Bellazon

Kazakh supermodel Ruslana Korshunova committed suicide

cheesecake

This is the first time I am posting on this board although I have been following Ruslana's career since 2005.

She someone who was truly unique, and dear to us all.

You see as one of my hobbies I draw and she was my chief model. To me personally I would use her as a form for the muse in my life, which was an older version of Alice in

Wonderland.

I will miss her greatly, may she rest in peace.

Jonathan Maltz Graduate student in theoretical physics and mathematical physics

Stanford University Physics Department

I just heard about it :shock: Very sad :cry: RIP Ruslana.

Russian supermodel with 'fairytale' beauty, age 20, plummets to her death

BY PAUL McNAMARA and CARRIE MELAGO

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Saturday, June 28th 2008, 6:22 PM

A stunning Russian supermodel plunged to her death from the ninth floor of her lower Manhattan high-rise Saturday, police sources and neighbors said.

Ruslana Korshunova, 20, a long-haired beauty who graced the cover of Russian Vogue, plummeted into the middle of busy Water St. in the Financial District around 2:30 p.m., according to sources and building residents.

Witnesses to the apparent suicide had no idea that the shoeless woman dressed in blue jeans and a purple tank top was a famous model but noticed her beauty right away.

"All I saw was something moving out of the corner of my eye, and then boom. It sounded like a bass drum when she hit the ground," said Steve Metzger, 36. "She was a pretty girl."

Investigators believe Korshunova jumped from her ninth-floor apartment adjacent to a skyscraper construction site, a law enforcement source said.

"I turned around just as she was about 3 feet off the ground and then, boom, she hit," said witness Ahmed Saad, 22, who was manning a nearby halal food cart.

Often photographed with her thigh-length locks cascading around her, Korshunova was born July 2, 1987, in Almaty, Kazakhstan.

She was reportedly discovered in 2003 by Debbie Jones of Models 1, who spotted a picture of Korshunova in an in-flight magazine article about the girl's hometown.

"I saw her by chance and she looked like something out of a fairytale!" Jones told British Vogue. "We had to find her and we searched high and low until we did! She's really incredible with feline features and timeless beauty."

She was represented by the agency IMG and has modeled for Nina Ricci, Marc Jacobs and Cynthia Rowley.

amdwallstreetsuicideuz9.jpg

The scene outside her downtown apartment building, near Wall and Pine Streets, after she plunged 9 stories in an apparent suicide.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/06/28...ale_beauty.html