Bellazon

Bregje Heinen
Thumbnail

Andre, could you be so kind to tranlate at least the little we have? I know the google translator sucks as hell :( and I guess there´s no way to get the full interview in Grazia?

The new supermodel Bregje Heinen: "I made it" [i'm not sure if she's considered to be a supermodel by the fashion world]

Written by Marieke on 06-02-2013 [That's the 6th of February, not June the 2nd as it would be in American English]

Bregje Heinen (age 20) has recently entered the top of the modelling world, joining the ranks of models like Doutzen Kroes, Candice Swanepoel and Alessandra Ambrosio as boegbeeld for Victoria's Secret. [Boegbeeld in this case meaning she's one of their most prominent models. The author doesn't quite seem to grasp the distinction between modelling for VS and being a VS Angel.] For the girl from the Netherlands it's a dream come true.

"At times I look at the other girls and think to myself: do I really belong here? But all in all I'm content with my looks. This is my dream and I made it, and that's what's most important." She tells Grazia.

Self-confidence

"Over the years I've grown more self-confidence. Growing up I always thought I was too thin, but now I'm a bit more vrouwelijker. [she's saying her body looks more like a woman's body now. That's rather an understatement.] My arms and legs could be a bit thicker. That may be bad for my career as a model, but personally I think that would look prettier. But no matter what I try I just can't gain any weight."

The blond-haired model just has an extremely slim body type, she says. "I can't help it. I'll even lose weight when I ease up on candy for just a week. But it's not about being skinny, it's more important to be in good shape. You can be very skinny and still have cellulite. So I don't get this whole obsession with size zero."

Hamburger

Fellow model Doutzen Kroes will, on occasion eat only half a burger, but that's not the case with Bregje. "I'll definitely eat the whole burger, especially those from B&B in New York. I'm not that crazy about American food, back home I always go nuts with Nibbit-chips [A potato based snack in various shapes: rings and sticks.] fries, kebab and shawarma." [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawarma#Around_the_world]

Bregje has settled in New York and is feeling quite at home there. At home in Borculo she can get away from her life as a well-known model. "I think they're to down to earth for that." And there's no low calorie cooking: "No, my mother doesn't do that. Here it's eten wat de pot schaft. [something parents usually say to their children, when they complain and don't want to eat their vegetables. Meaning that you just have to eat what's on your diner plate.] And if you don't like it, you can have a sandwich."

I don't have the full interview, it's not online and I don't know anyone who owns that issue of Grazia. (On the cover she says: "Leonardo (DiCaprio) is too old for me.")

Thank you Andre, you´re a real sweatheart :hug: This is actually the first interview I´ve seen with her and a first small inside info about her life. Feels nice to read it. Shame we don´t have the whole interview, but I´m grateful for this :hug:

older article on her

Bregje Heinen, New Victoria's Secret Model, Walks For Exercise, Has The 'Skinny' Gene (PHOTOS)

The Huffington Post  |  By Sarah Leon Posted: 08/01/2012 2:12 pm Updated: 10/11/2012 11:25 am

While Victoria's Secret Angel Doutzen Kroes grew up as a competitive speed skater and Candice Swanepoel confesses her workout routine includes running on the beach or sidewalk throughout the summer, new VS model Bregjie Heinen admits she isn't exactly the most athletic of the group. "I don’t really work out that much. I don’t go to the gym," Heinen explained before a recent yoga session with Kristin McGee.

So how does she have a figure worthy of a spot in a Body by Victoria campaign? It's all in the genes. "My mom is really skinny, too. I got it from her," she said. "I've never done yoga before."

Heinen, who hails from a small town two hours outside of Amsterdam where "there's no clubs and everybody knows each other," says she does work some exercise into her everyday life. "I do like to walk a lot. Mostly in New York. When I'm going somewhere, I'd rather just walk there."

After being discovered online (on a website called Hyves, which she explained is similar to Facebook) and booking her first photo shoot in Holland for Elle magazine, Heinen's life has been quite the whirlwind. "I never thought about [modeling] before," she explained, "People would tell me sometimes that I should model, but I was like, 'I don't know!'"

Of course, she named walking in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show as one of her most exciting achievements so far. However, the Dutch beauty also confessed she admires the looks and careers of Adriana Lima and Rosie Huntington-Whitely. Can we expecte Heinen to pursue a multi-hyphenate career like her Angel idols in the future?

source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/bregje-heinen-victorias-secret-photos_n_1723966.html

Thank you Andre, you´re a real sweatheart :hug: This is actually the first interview I´ve seen with her and a first small inside info about her life. Feels nice to read it. Shame we don´t have the whole interview, but I´m grateful for this :hug:

You're very welcome. I was happy to do it.