Bellazon

Laura Marling
Thumbnail

Michael*

Laura Marling

lauramarlingjb0.jpg

Laura Beatrice Marling (born 1 February 1990), is a folk-pop singer-songwriter from Hampshire, England.

Marling has toured with a number of well-known indie artists in the UK including Jamie T, who personally invited her on tour with him last year after he attended her second-ever gig. She performed at the 2007 O2 Wireless Festival and also performed at the first Underage Music Festival in August 2007 at Victoria Park, East London.

Her debut single came out on WayOutWest Records. She appeared on The Rakes track "Suspicious Eyes", from the band's second album Ten New Messages and Mystery Jets track "Young Love", released 10 March, 2008 (from their second album). She joined indie band Noah and the Whale, and Charlie Fink, lead singer of Noah and the Whale, produced her debut album "Alas, I Cannot Swim".

She has appeared on Later with Jools Holland where she performed the song "New Romantic". Marling's debut album "Alas, I Cannot Swim" was released on February 4, 2008.

Despite playing sold-out venues over the past few months, Laura has spoken of how she still finds larger venues scary.

Marling was once refused access to one of her own performances, for being underage. She instead chose to perform on the street.

On 22nd July, 2008, it was announced that Laura's debut album 'Alas, I Cannot Swim' has been nominated for this year's Mercury Music Prize.

Official Site

Myspace

• 2 weeks later...

no... sad face!!!

i don't get to go to hotel cafe as often unlike the echo!

plus its such cuddle music in an intimate venue!!! oh man!!! i'm just gonna end up being bitter... maybe even make a phone call to the last person i'd want to talk to!!!!