Bellazon

The Meaning Of Life

Guest quasicartes

Nothing wrong, except I just couldn't figure out what happens to people who don't  have kids. Does the Sisyphus-ean cycle end with them?

Sorry, Greek mythology don't help you here.

Why is murder wrong?

From an evolutionary sense, this is not beneficial.

Killing does not help survival.

From a common sense view point.

If I kill people, the next day, someone will try to kill me.

In the end, no one really benefits.

Thus, like some plants and animals, we form a symbiotic relationship, co-existing in harmony to reap the benefit of living happily together.

To say whether murder is right or wrong you need morals. Mankind has developed morals (inevitable for intelligent enough creatures).

Nothing wrong, except I just couldn't figure out what happens to people who don't  have kids. Does the Sisyphus-ean cycle end with them?

Sorry, Greek mythology don't help you here.

I have been talking a lot about this, but no one seems to understand.

I'll explain.

Sisyphus was a human.

Not long after he died, he (his soul) did something that offended the Gods.

The Gods condemned him by making him push a boulder up a hill.

But, as soon as the boulder reached the top of the hill, the boulder would come rolling downhill. As such, Sisyphus must push it up again.

Some philosophers see that our life is somewhat similar to that.

We are forever condemned to pointless repetition.

For example, you feel hungry, you eat.

Then, after a while, you feel hungry again.

What happens if we die and if there is no afterlife?

Our pointless, repetitive sufferring has already been carried over to our children.

So, what I am asking is, if anyone who doesn't have a child died, will the Sisyphus-ean curse be broken?

• 3 weeks later...

Meaning of Life for Pa is to worship Ine's and for Heid its to search the meaning and dont belive in God.. :blink:

I disagree with both of them.. :laugh:

i've question for Heid?

You dont belive in God..You are philoshper...Will you ever going to marry and have kids? and just going to end your life searching things wich has no answer and one such thing is life..its a complicated thing you never ever gonna find the right answer...why you want to waste your precious time on reasonless things..Enjoy your life...respect yourself love yourself and people will love you..

You know why i always stress on beliving God? even i haven't seen the God...

i will tell you one incident..

There was this girl i know she was ugly, according to ppl around her she was the ugliest person and was mistreated she was called by names fat chick,ugly ,black and so much..she used to cry out her heart..but oneday she discovered the best way to ignore ppl and thir stupid and heart breaking comments..she turned herself to prayers somewhere in her mind it was that there is someone out there who love her and she will get what she deserves and she continued her faith in God and today she is very happy a decent and a honest wife and proud mother and aboveall she help ppl who are in need..

i narrated this story not bcoz i 'm forcing ppl to start beliving in God...you have your own way of spending life and i have different reasons to live life...i can keep arguing with you but i cant for two reasons one that i dont spend much time on net infact i cant even if i love to...maximun time i can spend on net is 1hour not more than that.. and yes second and foremost reason My English is not upto your expectations i would hate if you start pinpointing mistakes made by me the way you did with OS & captain..they can take it cooly but i cant :laugh:

Anyway bottomline is to spend ypour life happily..you need happiness and should feel satisfied and dont have to regret..BELIVE IN GOD OR DONT..JUST BELIVE IN GOOD AND TRY NOT HURT OTHERS FEELINGS :fun:

Meaning of Life for Pa is to worship Ine's and for Heid its to search the meaning and dont belive in God.. :blink:

I disagree with both of them.. :laugh:

i've question for Heid?

You dont belive in God..You are philoshper...Will you ever going to marry and have kids? and just going to end your life searching things wich has no answer and one such thing is life..its a complicated thing you never ever gonna find the right answer...why you want to waste your precious time on reasonless things..Enjoy your life...respect yourself love yourself and people will love you..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cain: .....people do love him. ahaha

• 6 months later...

I think that the meaning of life is to just live is to just live it the best you can and savour every moment you can, just incase.. *knocks on wood*

sure, it's fun to think about the answer to questions you'll probably never know... but is it really a productive way to use your time? Then again, it might be a better way than others to waste your time.... pip

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

cant understand...what is the point of our existence at first place,why we were created,to feel so much pain ...more than the happiness.....it is so sad :( and im not talking just about myself,im sitting here and think... for all the people/animals around the world who suffers.....what is the whole point of this?is it some kind of punishment!? ..dont get it :|

• 6 years later...