Bellazon

Carolina "Pampita" Ardohain
Thumbnail

goose

• 2 weeks later...

I thought most argentinians are in deed caucasians, due to their european origin (Argentina was populated mostly by spanish and italian immigrants, also some german, british etc.). There is little native american (i.e. "indian") or african genes in Argentina's "gene-pool".

Pampita looks caucasian to me...

I dunno, i figure she would be considered hispanic, or latina, or something of that nature.

Hispanic is of spanish decent, so she would still be caucasian, latina is any girl from latin america.

um hispanic and latino are often used interchangeably even though they probably shouldnt be. but more importantly, hispanic/latino is not a race. it's an ethnicity. so for example, i am latina but also (racially) white because of my skin color. i have never loosely classified myself as white though unless forced to write my race down on paper (like on the census), so it does surprise me that they put caucasian because most people think of white, non-latino when they hear caucasian.