Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

www.marketwatch.com

International Concepts, exclusively at Macy's , unveils its advertising campaign featuring Brazilian actress, television personality and model Camila Alves as the brand's celebrity ambassador. Beginning this fall and continuing through 2013, Alves will highlight I-N-C's fall collection as she appears in a multi-platform campaign with a significant presence in print, digital and in store. Alves also takes on the role of media spokesperson, being at the forefront of all I-N-C brand messaging such as new initiatives and product launches.

"Camila Alves is a perfect spokesperson and we're happy to welcome her to the Macy's family. In addition to being strikingly beautiful and an A-list celebrity, she is also extraordinarily approachable. That combination is incredibly valuable to I-N-C and to our consumer," states Nancy Slavin, senior vice president of marketing for Macy's Private Brands.

Set against a clear desert oasis in California, the Brazilian model was captured by photographer Walter Chin, with styling by Bill Mullen. Alves' innate style transitions flawlessly from glamorous bombshell in body-conscious dresses to down-to-earth beauty in casual knits and denim, an exciting new category for the brand. The fall collection offers rich hues of teal and burgundy, along with pops of peplum and playful snakeskin prints.

A flawless choice for ambassador, Alves was thrilled about the partnership, stating, "I've always admired Macy's for catering to women with diverse lifestyles. I'm naturally more laid-back when it comes to dressing but also like to show my sexier side for special occasions and I-N-C caters to both ends of the spectrum."

Consumers will be able to experience Alves' stylish success story via macys.com/inc starting late August. The I-N-C collection ranges from $59 - $139; $119.50 for a coat, dresses for $69.50 and footwear for $89.50.

People.com

Camila McConaughey: I Was Afraid My Pregnancy Might Cost Me a Job

Camila McConaughey hoped her baby belly wouldn’t throw a wrench in her career — and thankfully, it hasn’t.

The model signed on as the face of Macy's I.N.C International Concepts’ campaign in April, and discovered shortly thereafter that she and husband Matthew McConaughey had their third child on the way.

“A week before we were supposed to have a photo shoot, I found out I was pregnany!” the Brazilian beauty, 29, tells PEOPLE.

“I was over the moon, but my first reaction was that it was going to be a deal-breaker for the campaign — that they wouldn’t wanta pregnant mom — but we worked it out.”

The mom-to-be was joined by Matthew, 42, at a party celebrating the campaign, held Wednesday at No. 8 in New York City. Her husband will portray an AIDS patient in his upcoming film The Dallas Buyer’s Club, which begins shooting in September, and the pounds he’s lost for the part have become noticeable, admits Camila.

“He’s losing weight for his new movie and he still has to lose more,” she explains. “But I’m very supportive. I’m usually the one right there saying, ‘You can’t eat this, you can’t eat that,’ but he’s very disciplined. He’s really great at it.”

instyle.com 7/27/12

Last Night’s Parties: Camila Alves for Macy’s and More!

Kelly Rutherford helped expectant Camila Alves celebrate her new role as the face of Macy’s INC International Concepts last night in New York City. “The thing that I love most about this collection is that any woman can find a piece that works for her,” Alves told us at the bash, held at No. 8 in New York. “If you like bold colors, if you’re classic, if you’re bohemian, you’ll find something.” And Alves follows her own advice, as she wore a plum bandage dress, a silver cuff, and heels, all from the collection.

Babyrazzi.com 7.27.12

Camila Alves Talks Maternity Style

At the launch of her I.N.C. campaign on Thursday, Camila Alves talked maternity style. Camila, expecting her third child with husband Matthew McConaughey shared her tips for dressing up her baby bump in style. Camila explained what makes her feel the best when it comes to maternity fashion. “I look better if I have tight, fitted things. Anytime I put on anything that is really flowing, it makes me look twice as big than I am.” Her advice to other expectant moms is “Do not be afraid to be sexy while you’re pregnant. I’m learning that on my third pregnancy, I’m like, ‘oh wow, you don’t have to wear just flowing things.’”

modelina.com 7.27.12

Meet Camila Alves: Macy's New I-N-C Brand Ambassador!

Last night, national retailer Macy’s and model-actress Camila Alves hosted a private event at NYC hotspot No. 8 to celebrate the Fall 2012 I-N-C ‘International Concepts’ campaign, starring the Brazilian beauty. As the brand’s newly appointed celebrity ambassador, Camila will be featured in a multitude of print, digital, and in-store advertisements- a partnership that she was thrilled to take on.

“The one thing I love about the brand is that any woman can find a piece in this collection,” said Camila. “It doesn’t matter your sense of style or size. If you like bold prints, bold colors, if you’re a rocker, if you’re classic, you’re going to find a piece.”

In a recent press release, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Macy’s Private Brands, Nancy Slavin, stated, “Camila Alves is a perfect spokesperson and we’re happy to welcome her to the Macy’s family. In addition to being strikingly beautiful and an A-list celebrity, she is also extraordinarily approachable. That combination is incredibly valuable to I-N-C and to our consumer.”

For their first campaign together, photographer Walter Chin shot the Brazilian model in the California deserts in a mix of curve-hugging body-con dresses, and some relaxed denim and knit separates. The Fall collection also incorporates many of the colors that took Fashion Week by storm last February including, rich gem tones in teal and burgundy.

“I’m really loving the bandage dresses right now,” said Camila. “And, I love the denim as well. The denim reminds me of the denim in Brazil: it’s very light, stretchy, it hugs you in the right places. Gives you a nice back.”

While the brunette stunner is quite familiar with the bohemian style made famous by her native country, when it comes to summer attire Camila admits to leaning towards more sophisticated styles these days, but still looking to “spice it up a bit.” Perfect timing considering the versatile collection’s wide range of looks, and super manageable prices- ranging from $59-$139, dresses for $69.50, and footwear for $89.50.

“They [Macy’s] were covering all the bases, so there was no way for me not to be involved in this,” said Camila of the partnership. “I don’t know any other way to keep up to date with the trends!”

Keep a look out for the full report on Camila’s brand ambassadorship via macys.com/inc, launching in late August.

Fashionista.com 7.27.12

Camila Alves on Shooting Her New I.N.C. Campaign While Secretly Pregnant

"...We got to see her gorgeous face and small baby bump last night at No.8 (formerly early aughts celeb hangout Bungalow 8) in NYC, where she was on hand to fete her new I.N.C. gig, which will continue through 2013 and includes a full multi-platform campaign including print and digital.

...at the time of the photo shoot for I.N.C., Alves was in the throws of early pregnancy morning sickness–which she had to keep a secret. “I found out I was pregnant a week before the shoot. The I.N.C. people knew, but the crew, everyone else didn’t and, you know, I was getting sick…

In the mean time, she’s focusing on her gig with I.N.C., which she describes as a full-on “partnership.” She’s gone to the headquarters and made an effort to “understand the whole process” of how everything is produced, from clothes to the brand’s forthcoming home line. She was even quoting price points and expressed how amazed she was that they were able to turn around their inventory every 30 days.

Her interest in that process probably stems from the fact that she has her own line of handbags with her mother, that she hopes to eventually grow. “We have all kinds of stuff; we’re like mad scientists. It’s just about finding the right time to do it.”

Camila and Matthew McConaughey: How They Met (Access Hollywood-VIDEO)

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/camila-alves-dishes-on-third-pregnancy-how-she-met-matthew-mcconaughey/1766336451001

They met at a bar in West Hollywood. But wait, it gets better.

"We met at Hyde, of all places," Camila McConaughey tells Access Hollywood, when asked how she first encountered her future husband, Matthew.

But while she'd seen him in the movies and knew who he was, at first she didn't recognize McConaughey inside the velvet-roped club.

"We had two interactions at the bar," explains the Brazilian model, 29. "The first interaction, I did not know who he was. At the time he had a really long beard, and he had this rasta hat. He was all covered up, and I didn't really realize who he was."

But then, Lance Armstrong – McConaughey's longtime friend – appeared. And Camila put two and two together.

"Lance came to talk to me," she says. "You knew they were always together, so I'm like, OK, I'm outta here. I'm going to the other side of the room!"

Evidently, she changed her mind. And the rest is history – a son and a daughter, a storybook wedding, and a third child now on the way.

With Levi now 4 and Vida 2½, Camila says it was a good time for No. 3. "After having two back to back, it takes you a while to get out of the cloud and to feel normal again and to think straight," she says. "I was really trying to push it back as much as I could. But it was time."

Looking back on their wedding, Camila says in some ways she's surprised she tied the knot at all – but she's thankful she did.

"I think it's something that we evolved to," she says. "I was never the girl that grew up saying I want to get married. I actually told my parents to not expect me to get married."

She adds: "The main thing for me is to make sure our home is peaceful, that it's healthy, that the kids are good. I didn't know how important [the wedding] was, and how really truly special it was, until I went through the ceremony."

171463_camila-alves-dishes-on-third-pregnancy-and-how-she-met-matthew-mcconaughey.jpg

Worldwide News:

Camila Alves: Why I'm Not A Size 0 (Plus Her Hair & Makeup Tips!)

"I've never been a size 0," Camila Alves McConnaughey said when we discussed her new role as the brand ambassador for Macy's INC. "I'm curvy," she explained, "I'm from South America!"

So, the Brazilian beauty and mother of two, who is expecting her third child this year with husband Matthew McConaughey, knows a thing or two when it comes to finding clothes that actually fit. "A lot of the time you see something really beautiful, but if you donât have the perfect figure and are a really small size, it won't work well for you." Her struggles don't include finding dresses long enough to fit her statuesque 5'9'' frame, but rather something more surprising: "I have a hard time finding high boots that go up to your knee, because of the shape of my calves." And, like most women, "I have a really hard time finding good denim," she revealed.

For this newlywed, modeling is all about a healthy routine ("Before a shoot, I'll watch what I eat. During the shoot, I watch what I eat." Alves said. "Afterwards, the first thing I do is go have a steak and french fries"), but it's also about working hard. Although Alves described her shoot for Macy's, which took place in a Californian desert, as "pretty damn hot," that doesn't mean she didn't enjoy it. "Everybody was melting," she explained, "It was windy, sand flying everywhere...but it was fun."

There are many reasons the former "Shear Genius" host enjoys photo shoots. One in particular is that she is able to pick up a lot of beauty tips. "I love wearing my hair curly," she said, "but turning the curling iron all the way up creates curls that look really made up and artificial." Alves reveals the solution: "Grabbing smaller sections of hair, wrapping [it] around the curling iron, holding for a few moments and then letting it go and kind of stretching it out a little bit will give you that beachy natural curl look. I love that!"

In addition to hair, Alves had some makeup advice, as well: "Another trick I learned is that if one eye looks smaller than the other, and I know that if Iâm tired you really start seeing it, this makeup artist told me to put a lighter colored pencil in your eye that looks smaller and it opens up your eye. Then, you put a brownish color in the one that looks bigger, so the give the illusion of evening them out."

As if she has any imperfections. When we spoke on the phone Friday morning, following Macy's celebratory bash at No. 8 on Thursday, Alves seemed genuinely touched by the event's turnout, which included Solange Knowles, Coco Rocha, Louise Roe and, of course, her husband. "I had a great time. You never know if people are going to come, but the place was packed. I was very happy."