Bellazon

Black women and marriage...

Ness

This discussion has been moved from the thread titled Black Beauties (Qball)

Apparently 70% of all black women in America are single. There are probably various factors for this, so I'm not going to go into the issue, but I just thought it was really surprising the statistic was that high. There are some beautiful black women around. Unless of course you live where I do...where there aren't that many black women to begin with, and from the few girls I've seen available...I just haven't seen anything enticing personally.

Edited by Qball

Apparently 70% of all black women in America are single. There are probably various factors for this, so I'm not going to go into the issue, but I just thought it was really surprising the statistic was that high.

why did you bring this up AGAIN, bluestars87?!

Q, single = unmarried.

if you listen to black men, it's all because black women are inherently defective; that they are inferior to other women. lol, but a statistic that high points to something much deeper and problematic -- our society.

and, that's all i have to say on this topic.

Apparently 70% of all black women in America are single. There are probably various factors for this, so I'm not going to go into the issue, but I just thought it was really surprising the statistic was that high.

Where did you get those data from? And "single" in what sense? Not married or not in a relationship? Because you know, in the first case it's much easier to estimate the number. In the second case, however, the data cannot be too credible.

Q, single = unmarried.

if you listen to black men, it's all because black women are inherently defective; that they are inferior to other women. lol, but a statistic that high points to something much deeper and problematic -- our society.

Q, single = unmarried.

Hahahaha. Whoops. I forgot I already talked about this.

if you seriously think that's why black women don't get married, i feel very sorry for you.

EDITED: i was mean.

Those are the factors, I'm a black women I know what I'm talking about. I'm around black people ALL the time. Are you even black? That's the reason why a lot of black men are dating outside of the race and black women are single mothers. I see it everyday so you can not tell me different, keep your pity. Go on youtube and find the channel sgrtwilliepete and watch his videos if you want to hear it out of a black person's mouth. Watch the video called "A girl like me" these ARE factors, it's not 100% the reason but they are factors.

if you seriously think that's why black women don't get married, i feel very sorry for you.

Those are the factors, I'm a black women I know what I'm talking about. I'm around black people ALL the time. Are you even black? That's the reason why a lot of black men are dating outside of the race and black women are single mothers. I see it everyday so you can not tell me different, keep your pity. Go on youtube and find the channel sgrtwilliepete and watch his videos if you want to hear it out of a black person's mouth. Watch the video called "A girl like me" these ARE factors, it's not 100% the reason but they are factors.

lol, i've seen latinas and asian women with attitudes more fierce than a black woman could ever have, and these women were married. a white woman can be the world's biggest whore and still have men lining up to marry her. most of the black men i know in IRR are dating or married to women who are controlling, racist (towards blacks! or at least black women, as are the black men themselves), overweight, have multiple (in some cases, OOW) children, etc. (when i asked one guy how a "fat" black woman drove him into the arms of a "fat" white woman, he didn't have an answer, lol, go figure. they LOWER THE BAR for non-black women.)

in other words, every race of women has serious issues. they still get married.

black women have serious issues. the vast majority DON'T get married. and black men have ALL the leverage in relationships (legions of desperate women willing to do anything for them).

marriage is the basic building block of any community and in the black community, it's not happening. 70% of the women aren't married. the black family has COLLAPSED. there are cultural, social and structural factors at work here. that's all i'm saying.

http://blackwomenvote.blogspot.com/2007/12...tactics-of.html

of course i'm black.

lol, i've seen latinas and asian women with attitudes more fierce than a black woman could ever have, and these women were married. a white woman can be the world's biggest whore and still have men lining up to marry her. most of the black men i know in IRR are dating or married to women who are controlling, racist (towards blacks! or at least black women, as are the black men themselves), overweight, have multiple (in some cases, OOW) children, etc. (when i asked one guy how a "fat" black woman drove him into the arms of a "fat" white woman, he didn't have an answer, lol, go figure. they LOWER THE BAR for non-black women.)

black women have serious issues. the vast majority DON'T get married. and black men have ALL the leverage in relationships (legions of desperate women willing to do anything for them).

marriage is the basic building block of any community and in the black community, it's not happening. 70% of the women aren't married. the black family has COLLAPSED. there are cultural, social and structural factors at work here. that's all i'm saying.

of course i'm black.

Like I said those are factors and most black women that have attitudes it's WORST then a white women or Latina women, lets be real here lol. You know a lot of black women go for thugs, what happens to these thugs they in up in jail and the "good" black men who are not thugs in up marrying non-black women. That's what happens A LOT, the black community has issues not just the black women.

of course i'm black.

Like I said those are factors and most black women that have attitudes it's WORST then a white women or Latina women, lets be real here lol. You know a lot of black women go for thugs, what happens to these thugs they in up in jail and the "good" black men who are not thugs in up marrying non-black women. That's what happens A LOT, the black community has issues not just the black women.

how the hell are you going to tell me what i've seen?

also, i never denied that SOME black women go for thugs (btw, not all of these women mess with thugs because of "image" -- i have begun to realize that many black women are masochistic/have a martyr complex [the black community encourages this behavior in black women, telling us it's our "duty" to give these negroes our love and support]; and some girls have told me outright that they feel there's nothing else out there for them), but that isn't why black women as a whole don't get married.

i didn't realize black women had so much power that we could single-handedly cause the collapse of an entire community. wow!

agree to disagree.

I don't see what's so attractive about thugs. I hope black women aren't getting into a relationship with someone just because they're black despite what they may be. Get with someone that's going to take care of you and has good ethics...whatever race they may be.

unfortunately too many are, bluestars. that is the only real criteria for a lot black women.

i'm not for interracial dating, but the harsh reality is that it's black women's only option at this point. more and more are beginning to see that.

1) there are more single women than ever before. how do you explain that?

2) this isn't just about laquisha (who needs to marry leroy--instead she is treated like a "sperm receptacle" by the leroy's of her community). professional black women don't get married either, and they cannot afford to date thugs. they also outnumber professional black men, so it's not like black men can't find a black woman on their level to marry.

black women stopped getting married long before we became "fat." we also wore afros in the 70s and that didn't stop the black community from continuing to deteriorate. lol. black women's weight, hair choices, whatever the hell you can come up with, are NOT what's driving the marriage crisis. for the last time, when the numbers get as high as they have, it's beyond mere individual choices or flaws. see #1.

3) no one points out black women's flaws because no one cares enough about us to do it (yes, i'm pretty pissed at the black community's hatred and disregard for its females). the only time our flaws are pointed out is in the context of how we are failing black men (because only they matter) or how we don't measure up to non-black women.

i am not making excuses for black women (and i'm not blaming black men either). i just think people are simplifying this issue to the detriment of black women (and the community as a whole).

ok, i'm honestly done this time. :)

(if anyone is interested, please read the link that i provided above. in the comment section it was spelled out what's behind the marriage thing, etc.)

anon, I would greatly appreciate it if you could suggest a more relevant title for this thread. Sorry I haven't done too much reading here, I just thought this part of the thread should be kept separately.