Bellazon

Carolina "Pampita" Ardohain
Thumbnail

goose

on a census there is an option for latino. Thats what i always choose because i am Mexican therefore Latino. So by no means should she be considered caucasian. :no:

you are right, there is an option for latino but i'm positive it's not listed when it asks you for race. it's listed when it asks for the person's ethnicity :) but i agree that white and white-latino really shouldnt be dumped into the same category at any time because it's really confusing and not particularly indicative of the person's experience. a white non-latino has a much different experience from a white-latino. idk, i say we go beat up the people who make up the US census every ten years :)

to bring this back to topic a bit, i would consider pampita latina as well and i probably wouldnt even mention her race at all :laugh:

on a census there is an option for latino. Thats what i always choose because i am Mexican therefore Latino. So by no means should she be considered caucasian. :no:

you are right, there is an option for latino but i'm positive it's not listed when it asks you for race. it's listed when it asks for the person's ethnicity :) but i agree that white and white-latino really shouldnt be dumped into the same category at any time because it's really confusing and not particularly indicative of the person's experience. a white non-latino has a much different experience from a white-latino. idk, i say we go beat up the people who make up the US census every ten years :)

to bring this back to topic a bit, i would consider pampita latina as well and i probably wouldnt even mention her race at all :laugh:

its funny because Im from venezuela, born and raised, like my parents, grandparents and great grandparents.. so Im a latino, but my ethnic background, like a lot of other latinos, has distant spanish(basque) and scottish amongst some other european genes from the colonization era.. so when people look at me, the last thing they expect is that Im from a latin american country..

lol. I dont even tan well.. Im pale as a fish, people from my own city often mistake me for a foreigner...

I think this helps the fact that latin american women are so hot... they got the best parts from all the world! europe, africa and the americas.. lol.. Im biased of course.. not to say that asians aren

maybe this will help, got it from wikipedia

Caucasian was originally a geographical term, meaning relative or pertaining to the Caucasus region (Caucasia) of central Eurasia. It has in time acquired other specific meanings:

* In common usage and political contexts, it usually refers to the so-called Caucasian race; which, in North America, Australia, and New Zealand is often equated with the "whites" racial/ethnic group.

* In those countries, too, in forensic anthropology, police reports, census forms, and similar contexts, Caucasian usually means a specific combination of external physical attributes, especially light skin.

* In physical anthropology, it may mean the Caucasoid physical type, characterized by a specific set of skeletal features.

* In linguistics, it may refer to any of the languages of the Caucasus.

* In alcoholic beverages, it is a nickname for a White Russian, a mixed drink of vodka, kahl

maybe this will help, got it from wikipedia

Caucasian was originally a geographical term, meaning relative or pertaining to the Caucasus region (Caucasia) of central Eurasia. It has in time acquired other specific meanings:

* In common usage and political contexts, it usually refers to the so-called Caucasian race; which, in North America, Australia, and New Zealand is often equated with the "whites" racial/ethnic group.

* In those countries, too, in forensic anthropology, police reports, census forms, and similar contexts, Caucasian usually means a specific combination of external physical attributes, especially light skin.

* In physical anthropology, it may mean the Caucasoid physical type, characterized by a specific set of skeletal features.

* In linguistics, it may refer to any of the languages of the Caucasus.

* In alcoholic beverages, it is a nickname for a White Russian, a mixed drink of vodka, kahl

actually my boyfriend is from ecuador and his blood is french. hes pale as hell. french is caucasion

like I said, a big percentage of latin americans have european genes.. so we could be considered caucasian... I know I;ve selected it sometimes in some forms.. just because we dont fit the stereotypical look of a latino..

• 2 weeks later...