Bellazon

Kazakh supermodel Ruslana Korshunova committed suicide

cheesecake

That's what I keep saying. It's so frustrating knowing all this after the fact. I don't know her but it seems she hides her pain very well even to her friends and family. But on occasion it blurts out. Still not enough for people be alarmed about, I suppose.

CAUGHT IN A LOVE TRIANGLE

BEAUS' RIVALRY OVER SUICIDE MODEL

By ERIN CALABRESE, JOE MOLLICA and ERIC LENKOWITZ

new023atp5.jpg

TRAGIC:Ruslana Korshunova, who leaped to her death Saturday, at Fashion Week last year. Her mom, Valentina , arrives at JFK yesterday.

Last updated: 7:24 am

July 1, 2008

The mother of tragic model Ruslana Korshunova arrived from Kazakhstan yesterday and encountered what may have been the greatest source of her daughter's angst - the two men who claim she was in love with them.

Valentina Korshunova came to identify the body of her daughter, who authorities said jumped to her death from her downtown apartment building on Water Street Saturday afternoon.

She was greeted with hugs and tears by relatives and the two loves of the model's short life - her ex-boyfriend, Artem Perchenok, and latest flame, Mark Kaminsky.

The two rivals were the last to hear from the 20-year-old stunner before she died.

Both claimed that they were going to celebrate her 21st birthday, which would have been tomorrow, with her.

And each insists that he was the one she wanted to be with.

"This is like a dream. We keep thinking we'll wake up," said Perchenok, who greeted Ruslana's mom with a hug.

Kaminsky rode with the mother to the Medical Examiner's Office, with Perchenok in a trailing vehicle.

"I was her first love," Perchenok said, showing a Post reporter a fresh tattoo of Ruslana's name in Russian that he had gotten on the inside of his wrist Sunday night.

Kaminsky was the last person to speak with Ruslana.

The details of that conversation - less than eight hours after Perchenok left her at the house early Saturday after a long night together - remain unclear.

Perchenok said that when they got to the building at around 4:45 a.m., there was a short pause, and then she kissed him and said, "It's nice to see you again."

He said she called him less than a minute after going upstairs to say she still had his sweatshirt.

"I will get it the next time I see you," he told her.

Perchenok and Ruslana split up last October - a breakup he blames on the stress of her modeling career.

She started dating Kaminsky a few months ago, but Perchenok claims it was not smooth sailing for the new couple.

Perchenok said she was going to spend her 21st birthday with him in the city and then possibly go to Atlantic City.

But Kaminsky said she was planning to go camping with him in Pennsylvania.

"She always was with me," Kaminsky said Sunday outside Ruslana's building. "We never spoke about Artem."

But Perchenok called his relationship with the runway star "a fairy tale" and was convinced they would get back together.

One of Ruslana's pals said she was stressed about her love life.

"She was always searching for love," he said via e-mail from Russia. "I used to say to her never search for love. The love will find you."

Another friend told The Post by e-mail that Ruslana had yet another boyfriend in Kazakhstan.

news017agz2.jpg

DEATH SCENE: Supermodel Ruslana Korshunova's mother looks

yesterday at the window from which her daughter jumped.

Last updated: 4:03 am

July 2, 2008

Investigators probing the suicide of a Kazakh supermodel said she left depressed musings on her home computer, police sources said yesterday.

Though investigators found no suicide note, catwalker Ruslana Korshunova left long messages describing how she missed her home and family, and talked about problems with her love life.

Shortly after writing the notes, the 20-year-old neatly cut a hole in construction mesh covering her ninth-floor balcony, squeezed through it and plunged to her death, police sources said.

The slit in the mesh - and a knife left near it - are part of the evidence sources said convinced the city's medical examiner that Korshunova hurled herself from her downtown home.

Friends and family believe she never could have killed herself, describing her as cheerful and showing no sign of wanting to commit suicide.

Others said she was lonely and suffering a mysterious stomach ailment in the days before her death.

"It was a slip and a fall," her ex-boyfriend, Artem Perchenok, said yesterday. "That's what we all want to believe."

Police sources said they believe the beauty was home alone before her death. First responders found her Water Street apartment locked.

When they broke through the door, they found the place untidy but with no signs of a struggle. Friends told cops Korshunova's home was always messy.

Tests on the model's body found no wounds that suggested she had been fighting, nor skin or DNA underneath her fingernails - commonly found on people who have struggled with attackers.

Cops also found several bottles of medication, their labels in Russian, a source told The Post.

Korshunova's love life had recently become complicated after she split with longtime boyfriend Perchenok and started seeing new flame Mark Kaminsky.

Perchenok was convinced the two would get back together, and he had been with Korshunova the night before she died. Both men also planned to spend the model's birthday - which would have been today - with her.

A friend told The Post she had yet another boyfriend in her homeland.

Korshunova, who was discovered in Kazakhstan when she was 15 and moved to New York shortly thereafter, has modeled for Marc Jacobs, DKNY and Vera Wang, and also made the cover of French Elle.

She jumped from her apartment on Saturday.

Her mother, Valentina, visited the home yesterday. She stood

Her mom still does not believe it was suicide but that it may have been a slip on the balcony. I have read somewhere that she cut the netting with a knife and left it on the balcony. Her friends have also said that she was full of life and energy.

Here is a new article from the New York Times:

Amid Swirl of Speculation, Disbelief From a Mother

By CARA BUCKLEY

Published: July 5, 2008

The daughter that Valentina Korshunova knew would never have taken her own life.

“She was so full of life; she loved life,” Mrs. Korshunova, 48, said tearfully, speaking through a translator on Thursday at a funeral home in Greenwich Village where her daughter’s wake was held. “She was very strong, even though she looked so fragile. She had stamina, inner strength, and always acted so rationally, so reasonably.”

It had been five days since the body of her daughter, Ruslana Korshunova, a 20-year-old model, had been found in Lower Manhattan, nine stories beneath her apartment. The police said she had jumped. Upon hearing the news, Mrs. Korshunova flew immediately from her native city of Almaty, Kazakhstan, traveling alone because her son, Ruslan, 28, could not get a visa in time.

By the time Mrs. Korshunova’s plane touched down, speculation was raging about what might have caused her daughter to jump. The Daily News reported accounts of Ms. Korshunova’s lovelorn online musings, which hinted at desperation and a sense of being lost.

But Mrs. Korshunova, wearing black and shrouded in a mourning veil, insisted that her daughter was too excited about her future and too full of life to ever have considered ending it. Instead she believed, after speaking to the police, that the facts in the case did not add up and that her daughter, always adventurous, might have been making her way through construction netting to a neighboring balcony and accidentally slipped.

The pair had always been close. Mrs. Korshunova washed her daughter’s Rapunzel-like hair, which brushed her upper thighs, until Ms. Korshunova was 16. They kept in nearly constant touch after Ms. Korshunova left Kazakhstan, at 16, to model in Moscow, then Paris and finally New York, a city she adored. They spoke often.

Before Ms. Korshunova began modeling, she was enrolled in a school for gifted children, her mother said, earning top marks and mastering Kazakh and German. She was known for her kindness, and for being a perfectionist: even after landing a major fashion campaign, she would set her sights on the next big job.

Mrs. Korshunova, who raised both of her children alone after their father died in 1992, last saw her daughter in May, when she was home to renew her passport. Ms. Korshunova was deliberating about whether to go to college, possibly in Moscow or New York, her mother said, and talked about one day becoming a mother.

Mrs. Korshunova said she planned to bury her daughter in Moscow, also a city she loved.

“She was the closest person in the world to me, the most trusted; she would never let me down,” Mrs. Korshunova said. “I was always proud of her. And I’m proud of her today.”

link to article

That's what I keep saying. It's so frustrating knowing all this after the fact. I don't know her but it seems she hides her pain very well even to her friends and family. But on occasion it blurts out. Still not enough for people be alarmed about, I suppose.

She may be good in framing herself under different guises, beQause, hey, that is part of her profession, the prerequisite versatility. Substantially speaQing, she is strong, Quz she did not let her guard down for so long, sadly, it tooQ a toll on her life.

^This article is about saying last farewell to Ruslana.

Another speculations about her romances, her so-called "depression"..... Nothing i'd really like to translate :ermm:

Except for this:

In the hall they placed a box, in which all who come could deposit some money.

- It's for the funeral, - Ruslana's friend said. - Her agency didn't give a single cent for it.

smile124.gif

Anyone else notice we are getting two conflicting stories? Her mother says that she was not the sort of person to commit suicide and some other source states that she tried to commit suicide 5 times before? If she tried to commit suicide 5 times wouldn't her mother have known? WHo is the source saying she tried to kill herself before? I am inclined to believe that source is telling lies. While I do believe that Ruslana probably took her own life, I do also believe that it was a moment of weakness and madness. Everyone who was close to her, friends an her mother, are completely surprised by the incident. Why would anyone say otherwise and claim it was not the first time? Something is off with that part of the story.

Now many people tell us so many tall stories because these are PR for them (Training centre Rose of the World, IMG Agency and all magazines and newspapers). And now it's very difficult to know what is from of that true, and what is false... Only her family and close friends know truth and only they will can to know the truth about her death...