Bellazon

Bregje Heinen
Thumbnail

I understand where you’re coming from, Bast. I'll sometimes catch myself thinking “wow, Actor X should have been as big a star as Actor Y” while watching a movie. But really, who can say for certain that Actor X even cares about achieving fame and marketability? We're nothing more than outside observers, we have no idea about Bregje's ambitions, her career aspirations or her future plans. Perhaps becoming the next Gisele simply isn’t her mission? I%20dont%20know.gif

That's not entirely true, we know a little about her ambitions, provided they haven't changed. Being a Victoria's Secret model has been her dream since she first started her career as a model when she was fifteen years old, according to her parents being interviewed about Bregje for a TV program: RTL Boulevard. (The voice-over also calls her an Angel, but that's just some dumbass journalist who couldn't be bothered with something like getting his facts straight or doing some research). And Bregje said so herself in that Grazia interview about being a (Victoria's Secret) model:  ...Dit is mijn droom en het is me gelukt...  Translated: This is my dream and I made it (not I did it, btw that google translation really sucks and in some places its just ridiculous and makes no sense at all). Unfortunately that's about all we know because she rarely gives an interview. Her agent (Micha Emmering Krijger) at Micha Models says that's to shield Bregje so she can lead a normal life (as much as possible).

Also, I was very, very disappointed (as everyone else here is) to find out she wouldn't appear in this year's VS show. And confused too, I can't imagine why VS chose to leave her out, but I doubt it's because of her instagram page, I can't see anything wrong there. (I was glad to see Josephine Skriver got in, not sure about her outfit though).

Here is the clarification that should have been made a long time ago, and why this discussion probably got out of hand:

'You people' is a fairly racially-charged phrase in the U.S., used in the past when white people wanted to refer to POC (usually black people) as a collective while creating distance and, usually, intentionally belittling that group. Google Ross Perot Presidential Campaign if you want to learn more. 

I have nothing further to say about this thread.

:flower: Now back to Bregje!

Thread cleaned:

I'm in no mood for this (sick and have a ton of irl stuff going on, sorry). Either you know what you said was wrong, or you don't. Either way I'm not your parent, and I'm not going to hold you hand and explain to you. Now everyone back to their side of the sandbox, retract the claws and back on Bregje.

Thank you Pretty :yes:

Here is the clarification that should have been made a long time ago, and why this discussion probably got out of hand:

'You people' is a fairly racially-charged phrase in the U.S., used in the past when white people wanted to refer to POC (usually black people) as a collective while creating distance and, usually, intentionally belittling that group. Google Ross Perot Presidential Campaign if you want to learn more. 

I have nothing further to say about this thread.

:flower: Now back to Bregje!

Whoa, never knew about this! Thank you for the info, it seems quite useful.