Amies, drawn by David Downton in 2003post-18834-1220560402_thumb.jpg

She said "I love London, enough to have got married there, anyway [in 1952]. I started coming over professionally in the late 1950s, usually for shoots with Parkinson. In the 1980s, when I began doing catwalk shows, Sir Hardy Amies used me as his vision of the older customer. I do the same thing today for Ian Garlant, who took over from Sir Hardy. London is the only city (aside from New York) that I would consider living in."

Model Math

One 76-year-old supermodel ...

= 5.9 × Dakota Fanning 13-year-old "muse" for Marc Jacobs

= 4.5 × Catherine McNeil 17-year-old Australian supermodel

= 3.8 × Gemma Ward 20-year-old baby face making the switch to acting

= 2.25 × Kate Moss An icon at 34

WINTER HAUTE COUTURE COLLECTIONS: MATTIOLO 1996post-18834-0-1446111506-06765_thumb.jpgpost-18834-0-1446111506-10732_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...