Daria Werbowy
Thumbnail

goose

Little Daria :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

:wub: :heart: :kiss:

voguefrfebruary2004wg4ot6.th.jpg

here you go guys:

Translation made by me :flower:

She's exactly 20 years-old on the day of the interview. The new Prada icon has just finished a photoshoot,

and think of going out dinner with some friends. This morning, she put on some pre-washed Diesel jeans,

an H&M pearl gray combi-short that she cut up to make a mini-dress. She also put on a vintage rasberry

sweatshirt that she's wearing on the wrong side and a blue levi's jacket without sleeves, a tweed

Chanel bag, some military boots that she owns since she's 12, and she won't go and change her clothes: if there is any comments,

she has her incredible almond-shaped eyes.

Daria was born in Varsovie, Poland. when she was 3 years-old, her family of Ukrainian descent moved to Canada.

She grew up in Toronto with her sister Oksana and her brother Orest.

Tall, thin and beautiful, everybody kept telling her she should model. At the age of 14, she was a real tomboy but she won

a model contest and signed with IMG New York. She decided to go back to school and at the age of 17 she was ready for her first season of shows. unfortunately, the New York Fashion Week coincide with the September 11, 2001 tragedy.

Then, she has lived a couple months in Paris and in Milan: "I was going to so many castings, but it was not paying off, it was hard. Everybody had always told me I should model, but obviously it wasn't working despite all my efforts."

In March 2002, she goes back home to Canada. She tried to cheer herself up by sailing on Lake Ontario (her passion since she's a child)

and by going snowboarding with some friends.

In January 2003, she was definitely ready. "I had changed, I was stronger, my hair was longer and I was more confident with myself."

She calls IMG, and goes back to New York. Three days later, she was at the Marc Jacobs show, and a week later she got an exclusive contract for the Prada Campaign, photographed by Steven Meisel.

"The hard moments I had in the beginning of my carreer made me realise how hard this work is. We are judged on the

way we look, but without a strong mental, we can't make it. I know this won't last forever, so I try to enjoy every moment."

Finally, I visited all the pages on this Daria's thread, so I can start posting here :) (I don't post anything on threads before I haven't read all sites on it (?) sorry, but I don't know how to write it in English, but I hope You understand me).

I have a question: where she was born? In Cracow or in Warsaw?

^ oh gosh.. :| and how was the weather like when she moved to the little blue house in the South-East corner of main street in Mississauga ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can't confirm that, I wasn't born yet. Actually it was North-West. And the house was red not blue. :rofl: JK JK.