Bellazon

Wandering cursor...

Guest quasicartes

Guest quasicartes

I don't how this happens. But, of late, my cursor has been "out of control". Sometimes, when I refreshed a page, or click on any link, the cursor just stray... (Optical mouse wireless on a smooth optical mouse pad.) The cursor had never "misbehaved" before.

On a previous computer (now dumped) of mine, sometimes, I just have to have the cursor hovering above the link and it will automatically clicked on it! (Mouse is rollerball, wired)

What causes this? Faulty mouse or spyware/trojan?

The cursor jumping all over the place happens to me all the time. It's a combination of shitty optics, and hair or fuzz in the way of the laser, no more. Sometimes it even does it when there is seemingly nothing blocking the laser. Though with all the stuff that seems to happen to your computer, I wouldn't doubt if it might be something more. :p

As for it automatically clicking on links when hovering over them, this could be attributed to worn out mouse buttons. Click them a million times, and they will start to basically wear out and click on their own, you know. When you would shake the old mouse would the buttons flop around?

I'm sure he's a nice guy. Once you past all the gold and huge piles of money that he swims in and uses to light big fat cigars whilst feeding competitors to sharks with laser-beams attached to their heads!!!

Bill Gates is such a fucking asshole. Why can't he just make a simple operating system that doesn't break every five seconds. And he has enough money to stop world poverty, countless diseases all with enough to spare for 12 gulf states.

RANT OVER.

Anyway, this happens to my too, but usually when i'm drunk and can't hold the mouse properly.

Guest quasicartes
As for it automatically clicking on links when hovering over them, this could be attributed to worn out mouse buttons. Click them a million times, and they will start to basically wear out and click on their own, you know. When you would shake the old mouse would the buttons flop around?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't ask any question, if this is the case.

• 1 month later...
Guest quasicartes
if u continue to have problems, me and neo recommend this mouse. we bought have it. worlds first laser mouse: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=9043

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This mouse is so damn heavy. Hard to play games using it. My Microsoft laser mouse is light because it doesn't use a charging jack. I had to buy a separate battery charger.

Guest quasicartes
I don't understand why anyone would pay so much for a mouse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because it's cordless.

By the way, my mouse is okay right now. It's ok most of the time, except during that time of the month. <_<

:laugh: Female mouse I see.

I still think that's pretty steep, I guess I would have to test it out to see the benifit of having a cordless mouse before passing judgement on it. I'm sure it works great, but seems expensive, but then when you have no money everything seems expensive, right?

At least your mouse is ok for the moment :)

Why can't he just make a simple operating system that doesn't break every five seconds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because there's no money in it. "Here, let me sell you an initial operating system. Oh, it has bugs? Let me string you along with updates and support and new versions to it every few years for a nominal fee!"

Cord > Cordless

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? Is it because cord is much lighter?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because you don't have to deal with all the extra bullshit that comes with a cordless.

No no, not extra stuff. Extra bullshit. Having to deal with the batteries and the sensor and all that. I had a cordless one time and I just got so frustrated with it once things started going wrong.

charging wise the mouse for a normal user lasts 3 weeks but since i use my mouse a lot it lasts me a week. sensor wise....well it has very good range.....i can practically go in the hall and still use it.....i remember in the old house i had my mom stand in my room to see the mouse work while i kept going farther and farther....the only thing i do to save battery is turn it off at nights....i remember getting my dad a wireless for his laptop last year and it sucked....but this one is really the cream of the crop, plus i like all the extra buttons :p